Page 24 of 102 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bonnaroo? ha that would explain everything nice and simple.
    US festival is for sure much better than fucking with russian / ukranian authorities regarding visas for the whole crew and logistics issues to bring equipment through the borders.
    Last edited by acidpolly; 02-12-2014 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So NIN cancelled two gigs in Hungary (last year we had a strong rumour they would play at Sziget) because of US festivals...

Basszák meg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel your you guys. This sucks.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Just make a summer NA-tour, maybe someone there could only attend like 5 shows. They should also make more "let's play here two nights in a row!" dates, don't make Americans travel that much. But don't forget Europe when jerk festival hosts can fuck you in the ass, because they probably pay good money, so they will surely not skip those shows. Playing as the warm-up band for Biffy Clyro for a lot of $$$ >>>> playing for a crowd that actuall cares about your music and probably won't fall asleep during MOTP for less $$$

No, really, I can't wait for the announcement of the next US-tour with thousands of visual effects. If I'm lucky someone will make a semi-decent recording of one of those shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I could go to Vienna, but it would be useless, because there were nin.com tickets.
    I won't pay a lot of money for a gig to see nothing. With my height (160 cm) and a normal nin fan being a lot taller than me (and probably has nin.com tickets) I would see some backs.

So basically I have no other choice. :/

Yes, I'm bitter

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I just discovered that there are some ridiculously cheap flights to Oslo. Tempting...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I just discovered that there are some ridiculously cheap flights to Oslo. Tempting...
    Heard that Oslo is the most expensive city in Europe. If you have to stay there for a night, the cheap flight is gone.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kitz View Post
    I could go to Vienna, but it would be useless, because there were nin.com tickets.
    I won't pay a lot of money for a gig to see nothing. With my height (160 cm) and a normal nin fan being a lot taller than me (and probably has nin.com tickets) I would see some backs.

Yes, I'm bitter
    Hey, I'm like 165, but I'll still go. It's the hand we got dealt, we either try to play it somehow, or we might never see NIN live again. Yeah, I'm a bit dramatic, and I'm sure they'll come for some festivals eventually, but 1. I don't like festivals 2. the festival setlists are lame, or only worth one shot because it's always the same for a certain festival leg.

I'm not so sure by the way how our height would be a problem. Back in 2009, at Syma, after MOTP I was back almost at the very end, but I could see just fine. We'll be jumping anyway

Sure, it might be different for you, I mean, you might have other live acts you'd like to see, or you've been enough (is there such a thing?) NIN shows that you don't feel the need to try to make the best out of this situation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    If that's the case I could have told them that in November. Completely stupid to book a European arena tour with so many cities they are marginally known in.
    Uh-huh. And I'm afraid Helsinki might get scrapped next. After the initial pants-down excitement for the news, I was immediately sceptical over the venue. I'd say by booking their debut arena gig at basically our biggest event center they're seriously overestimating NIN's popularity here. Korn, who are a far more relevant and a regular guest of ours is doing another show at the cable factory, which isn't that high profile at all. Disgusted to say this, but I hope the people are at least feeling a bit nostalgic. Gotta get those tix moving.

If it's any indicator, the Facebook event only has 208 attendees listed. That's just terrible. The page is somewhat hard to find but fuckkkkkkk. Hey man @konkelo let's take a loan together and buy out the remaining seats. I'm not missing this shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Oh fuck, noooo
    I even have friends there (=free accomodation) and it's fucking Norway <3

But as just Laci said it's really expensive. The train from the airport costs 30 euros, the booze is mega expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post

Sure, it might be different for you, I mean, you might have other live acts you'd like to see, or you've been enough (is there such a thing?) NIN shows that you don't feel the need to try to make the best out of this situation.
    I just bought a new flat on my own and I'm visiting my friend in Oslo.

I'm broke. So I can live without a NIN concert.
    Last edited by kitz; 02-13-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I can't help thinking this is part of the reason for the management change. @Fangster_ maybe they'll just downgrade the Helsinki venue rather than cancel like they did in Prague.? I'll say it again though, they need to release a video or something! There's still 3 months to go to do some promotion. Although partly I do wonder whether the Fincher film also has something to do with it, due for release in October

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Just make a summer NA-tour, maybe someone there could only attend like 5 shows. They should also make more "let's play here two nights in a row!" dates, don't make Americans travel that much. But don't forget Europe when jerk festival hosts can fuck you in the ass, because they probably pay good money, so they will surely not skip those shows. Playing as the warm-up band for Biffy Clyro for a lot of $$$ >>>> playing for a crowd that actuall cares about your music and probably won't fall asleep during MOTP for less $$$

