Page 385 of 485 FirstFirst ... 285 335 375 383 384 385 386 387 395 435 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,550 of 14543

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    If anyone follows any of the WWE roster or staff on instagram I find it painfully funny and also awful that I am Mike Rome in relation to Alexa Bliss. He’s been lusting for ages and finds its wrong when there’s a third wheel. This time is Gulak as the trio went to Universal Studios Japan. I love this photo. She looks so unimpressed:

As for real news, I read an interview of Triple H saying the possibility of main roster talent going back to NXT or making match/feud appearances is something that may happen....
    It used to happen quite a bit. Tyson Kidd and Zack Ryder being the most regular of the two. Cesaro as well with his matches against Zayn. Considering how the main roster is, I'd hardly call going back to nxt a demotion.
    Last edited by Piko; 08-31-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I used to happen quite a bit. Tyson Kidd and Zack Ryder being the most regular of the two. Cesaro as well with his matches against Zayn. Considering how the main roster is, I'd hardly call going back to nxt a demotion.
    Could be a foreshadow for Kevin Owens. Also, I was going through the NXT archives on the network and man, I completely forgot that Randy Orton, Sheamus, Cena, CM Punk and others would drop by NXT from time to time. It makes sense. I am a big fan of Tyler Breeze and feel like he could thrive in NXT while Fandango is out. Could also give him a chance to retool a little.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I doubt KO would. At least on a regular basis. Maybe a team like The Revival. The call ups with no direction.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Definitely planning on watching ALL IN tomorrow. Listened to JR's podcast with Cody and the Bucks earlier this week, then caught Cody's interview on Busted Open from Starrcast today and I'm genuinely excited. It feels like the start of a new era of wrestling, and for the first time in a long time, some competition for WWE in terms of opportunities for talent.

Anyone else excited?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    All In: Zero Hour (pre-show) is airing live on WGN America if you have cable. I'm watching it now.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

The battle royal was fun even though i didn't know like 75% of the participants. I'm not watching the main show but I hope the show does well.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    This weekend was one of the best in my life. Both AAW shows were great. All In was special. Everyone I met was cool.

I hope this becomes a yearly thing.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    This weekend was one of the best in my life. Both AAW shows were great. All In was special. Everyone I met was cool.

I hope this becomes a yearly thing.
    So, you were there for the stuff with Callahan? Sounds like a mess.

Finished All In about an hour ago. Good shit. Some spots and things came off weird to me. Totally for the fans though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Overall reaction is that ALL IN was a huge success for the business. Jury is still out on the PPV buy rate, etc. Heard on Solomonster's podcast gate estimate was around $300K (I think, can't remember off hand) and based off of previous TNA PPV buy rates, he estimated ALL IN was around 60K.
    I think the chances of getting a second ALL IN type event are zero. I think another super show, with talent from ROH, CMLL, AAA and NJPW is definitely possible. This was unique, and should stand alone as it's own piece of business.
    As for the card, I loved the Omega/Penta el Zero match. Hangman/Janela was a fun hardcore match, with the finish off the ladder bordering on too far. The Joey Ryan stuff was fun since I watch BTE regularly, but can see both sides of the coin with people panning it. Aldis/Cody was overbooked, but the right guy won. The women's match was excellent, but the finish killed it for me. Okada/Scurll was ok; Marty had a great showing but it definitely felt too lonnnng. Bummed about the length of the main event, and definitely need to.see more Bandito in my life. Fenix was amazing, as usual and the wrestlers did what they needed to do and made it a high speed car crash spot fest to finish on time.
    Overall: 9/10

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd probably give it a 8/10. Amell/Daniels went on way too long for what it was. The finish to the women's match was just weird. Okada/Scrull was good but too long and ruined the main event. Some people didn't like the Joey Ryan part. I thought it was pretty appropriate. Shame to have Emma there to just commentate and not work a match. Kind of a waste imo. The Jay Lethal stuff with the actual gear Savage used with Lanny in his corner was pretty cool.

Overall, it was a really good show with a few hiccups. The guys running it aren't bookers. But they did a bit of everything for everybody. It had good use of legends. A battle royal worth caring about. Highly recommended for sure.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm glad ALL IN, did good, at least they are trying to bring an alternative.

