Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns N' Roses

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    Hard-rock chaos-crooners Guns N' Roses are getting a Hollywood biopic. Adapted from Marc Canter's 2008 GNR biography, Reckless Road: Guns N' Roses and the Making of Appetite for Destruction, the upcoming flick will not be a documentary, but it will be "very detailed" with "no short cuts."
    Posting to GNR's message board, Canter outlined a few details: "I do have a big say so on the script which is still being put together now but so far looking cool. I am going to see that everyone in the cast is doing their job and doing justice to the band. Since I was there, I know what the dialog was between the band for many of the events that took place. When you find out who is making the movie, you will then understand that it will be very cool. I'm proud of all the hard work that was put into this project and it's just going to KICK ASS! In no way will it be a cheesy movie like Rock Star. There really is such a great story here that even the outtakes will be great."
    Oh, and before you ask, no, Axl Rose will not be involved. "As you all know Axl doesn't support anything to do with the old band except playing their songs live," confirmed Canter. Well, no surprise there.
    No word yet on a release date or casting. But may we take this opportunity to suggest a few titles? How about "Make You Bleed: the Guns N' Roses Story." Or "Where Do We Go Now: Mullets, Metal & Mayhem."

http://www.spin.com/articles/guns-n-...n=spinfacebook
    If they can't use GN'R songs for this movie, my expectations are low. Look at the recent Hendrix biopic--lack of the artists songs pretty much ruined the film.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Some mean-spirited pranksters tried to dupe readers into believing we’d lost Axl Rose during the same week that’s seen the deaths of Bobby Keys and Ian McLagan, but not to worry — the Guns N’ Roses frontman is still very much alive.
    A fake Rose obituary made the rounds Dec. 3, with a headline reading “Sources: Guns N’ Roses Frontman Axl Rose Found Dead in West Hollywood Home at Age 52″ citing “sources” behind “unconfirmed reports” and containing a “quote” from a fake LAPD spokesperson. The offending site, designed to look like MSNBC, has done this kind of thing before — Macaulay Culkin is a recent victim — but it still raised enough of a hubbub to warrant a response from Rose, who debunked it with a little good-natured humor.
    Through his Twitter account, Rose asked followers, “If I’m dead do I still have to pay taxes?,” while on Facebook, the GNR account shared a photo from the Paradise City fan community making fun of the whole thing. Meanwhile, in even better news for fans who feared Rose was dead, he followed that joking tweet with the following photo

Obviously, that’s far from official confirmation that there’s actually a real Guns N’ Roses record in the works, but for the long-suffering faithful patiently waiting for a follow-up to ‘Chinese Democracy,’ Rose seated behind a mixing board has to be taken as an encouraging sign.

Read More: Axl Rose Debunks Death Hoax, Hints at New Guns N' Roses Music |
    Last edited by W Axl Rose; 12-04-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Win FREE Hookers&Blow featuring Don Jamieson tickets for this week's NY/PA shows!
    http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?...cket-giveaway/
    1/6/15 - HOOKERS & BLOW - Bowery Electric, New York, NY
    1/7/15 - HOOKERS & BLOW - Deadhorse Music Hall - McKees Rocks, PA
    1/8/15 - HOOKERS & BLOW - The Legendary Dobbs - Philadelphia, PA
    1/9/15 - HOOKERS & BLOW - Rob's Ballroom - Waynesboro, PA
    Last edited by W Axl Rose; 01-05-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Wait a minute.... Dizzy nor Alex are founding members of those respective bands they're in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Wait a minute.... Dizzy nor Alex are founding members of those respective bands they're in.
    As I mentioned a few posts above,I think it means that they are the two founding members of Hookers&Blow. The bassist and the drummer have changed a few times. As of now they have Johnny Kelly of Type O Negative on drums and Mike Duda from WASP on bass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    At yesterday's sixth annual International 3D & Advanced Imaging Society Awards, which took place at Warner Bros. Studios in Burbank, CA, Guns N' Roses' Appetite For Democracy 3D won in the category of best 3D music entertainment feature.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    It's got everything: strippers, superimposed CGI fireworks, aerial silk dancers, a piano that flies out over the audience ... 10/10

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mr. Dizzy Fucking Reed showing up on behalf of GN'R to accept the award for best 3D music entertainment feature.