No, really, I can't wait for the announcement of the next US-tour with thousands of visual effects. If I'm lucky someone will make a semi-decent recording of one of those shows.
    You know how big the U.S. itself is, right? NYC to Portland is 1.5 times the distance of Glasgow to Moscow. (The furthest points on the original schedule.) There is an enormous area to cover. The state of Texas alone is larger than France.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 02-13-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Funny you mention those places. One of the most recent date announcements was enough to think the band still maintain a shred of human benevolence.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    You know how big the U.S. itself is, right? NYC to Portland is 1.5 times the distance of Glasgow to Moscow. (The furthest points on the original schedule.) There is an enormous area to cover. The state of Texas alone is larger than France.
    It's not about the furthest points, there's plenty of areas in between, and I'm willing to bet that traveling across states is much more easier (and cost-efficent) than traveling between countries. Also, you travel 500 miles, and you are basically at the same place; while I travel 80 miles and I have to make myself understood with a foreign language in a foreign culture, with foreign currencies.

To top that, you get EVERYTHING and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. I wouldn't complain about having a much harder time to attend multiple shows, or having close to zero production, never seeing 100 songs long setlists with guest appearances, never hearing him say "I'll cum all over you" or not even having the chance to see NIN ever with backup vocalists, but this shit they just pulled made all of these needles in my eye - just to use Trent's words - sting. And you know, he really enjoyed himself here. He liked the city (you probably remember how he posted pics and comments on nin.com, in case you asked me for a source), and you could just see that he really enjoyed the gig as well. It was during the time when he skipped encores, or just badmouthed the crowd and whatnot (watched tons of footage back then), but here he just thanked us all the time and told us how pleased he is. I kinda felt awkward even. And now he reschedules the tour? Why does he even feel obligated to play HLAH at every show, when apparently he's the one doing anything for God Money.

I guess there comes a point when you should just stop mashing the man and his music together, because if it was just about Trent I wouldn't be so eager to find and plan another show for me to attend to. Bah, who am I kidding, I just want to see Cold Cave live, the supporting act he gifted Europe with. David Bowie is two words as well, so it's almost the same, right? Oh no, US, you won't get our Cold Cave.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Hey now, we in fact did not get "Everything"- I assure you it was not played!

All jokes aside I do feel badly for the people on the other side of the pond that don't get to see them due to cancellations. I haven't been following ticket sales, we're they that bad?

People do have to realize NIN is a bit of a niche band even here in the states. Yes ticket sales were good in some markets (for example LA, Toronto, St. Paul), but then you had other large markets that wer crap (Detroit and Atlanta off the top of my head). I can't even imagine what it would be like in Europe where they're not very well known.

And for the record festivals fucking suck.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It's not about the furthest points <snip> Oh no, US, you won't get our Cold Cave.
    I just don't understand why your original response to the cancellation of shows (and your continued responses) is to turn this into a European vs. North American thing. Your original post all but said North Americans are blanketed with opportunities to see the band, and I tried to offer some perspective on why that's not the case. Now you continue to pile it on. What's the point?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    And for the record festivals fucking suck.
    I actually just liked your post for that one line. As someone who's had to work on stage at several festivals, I know first hand that they're grueling - even when you've got someone keeping you stocked with free water bottles, you can sit down in the shade (not often, but more often than if you're trying to get a good view of a headlining band), etc. I would never want to see NIN at a festival, even with the amazing production they had last year.

That said, if I lived in an area where that was the only feasible option, and then that option suddenly got canceled, I'd be pretty pissed off. I feel bad for everyone who's suddenly lost their shot at seeing them; especially those who made non-refundable travel plans.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    (forjessamineny's post) I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, hence the "you will not get OUR Cold Cave!" peice.
    Last edited by Krazy; 02-13-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The very last part of her/his post was the only part that was sarcastic to me. (And I snipped the entire middle of the post when I quoted simply so I wouldn't have to quote a wall of text.)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So NIN cancelled two gigs in Hungary (last year we had a strong rumour they would play at Sziget) because of US festivals...

Basszák meg.

Did you guys seriously get 4 solo dates canceled because of Bonnaroo? Man, that really really sucks.

I know what it feels like to have solo gigs canceled, that happened to half the South American tour in 2008 - but that was supposedly because of shitty ticket sales. But actually trading an area of the world that rarely gets to see NIN for the billionth US festival? I feel for you.

