Page 405 of 486 FirstFirst ... 305 355 395 403 404 405 406 407 415 455 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,150 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Well shit, that's the best lookin' belt the company has released in.... god, I don't even know how long.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I kept hearing about a hemp belt. Didn't know what to think. It's awesome.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Daniel Bryan made my night, he is one of the best things in this company right now, that belt is wicked good!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hideo asked for his release and got it, apparently. There's goes another one. Maybe we should do a pool for how many more leave by mania.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Hideo asked for his release and got it, apparently. There's goes another one. Maybe we should do a pool for how many more leave by mania.
    Among with Ambrose, Maria Kannellis and The Revival?
    My bet goes for Ziggler...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I kind of think the Dean Ambrose thing is a ruse like 2011 CM Punk. We’ll see.

I am glad KENTA is back and Itami is no more. He will land somewhere and be the killer he used to be again.

I love Daniel Bryan and his awesome hemp title. It would be tempting to buy one if they’re made available.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Among with Ambrose, Maria Kannellis and The Revival?
    My bet goes for Ziggler...
    Revival aren't going anywhere unless they sit out after Mania. Their contracts are up in Summer 2020 so unless they go the way of PAC and others, they're with WWE for the time being. Ziggler was also a smoke screen because he said he wasn't scheduled to be at the Rumble and then... showed up in the Rumble. Never trust what he says.

Basically, they're not going to release talent that can end up helping AEW or anyone else right now. That includes Mike Bennett since he had a good career in the indies for so long. I think KENTA goes back to Japan, but VKM isn't too concerned with him since he let him flounder on 205 Live, which was a shame.

I am now unsure that Dean Ambrose is actually leaving and that this could be a work. Ambrose brought up signing with WWE when Nia Jax interrupted him, and the fact that WWE acknowledged and confirmed the release makes me suspicious. Basically, I won't believe Ambrose is truly gone until he shows up at a non-WWE-affiliated indie show at this point. Wade Keller's sources could have been working him.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I love Mauro.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Ambrose never really did anything for me as a solo act. Even with his character being hamstrung by the PG nature of the product, I was consistently bored with his in-ring work. That said, they really missed a golden opportunity with his heel turn. I think a hypochondriac Ambrose, who became unhinged by his SHIELD brother's illness, could have been a story with some real legs. Like, he lost his mind and can't trust anyone because they might become ill and leave him. Shit that could've went DEEP - get Renee in on it and you could've had a real, layered story that Ambrose could have nailed. Instead we were given Dollar Tree Bane getting punked out by Nia Jax.

WWE has such a DEEP talent pool I would not be shocked to see many asking for - and being granted - releases. From WWE's perspective, there is no harm in letting a Dean Ambrose go to a promotion like AEW or ROH. They save some money, and they have such a stacked roster that they can plug another comparable superstar into his spot. Give his spot to Matt Riddle. Give it to the Era. They've got so much talent down at the PC like Aichner, Carillo, etc, that they will be totally fine with losing a Matt Riddle to fill in for Ambrose.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I agree that Ambrose as a solo act has been underwhelming, i like the guy but i never found anything special in his matches and his solo run in general, i do believe he has talent but him and Reigns were everything but entertaining, I think only Seth has been the successful solo guy from The Shield (end even him felt so forced to win this year's Royal Rumble).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I agree that Ambrose as a solo act has been underwhelming, i like the guy but i never found anything special in his matches and his solo run in general, i do believe he has talent but him and Reigns were everything but entertaining, I think only Seth has been the successful solo guy from The Shield (end even him felt so forced to win this year's Royal Rumble).
    I've said it before and I'll ay it again, I hate the Shield and always have since debut. Never liked them as a group or solo. They're all just so boring and they're given and handed big slots in everything.

Worlds Collide was a fun little tournament special. Surprised and nice to see Velveteen Dream win it all.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I've said it before and I'll ay it again, I hate the Shield and always have since debut. Never liked them as a group or solo. They're all just so boring and they're given and handed big slots in everything.