Last edited by W Axl Rose; 02-01-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Yawn. How about a follow-up to Chinese already.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Yawn. How about a follow-up to Chinese already.
    How about the first single from the new Bumblefoot album?

https://www.yahoo.com/music/get-a-fi...402234316.html

Guitar virtuoso Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal has worn lots of musical hats over his 20-year career, including his role as lead guitarist in Guns N’ Roses, but his solo career has been where he’s been able to best show off his singer-songwriter skills. Thal is poised to release his 10th album, Little Brother is Watching, on February 24; and Yahoo Music is excited to premiere the title track from the set. The artist himself had this to say about the song’s inspiration: “Orwell’s 1984 told of a futuristic Totalitarian state with a constant eye watching over the masses: ‘Big Brother Is Watching You.’ From those pages to our reality, we live the unwritten sequel, where we have access to technology allowing us to do the watching,” he explains. “We the people, ‘little Brother,’ are the surveillance of the government, the police, each other, and ourselves.
    "Everyone is captured and displayed at their best and worst for all to see. And we’re forced to confront and react to who we are," he continues. "Either we can revel in our humanity and show each other our beautiful imperfections, or we can strive to be perfect and try to hide our ‘flaws’.
    "This song touches on those pressures. We judge each other, and ourselves, both based on who we are. But remember, you are not defined by other people’s perception. You can learn from it, but don’t be enslaved by it."
    If you’d like to keep up with Thal’s schedule, check here for tour and appearance dates.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I've been re-watching the band's 2001 show at Rock in Rio. That was a tight-ass band. The crowd was fucking on! Axl's voice was shaky at times but man, he could get people going. I would love to have Robin and Buckethead back in the band. Anything to get rid of DJ Ashba. That guys sucks.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    How about the first single from the new Bumblefoot album?

https://www.yahoo.com/music/get-a-fi...402234316.html

Guitar virtuoso Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal has worn lots of musical hats over his 20-year career, including his role as lead guitarist in Guns N’ Roses, but his solo career has been where he’s been able to best show off his singer-songwriter skills. Thal is poised to release his 10th album, Little Brother is Watching, on February 24; and Yahoo Music is excited to premiere the title track from the set. The artist himself had this to say about the song’s inspiration: “Orwell’s 1984 told of a futuristic Totalitarian state with a constant eye watching over the masses: ‘Big Brother Is Watching You.’ From those pages to our reality, we live the unwritten sequel, where we have access to technology allowing us to do the watching,” he explains. “We the people, ‘little Brother,’ are the surveillance of the government, the police, each other, and ourselves.
    "Everyone is captured and displayed at their best and worst for all to see. And we’re forced to confront and react to who we are," he continues. "Either we can revel in our humanity and show each other our beautiful imperfections, or we can strive to be perfect and try to hide our ‘flaws’.
    "This song touches on those pressures. We judge each other, and ourselves, both based on who we are. But remember, you are not defined by other people’s perception. You can learn from it, but don’t be enslaved by it."
    If you’d like to keep up with Thal’s schedule, check here for tour and appearance dates.
    Couldn't care less. Looking forward to his new album with Weiland though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Niko : Do you plain others LP Slash Signature?
    Slash : not at this time. But probably in future.

Niko : Why don't you use the Talk Box anymore?
    Slash : I do. Just not on the last record.

Niko : A lot of french ppl would like to see you in the south of France, not only Paris. Do you think it's possible?
    Slash : that really depends on the promoter. I suggest places all the time. But it depends if there is enough of a fan base to book a show.

Niko : You wouldl have a lot of ppl in Lyon.
    Slash: We played with AC/DC in Nice.

Niko : What a great place!! The "Cote d'Azur".
    Slash : Yes. We'll see if we can get a show down there again.

Niko : Would you like to do again a Slash & Friends album? Or maybe a blues album?
    Slash : I might do another collaboration record one day. I don't know about an entire blues record.

Niko : Why did your collaboration with Adam Day stop after VR ?
    Slash : VR didn't make enough money for me to afford Adam Day towards the end. I might hire him back one day.

Niko : Will we have the chance to see old GNR footages such as AFD and UYI recording sessions pics and videos? Even if Axl owns all the rights do you think you could do something for us to see those footages ?
    Slash : There isn't any UYI session footage unfortunately.