Right now I'm just grateful as fuck for that Rio de Janeiro gig. I'll get to see NIN two nights in a row, in two different settings. I wish non-festival NIN concerts unto all parts of the world that usually don't get them.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Hey now, we in fact did not get "Everything"- I assure you it was not played!
    Damn, you beat me to the punch! Soon as I read what was written above that was IMMEDIATELY what I wanted to post, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Did you guys seriously get 4 solo dates canceled because of Bonnaroo? Man, that really really sucks.
    OK, just because Bonnoroo falls on that weekend doesn't mean NIN are playing, guys. Maybe something serious did actually come up in the scheduling, maybe some of the members or crew couldn't get allowance into these countrys, we can only speculate until we see the Bonnaroo lineup (which is coming out next Wed, Feb 19th), we can't assume it is because Bonnaroo is giving them a bigger paycheque.

Chances are, the Bonnaroo lineup has been almost finalized months ago anyway, with small little acts waiting for confirmation the last week. Bonnaroo probably locked in their headliners MONTHS ago. NIN was probably not even invited because NIN's European tour schedule has been out since November. It takes months to plan a summer festival... I'm still patiently waiting for a summer festival I am attending this July to release the lineup, but festivals are not something that are known for making spur of the moment changes, unless one of their big headliners pulled out at the last minute and they needed to fill the spot, i HIGHLY doubt NIN is playing Bonnaroo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All jokes aside I do feel badly for the people on the other side of the pond that don't get to see them due to cancellations. I haven't been following ticket sales, we're they that bad?
    I'm sure it was really bad. I kept checking ticketpro's site and whole section of seats were empty.
    They shouldn't book that huge venue for such a not very well known band in the first place.

Just imagine how bad it could be if Queens of the stone age had to cancel their gig in 2011 in a lot smaller venue (but they same happened to the Smashing Pumpkins a year before)

In 2007 Muse didn't cancel it, but played in a 14,000 capacity venue to 3,000 people. Almost the whole arena was covered with black curtains....

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If this is about ticket sales, they should fire the idiot that booked arenas and downgrade to clubs. It would make me buy MORE NIN tickets to see them in Eastern Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If this is about ticket sales, they should fire the idiot that booked arenas and downgrade to clubs. It would make me buy MORE NIN tickets to see them in Eastern Europe.
    NIN in a club is fantastic. The gig at La Riviera in Madrid was one of my favorites, and it felt like we were maybe a thousand people in there, or less.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post
    Heard that Oslo is the most expensive city in Europe. If you have to stay there for a night, the cheap flight is gone.
    come to the netherlands. we'll drive to amsterdam, stay there at a bed & breakfest (still one bed free) and the next day we make the drive to antwerp. you're welcome
    we're with three persons right now, still one place free...
    Last edited by witte; 02-14-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes, I'm bitter
    Huh? Are nin.com ticket holders allowed earlier to enter the venue or what? I just bought the normal tickets online.

And I know it sucks, I also had a ticket for Budapest.. but it's only 3 hours by train, so if you are able to come and have time, buy tickets for Vienna. I bet the venue is far from sold out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Huh? Are nin.com ticket holders allowed earlier to enter the venue or what? I just bought the normal tickets online.
    yep, early entry for those who bought their ticket on nin.com.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    unless otherwise noted on the nin.com tour page ​(japan)

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I just don't understand why your original response to the cancellation of shows (and your continued responses) is to turn this into a European vs. North American thing. Your original post all but said North Americans are blanketed with opportunities to see the band, and I tried to offer some perspective on why that's not the case. Now you continue to pile it on. What's the point?
    Because I'm mad. You tried, but didn't really convince me. Yes, I get that NIN doesn't play in every individual American's backyard, but still, the difference is huge. /btw "him"/
    First of all, they should try to communicate. I can live with Trent not saying a single word (yeah-yeah, he did post a sentence before and after, hooray) about the Grammys, that confused the heck out of (some/most) of us, but damn it, is it that hard to tell us these dates are cancelled because <this and that>? I'm sure you follow other bands on facebook, who are all buddy-buddy with their fans, always trying to be interactive., while we have NIN, who feels it's best to keep it a secret why they need to reschedule things. It must be scary for Trent to even think about we eventually get some solid information about everything (and yes, it includes even Everything, lol). Do they not have a PR guy?

[edit: I wanted to write "solid information about anything", but I just can't get an Everythhing reference slip away. It never gets old!]

Or... will Trent make a Vevo behind the scenes video about the rescheduling, so he can make some (more) money off from desperate Eastern-Europeans who will definetly watch it? Maybe he releases it in 4 part? Maybe I'll have to buy the Tension DVD, 'cuz it'll be on the extras? I'm not even sure if I'm joking or not.
    Last edited by Volband; 02-15-2014 at 05:22 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ah that's shitty, I want to be in the first few rows. I hope the nin.com contingent wasn't that big.
    Last edited by dominik; 02-15-2014 at 07:47 AM.