Worlds Collide was a fun little tournament special. Surprised and nice to see Velveteen Dream win it all.
    I don't hate The Shield, but i do think they are overrated.

I never liked Reigns (even before it was cool to hate him...), Ambrose seemed to me charismatic but boring in the ring; i guess i like Seth the best (but i never saw him on the level of a Stone Cold, Bret Hart or Flair).
    I do think the whole group was shoved down our throats, but at the moment they needed new stars and they had great matches with the Wyatts or Evolution, so i guess they did live to the hype; everything went downhill after their first breakup, because it showed the individual weaknesses of everyone.

Yeah, "Worlds Collide" was great; Velveteen Dream deserves to be NXT Champion someday!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Shield is very overrated. Good, but they don't compare to other previous factions no matter how high wwe tries to make them out to be.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Seth Rollins is great. The other two? Not so much.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's funny. When The Shield first started, the focus was mostly on Dean. He did the majority of the talking. Roman didn't talk much at all. Rollins didn't start showing off until way later either.

Then they split, and they strap a rocket to Roman, who previously was too afraid to cut promos. He barely ever spoke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kris Wolf just announced her retirement. She mentioned it's due to concussions over the years and recently has been suffering from blackouts and memory loss. She may not of been the most skilled technical wrestler but she was so much fun and always put a smile on my face when she performed. Thank you Kris. MEAT, BUTTS and OEDO TAI! AWOOOOOO!!!

Retirement Announcement

CBS This Morning Interview

Kris Wolf Tribute

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Wrestlevotes' Twitter has just posted that AEW has made an "outstanding offer" to a current, big WWE superstar. Meanwhile, AJ Styles has disputed that he's signed a new contract with WWE and Finn Balor has instagram'ed an old picture with Chris Jericho. WV has also broken news about Daniel Bryan's WWE title belt design and other things, so this should be taken seriously until we see otherwise.

Lord, it's beginning and I'm kind of excited!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Wrestlevotes' Twitter has just posted that AEW has made an "outstanding offer" to a current, big WWE superstar. Meanwhile, AJ Styles has disputed that he's signed a new contract with WWE and Finn Balor has instagram'ed an old picture with Chris Jericho. WV has also broken news about Daniel Bryan's WWE title belt design and other things, so this should be taken seriously until we see otherwise.

Lord, it's beginning and I'm kind of excited!

I get money makes the world go round but tossing insane amounts of cash to people to sign is a bit lame. If people were truly behind the product they'd wanna join or ask about it. Just my two cents.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I get money makes the world go round but tossing insane amounts of cash to people to sign is a bit lame. If people were truly behind the product they'd wanna join or ask about it. Just my two cents.
    Counterpoint - WWE-sized money with half the touring schedule. More or similar money to stay home and train, rest, rehab, etc. while opening other opportunities for acting or whatever extracurricular you want to do. We default to more money, but time could also be the valuable piece of this as well.

Regardless, this is a great time to be a pro-wrestler.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Counterpoint - WWE-sized money with half the touring schedule. More or similar money to stay home and train, rest, rehab, etc. while opening other opportunities for acting or whatever extracurricular you want to do. We default to more money, but time could also be the valuable piece of this as well.

Regardless, this is a great time to be a pro-wrestler.
    Of course but if you're as behind this new venture as much as people like Cody Rhodes and the Young Bucks are you'd be excited and want to join in on the hot new organization in town. To me that shows passion and drive for a more (presumably) independent product than WWE. As it stands now, AEW just comes off as rich man throws wads of cash to jump start roster promotion and buzz with no clue if it'll even be profitable or a success. I honestly doubt it'll ever dethrone WWE but it'd serve as a fun alternative for something else to watch much like IMPACT! (don't watch it), NJPW, POW, ROH, etc.