Niko : Do you intend to use the silver jub' in a near future again? (There is a reedition announced today by Marshall hahaha)
    Slash : in using one today actually.

Niko : Do you know about some french bands? If yes which ones do you like?
    Slash : Gojira is my favorite metal band.

Niko : Since the beginning of your professional career with Guns N'Roses, in your opinion, which component of your guitar approach has evolved in the more significant way?
    Slash : the ability to hear what I'm playing before I play it; song writing.

Niko : Among all the musical collaborations that you were able to establish, is there one that you are particularly
    proud of?
    Slash : Ray Charles, Jerry Lee Lewis & James Brown. I grew up with them. & it was an honor to work with them.

Niko : Which track on AFD was recorded at Can-Am studios ? Live tracks were made at Rumbo studios, overdubs at Take one studio, but what was made at Can-Am studio ?
    Slash : we recorded Shadow of your love with Mike Clink at Can Am as a demo.

Niko : Did you get news for the Gold Top you were searching for? The one you used in the early 90's
    Slash : no news.

Niko : Someone told me you bought the re-issue of the Silver Jub'. Will you play live with it? Do you feel something special with this amp?
    Slash : I didn't buy a reissue. I do like those amps. But I don't think I like them more than JCM800

Niko : Who are the guitarists that you particularly appreciate at this time?
    Slash : I like Dereck Trucks is cool. I like Synester Gates. I haven't heard very many real exciting new guitarists lately.

Niko : Are you friend with some guitarists of the current GNR?
    Slash : I've never met any of them except for the guy who wears the top hat. I can't remember his name.

Niko : What do you think about the new EMB wah? Will you use it live?
    Slash : What is EMB Wah?
    Niko : you used an EMB audio wah on the Use tour and apparently you bought the new one lately...
    Slash : Oh, those old ones? I'm not using one now. I have a Dunlop rack mount driving multiple wahs.

Niko : Who is the rythm guitarist with whom you enjoyed the most when recording?
    Slash : I would have to say for a 2 guitar team, Izzy sounds the most interesting at the end of the day.

Niko : Why did you choose to play all the guitars on your records since "Slash & Friends", conversely to previous records? Is it to feel more free during the songwritting?
    Slash : Myles played Rhythm gtr on Apocalyptic Love. But I like doing all the guitars because I know what I want the parts to sound like.

Niko : Might you consider sharing again the guitar work in the studio for one of your next project?
    Slash : I will probably do all the guitars on the next one. Myles likes to focus on singing. Frank just does the live stuff.

Niko : We all noticed that your sound noticeably changed since the Snakepit era. What drove your decision to make your sound evolve in this way?
    Slash : I don't consciously change my sound really. I just work with whatever it is I have on hand at the time.

Niko : The itw is now finished, everybody thanks you a lot for your time and your kindess! Do you have a final message for french fans?
    Slash : Tell the French fans they're fucking awesome. I love them. I hope the answers satisfy. The questions are very specific. Interview made for the french Slash forum The Pit Thanks to Slash for his incredible kindess! You're the best man

-

www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-cant-remember-current-guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashbas-name/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Slash wished Axl Rose a Happy 53rd Birthday today on Twitter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://idhitthatpodcast.podomatic.co...09_15_15-08_00
    Primus, Tom Waits, Guns N Roses, Praxis - Brain's worked with all of them (he was a member of GNR for 6 years). He talks about the aforementioned as well as what he's been up to recently - Composing for film. He also tells some great Buckethead stories. Great hang. Recorded in Venice Beach, California February 2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    http://idhitthatpodcast.podomatic.co...09_15_15-08_00
    Primus, Tom Waits, Guns N Roses, Praxis - Brain's worked with all of them (he was a member of GNR for 6 years). He talks about the aforementioned as well as what he's been up to recently - Composing for film. He also tells some great Buckethead stories. Great hang. Recorded in Venice Beach, California February 2015
    Awesome! Brain is one of my favorite drummers. Will listen to this tonight!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Two new live shows ('88 and '92) set for release:
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-...io-broadcasts/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Interesting, I am also curious if the new release is actually endorsed by the band