BTW, Impact Wrestling is coming to my town in two weeks, i'm debating whether to go or not, i used to love TNA, but hated it in the end; but the card has Pentagon and Austin Aries, i guess it's worth to give it a shot...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    So, you were there for the stuff with Callahan? Sounds like a mess.

Finished All In about an hour ago. Good shit. Some spots and things came off weird to me. Totally for the fans though.
    Not only there but intimidated/annoyed by the douchebag security turd wearing sunglasses inside. I wasn’t sure the interruption during Jimmy Jacobs vs Sami was real until after the show, I walked by the shades indoors asswipe and being the wise ass I am, I said “Hey my man, gotta take care of those chairs, right?” and this tough guy gets in my face and yells “What the fuck did you just say to me?!” and so, I think...the worst case scenario is also the best case scenario. Let this motherfucker hit me. I’ll sell it like a Big Show punch (sure it’ll hurt) and then I’ll sue. There were many witnesses including my friend I was hanging with for the weekend. So I repeat what I said, smiling. Tough guy then stomps off like my three year old nephew when he doesn’t get what he wants.
    It was real.
    Over the next couple days at Starrcast, I met Jeff Cobb, Jessicka Havok, Jimmy Jacobs and Dave Crist and asked each about it, telling them my experience. They all said the same thing. The Logan Square management thought Sami and Jimmy were breaking chairs; they weren’t. When the dickhead manager sent security to Sami DURING THE MATCH, he thought it was part of the show and shoved them. The same asshole I had the confrontation with put his hand on his gun and threatened Sami.
    I know the sites are saying Sami and Jess got thrown out. They didn’t. And I guess AAW owner Danny Daniels smoothed things over later but the wrestlers up in the balcony were furious during/after the match.
    Surreal.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I'm glad ALL IN, did good, at least they are trying to bring an alternative.

BTW, Impact Wrestling is coming to my town in two weeks, i'm debating whether to go or not, i used to love TNA, but hated it in the end; but the card has Pentagon and Austin Aries, i guess it's worth to give it a shot...
    I've been hearing Impact has gotten a lot better recently. Not sure how much seats are. But if it's reasonable enough, I'd go.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    As for All In, while it wasn’t a perfect show, it was awesome and felt special. The only match I didn’t like was Scurll vs Boring Ass Okada, which was too long. Scurll tried so hard to make it work too. The Battle Royale was a lot of fun until the end. That flat earther sucks. Cody vs Aldis was very good and it was a pretty sweet moment to see Cody win. I LOVED Janela vs Page and the Joey Ryan resur-erection was the most over thing of the night. Seeing Black Machismo was fun despite Flat Earth Flip; especially when Lethal thought Brandi was Elizabeth. Seeing Omega wrestle in person for the first time was an experience. Although Penta annoys me, that was match of the night. The main event was rushed for sure but still lots of fun.
    I really hope there’s a DVD. You guys should YouTube the speeches after the PPV ended. Cody’s was a perfect encapsulation of the event and weekend.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I've been hearing Impact has gotten a lot better recently. Not sure how much seats are. But if it's reasonable enough, I'd go.
    Price range is decent, certainly is much cheaper than the WWE shows they do here every year.
    Place is small, but seems nice; i never went, but i heard good things about it.

Seems the show will be taped for TV, so that's a plus, i'll give it a shot!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    first, forgive my ignorance. i'm a casual fan at best. i went through a phase where i was real into wwe & especially ecw. was crushed when wwe absorbed ecw. so that gives you a time reference point. saturday night, i was out late seeing foo fighters. when i got home turned on tv & ring of honor wrestling was on. its on in seattle against saturday night live i think. kind of had me feeling nostalgic for ecw. of course nowhere near as radical but it was entertaining. lot of young guys (including some that looked they were still teenagers or barely out of their teens). then bubba ray dudley came out or bully ray now. woo hoo! business is picking up! i think i saw some blurbs about some other "names" formerly of wwe like maybe chris jericho? anybody out there into this & what do you think? i know there is at least 1 guy on here who actually wrestles. much respect & no insults meant by anything.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    first, forgive my ignorance. i'm a casual fan at best. i went through a phase where i was real into wwe & especially ecw. was crushed when wwe absorbed ecw. so that gives you a time reference point. saturday night, i was out late seeing foo fighters. when i got home turned on tv & ring of honor wrestling was on. its on in seattle against saturday night live i think. kind of had me feeling nostalgic for ecw. of course nowhere near as radical but it was entertaining. lot of young guys (including some that looked they were still teenagers or barely out of their teens). then bubba ray dudley came out or bully ray now. woo hoo! business is picking up! i think i saw some blurbs about some other "names" formerly of wwe like maybe chris jericho? anybody out there into this & what do you think? i know there is at least 1 guy on here who actually wrestles. much respect & no insults meant by anything.
    You were watching All In: Zero Hour pre-show. It was a self funded wrestling PPV featuring talent from NJPW, ROH and NWA.

