Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I'm trying to go for the Roger Waters 2020 Air Canada Centre show, probably will settle for nosebleeds as it'll be pretty reasonable with a gift card I got from my boss. Stuff from Amused to Death and his earlier solo stuff would be great to hear on this tour. I'm hoping they dust off "Folded Flags" from When the Wind Blows; I've always loved that tune! The lyric is astonishing, and it's the most timeless piece of his from the Radio KAOS era.

EDIT: I got a ticket!
    Last edited by botley; 01-29-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    password for today's MLB presale: DIAMOND

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    i got decent upper level tix for tacoma & didn't bust the bank for them. can't wait!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Roger just confirmed on Facebook that Jess and Holly will be back in the band for this tour!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I've never seen RW and I really regretted not getting tix to the last tour. I think I may have to pull the trigger on this.

edit: Chase presale not working for me. Pricing 'locked'. The few prices I can see are over $250...can't tell if they are face value or resale. What a fucking joke Ticketmaster is.
    Last edited by cdm; 01-30-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I've never seen RW and I really regretted not getting tix to the last tour. I think I may have to pull the trigger on this.

edit: Chase presale not working for me. Pricing 'locked'. The few prices I can see are over $250...can't tell if they are face value or resale. What a fucking joke Ticketmaster is.

there is some sort of ticketmaster presale going on, password: MONEY. i got on the MLB presale yesterday. i paid $120 ea for some nice upper level seats (including service charges). i think there are some in the $60 range. there is a venue presale happening in seattle also. keep at it & good luck!

EDIT: AEG presale starts @ 10 AM local time. password: ECLIPSE
    Last edited by chuckrh; 01-30-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    there is some sort of ticketmaster presale going on, password: MONEY.
    Thanks! That worked. $123 after fees for upper bowl. Not terrible I guess. Really looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Thanks! That worked. $123 after fees for upper bowl. Not terrible I guess. Really looking forward to this.

Roger is definitely in the expensive old guys zone but its still not as bad as the Stones or Motley Crue/Def Leppard. You will regard this as money well spent. With Roger, you can see where the money goes with the production & sound. Every time I've seen him, he's had surround sound. As great as the Wall was (saw both his version & the original), I thought the last tour was even better. I mean the Battersea Power Station appeared between sets! During "Eclipse/Brain Damage" a giant pyramid made out of lasers covered at least half the floor. There was more spectacular stuff too. I think the band is pretty much the same this tour & they were top notch. I really didn't expect him to tour again but I guess a certain president etc has got him riled up, haha. The venue he's playing in the Seattle area is a pain in the ass to get to but I'll do it for him. I'm excited!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Decent tickets for the 2020 Roger Waters tour are wicked expensive, and I almost decided to simply not go. But it's very likely this may be the last chance to experience anything Pink Floyd related live. I would rather see David Gilmour, but seriously doubt he will tour again, especially in USA. So I scored two very excellent seats at TD Garden. This will be an epic year for concert experiences!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just dont know enough about the "in the round" stage setup. But I took an educated guess based on the location of the VIP seats.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Alright, I bought my tickets for the theater screening for Nick Mason's bluray, and 2 tickets for Roger Waters. It's the first time I'm going to see a Pink Floyd member live!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    I just dont know enough about the "in the round" stage setup. But I took an educated guess based on the location of the VIP seats.

I fully expect Roger will come up with something excellent & innovative for the in the round concept. He's truly a visionary in regards to the concert presentation.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Roger Waters Us+Them Live is available for streaming on Amazon Prime.

Update: it seems to have been removed. It was probably leaked by mistake, as there was absolutely no promotion about it.
    Last edited by PhoenixML; 03-09-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Rented it. I didn't see any shows on the tour so I can't quite compare the two, but I found it worthwhile. Musically it was a bit all over the place, the drummer got a little too show-offy at times and Johnathan Wilson's vocals were a bit weak in places, but that's par for the course if you try and replicate what Dave did and still can vocally.

I'm surprised this got a digital release, without any Blu-ray or DVD release first. Hopefully a soundtrack album can be put together, or better yet Roger does a live album comprising the deeper tracks he did on that tour with the ones he'll probably play on the upcoming one.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    No problems here with Roger's current band, they were terrific when I saw them in Toronto for this tour and really livened up some of the Pink Floyd material with fresh approaches. However, they might have chosen a slightly more flattering close-up in the film for poor Jon Carin during his lap steel solo in "One of These Days", haha.

EDIT: Just watched the credits and the live audio recording was done by Jon Lemon (NIN's Front-of-House sound mixer on Fragility tours and mixer of the And All That Could Have Been DVD in 5.1)!
    Last edited by botley; 03-05-2020 at 12:38 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I thought better of the newer material, especially "Picture That" which pops with the live band more than the studio version. I wish they could have included "Wait For Her" which was just starting to be done in the encores around the time they filmed those shows.

Last edited by onthewall2983; 04-02-2020 at 02:08 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Roger was on Fox News tonight. Must have figured it's Dave's birthday and tried to get more attention on himself lol.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Must have figured it's Dave's birthday and tried to get more attention on himself lol.
    Um, presumably not everything in his life is about revenge on Gilmour...

Really looking forward to getting Nick's Saucerful of Secrets double-LP live album. Gonna skip all this year's Floyd-related Record Store Day releases though, I think.
    Last edited by botley; 03-07-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    In cinema it was much better, but even at home this is still amazing. And I am probably one of the few (wink) who enjoys the most the new songs.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post

A post shared by on

Just watched this again and got really hyped about the possibility of Rog bringing back "If" and maybe some other older pre-Dark Side Floyd for the new shows...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post

Update: it seems to have been removed. It was probably leaked by mistake, as there was absolutely no promotion about it.
    Wow. This actually makes sense, but wow.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Roger Waters postponed This Is Not A Drill tour to next year.. this would be a great time to release the Us & Them film on digital
    Last edited by Soma; 03-27-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    This is probably never happening, but now would be a good time to catch up on that RW DSOTM tour dvd release. This is pretty much the only Floyd-related tour not covered by an official release since also Roger's Radio Kaos tour 1987.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wow, so much for 2020 being the best year in concerts.... 2021, you're up!

As for Us+Them Live, it has leaked. Amazon let it slipped for 3 days, and some folks grabbed it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I'm glad they've cancelled this but to not offer refunds is fucking bullshit. My money isn't a no-interest loan. $20-30 for a mid-level artist I'd let it slide but fuck this.

Edit: contacted Ticketmaster and got, basically, "sorry, nothing I can do, decision is up to the promoter." Really fucking piss-poor given the circumstances.
    Last edited by cdm; 03-27-2020 at 06:32 PM.