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/0...roses-breakup/

Rock ‘n’ roll feuds are as old as rock ‘n’ roll itself, but few rifts have been as deep as the one that split up the key members of Guns N’ Roses. Slash quit the band due to personal tensions with frontman Axl Rose in 1996, but a new interview with the group’s former manager suggests that the divide between the two musicians began much earlier — and can be attributed in part to Michael Jackson.
    Speaking to Rolling Stone Brazil, GNR’s ex-manager Doug Goldstein said that Rose was deeply offended when Slash played a tribute concert with Michael Jackson. “I told him not to do it because Axl was molested by his father when he was two and he believed the charges against Michael Jackson,” said Goldstein. “So I asked Slash, ‘How much are you receiving?’ … and he said, ‘I’ll just receive a big screen television.’ When Axl found out Slash was going to play with Michael Jackson and that the payment was a big screen TV, he was devastated. He thought Slash would support him and be against all abuse. From Axl’s point of view, that was the only problem. He could ignore the drugs and the alcohol, but never the child abuse.”
    According to Goldstein, Slash has never apologized to Rose for performing with Michael Jackson in the wake of his abuse allegations, but that would be the best place to start if the band were ever to get back together — something the manager remains hopeful about. “I really believe that for how much I love the band, I’d be the manager to reunite them,” he said. “I don’t think anyone else could do it.”

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    When I first read this MJ thing, I just laughed it off...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/0...roses-breakup/

Rock ‘n’ roll feuds are as old as rock ‘n’ roll itself, but few rifts have been as deep as the one that split up the key members of Guns N’ Roses. Slash quit the band due to personal tensions with frontman Axl Rose in 1996, but a new interview with the group’s former manager suggests that the divide between the two musicians began much earlier — and can be attributed in part to Michael Jackson.
    Speaking to Rolling Stone Brazil, GNR’s ex-manager Doug Goldstein said that Rose was deeply offended when Slash played a tribute concert with Michael Jackson. “I told him not to do it because Axl was molested by his father when he was two and he believed the charges against Michael Jackson,” said Goldstein. “So I asked Slash, ‘How much are you receiving?’ … and he said, ‘I’ll just receive a big screen television.’ When Axl found out Slash was going to play with Michael Jackson and that the payment was a big screen TV, he was devastated. He thought Slash would support him and be against all abuse. From Axl’s point of view, that was the only problem. He could ignore the drugs and the alcohol, but never the child abuse.”
    According to Goldstein, Slash has never apologized to Rose for performing with Michael Jackson in the wake of his abuse allegations, but that would be the best place to start if the band were ever to get back together — something the manager remains hopeful about. “I really believe that for how much I love the band, I’d be the manager to reunite them,” he said. “I don’t think anyone else could do it.”
    Slash played with Michael Jackson in 1991, two years before any allegations were made.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Slash did play with Jackson for parts of the HIStory album and I think he also did a few live shows at the time as well.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Yeah, but the tribute concert Goldstein is referencing was in 1991, for the MTV 10th Anniversary show. Even if Rose and Goldstein knew about the child abuse allegations at that point, they weren't yet speaking out about it, to my knowledge.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Axl playing "I Want You Back."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    Interesting, I am also curious if the new release is actually endorsed by the band
    They are bootlegs. Not only that the Chicago show is incomplete and Coma is missing. I'm not sure how they can legally release these,maybe because they were radio broadcasts? But if Axl went to the trouble of blocking the release of Rapidfire, I'm sure he can stop these too if he wants.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    am I the only one who gets a Don't Cry vibe from this video? haha

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    am I the only one who gets a Don't Cry vibe from this video? haha
    Oh yes.

Not bad, but sort of generic.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 04-16-2015 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Oh yes.

Not bad, but sort of generic.
    song started off well then yep slowly became another generic tune. Not a fan overall

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    song started off well then yep slowly became another generic tune. Not a fan overall
    Whoa you know those guitars that are like double guitars? This is a celebration of mediocrity, I don't understand how and why people make and stand behind music like this. Isn't this the band that Scott Weiland denies being in?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Whoa you know those guitars that are like double guitars? This is a celebration of mediocrity, I don't understand how and why people make and stand behind music like this. Isn't this the band that Scott Weiland denies being in?
    If this single gains any kind of traction maybe Scott will have a change of heart about AOA, considering his new album flopped.