I wish it success so I'm not a total naysayer or jerk as it sounds. As of now it just is eerily similar to WCW 2.0 due to origins and money involved.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Of course but if you're as behind this new venture as much as people like Cody Rhodes and the Young Bucks are you'd be excited and want to join in on the hot new organization in town. To me that shows passion and drive for a more (presumably) independent product than WWE. As it stands now, AEW just comes off as rich man throws wads of cash to jump start roster promotion and buzz with no clue if it'll even be profitable or a success. I honestly doubt it'll ever dethrone WWE but it'd serve as a fun alternative for something else to watch much like IMPACT! (don't watch it), NJPW, POW, ROH, etc.

I wish it success so I'm not a total naysayer or jerk as it sounds. As of now it just is eerily similar to WCW 2.0 due to origins and money involved.
    I don't know if you already are watching it, but they've been making this joke on Being The Elite the last few weeks.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I don't know if you already are watching it, but they've been making this joke on Being The Elite the last few weeks.
    Not really, there's so many rumors, "journalist" news outlets and other stuff being spewed out I haven't paid 150% attention to news surrounding AEW, etc.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Not really, there's so many rumors, "journalist" news outlets and other stuff being spewed out I haven't paid 150% attention to news surrounding AEW, etc.
    Unclear if you understood what I was referring to. If I'm incorrect though, cool.

Anyway, for this to work, you need some rich dudes, and the Khans are VERY rich. I remember when Shahid put in the bid for the Rams after they went up for sale in 2010 (and based on what happened, I'm sad we didn't get to see what he would've done because part of me hopes that he would have kept them in St. Louis instead of trashing the city on the way to LA the way Kroenke did) and remember hearing his story about being self-made and all that. The family does strike me as one that is going to invest money into something that they feel is going to yield a return for them and that they understand that this is a long-term project and not something to give up on after a year.

All of that being said, yes, we shall see what ends up happening with AEW, but this is good for the business. WWE needs legitimate competition and the fact that they were running around last week dangling five year deals to folks whose contracts are up this year and next year tells me that they are damn sure taking this seriously. Triple H says he likes competition, but VKM 100% does NOT.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I don't think AJ Styles will go to AEW, the WWE would rather give him a reduced schedule and some bonus than lose him that easy.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I don't think AJ Styles will go to AEW, the WWE would rather give him a reduced schedule and some bonus than lose him that easy.
    The name associated with the rumored offer is Randy Orton, supposedly. This isn't confirmation, but Randy's name is attached to the rumored offer.

I, personally, can not stand Randy Orton (he reminds me of every dumb bro in STL, so... it's 100% unreasonable of me to feel this way but still, bite me) but if AEW somehow gets him, that's a big fucking deal.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The name associated with the rumored offer is Randy Orton, supposedly. This isn't confirmation, but Randy's name is attached to the rumored offer.

I, personally, can not stand Randy Orton (he reminds me of every dumb bro in STL, so... it's 100% unreasonable of me to feel this way but still, bite me) but if AEW somehow gets him, that's a big fucking deal.
    Not a fan of Orton either, but he's a big name, i just hope AEW gets a good TV Deal (unlike Impact!), otherwise this ship will sink, regardless of the names...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    oh gods....pray for me.....im about to watch the infamous House of Horrors match.....oh boy here we go...lets see how bad it really is...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    oh gods....pray for me.....im about to watch the infamous House of Horrors match.....oh boy here we go...lets see how bad it really is...
    Good luck.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not a fan of Orton either, but he's a big name, i just hope AEW gets a good TV Deal (unlike Impact!), otherwise this ship will sink, regardless of the names...
    People seem to forget that Impact DID have a good TV deal. Averaged 1-2 million viewers a week. Then they screwed it up. I'm optimistic for AEW. Especially with the possible TNT/TBS rumors.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Holy fucking shit that was hands down the worse piece of shit ive ever watched thus far on the WWE. This was fucking doomed to the start, Randy being part of the Wyett's made absolutely no fucking sense to begin with, AND I LIKE RANDY TOO. God damn that was fucking horrible. I'd rather watch the Undertaker break into that one dudes house again and beat the shit out of him...i forget who that was. that was more entertaining. jesus fuck