On the WWE front, I loved Alexa's new ring gear, the exclusive shirt and bow along with tonight's segment. She also won against Natalya in a mocking armbar.

Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-03-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    You were watching All In: Zero Hour pre-show. It was a self funded wrestling PPV featuring talent from NJPW, ROH and NWA.

On the WWE front, I loved Alexa's new ring gear, the exclusive shirt and bow along with tonight's segment. She also won against Natalya in a mocking armbar.

Think her gear tonight is old. NXT old.

This raw is so weird. No coach is always a plus. Cool to see Gable on tv sporting his catering beard. So underrated.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Think her gear tonight is old. NXT old.

This raw is so weird. No coach is always a plus. Cool to see Gable on tv sporting his catering beard. So underrated.
    Yeah but I don't recall those trunks matching the time she was with Blake & Murphy. She wears those old trunks on House show appearances though. This looked new entirely, to me anyways.

Anyways, I dug the whole look. I made gifs since I'm a dork.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    My god, that senile old turd actually did turn Braun, his most over face, instead of his precious Roman.

This, amongst many other dumbass decisions, is why I’m thankful for All In, AAW, PWG, and independent wrestling in general.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I just stopped watching RAW altogether, it bores the hell out of me and i can't stand the stupid decisions either; turning Braun was retarded, i'm so done with Roman Reigns ...i'm just watching the PPV's and sometimes Smackdown.
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 09-04-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I am good with Braun as a heel and all of this stuff with The Shield as long as Braun doesn't lash out against the fans/audience. Then it's trying too hard. I do wonder where they're going with half the locker room vs. The Shield. I mean, I remember the old 11 on 3 matches that they did in Spring 2014 against them, but it'd be nice if there was a point. The other thing I worry about is the IC title losing value, especially if we're going to see it disappear to have a Rollins/Ambrose vs. Ziggler/McIntyre tag team title match at HIAC. They could do the old "All or Nothing" stip in the match, but they'd be too silly... right?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Even though people take a crap on the division I only watch for the women and mainly Lexi these days. Not sorry haha.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If they didn't have Rousey, I wonder how much id really care. My issue with the Braun turn is how over he was as a babyface. He was the most over and they killed it. And why did they kill it? For Roman. I don't see Roman dropping the title so soon either. So they not only killed his babyface momentum but also his mitb push as well.

And no one's going to mention Spud managing AOP? Talk about weird and random. They should never have canned Ellering.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    They should never have canned Ellering.
    I said the same shit.

However......badadadadadadadadda da dum dum da dum!

THE MIXED MATCH CHALLENGE RETURNS IN 2 WEEKS. THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!

I loved the first one so much. I cannot wait for it again. Team Little Big should've won. Since there's no streak on the line this time they just well might.

Round robin style, no eliminations also!

Teams:

Alexa & Strowman
    Charlotte & AJ Styles
    Asuka & Miz as defending champions
    Rusev & Lana
    Naomi & Jimmy Uso
    Bayley & Balor
    Sasha & Lashley
    Carmella & R-Truth
    Jinder & Foxy
    Nattie & Kevin Owens
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-04-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

thanks for answering & not making fun of me!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    r-truth is hilarious

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    So i got my Impact Tickets, first row center, i'm excited about the taping (gonna get an old lady to join me just to be like the dude with the long hair at WWE...)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If this happens, how sick would an angle with Penta and Black be - thinking of a dark/occult/Brood-esque tag team...
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...x-pentagon-wwe