Page 293 of 486 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 343 393 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,790 of 14565

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    here's my first main event match!

It was so hot. 93 degrees. The ring was just COOKING in the sun all day. I got so blown up just doing the opening sequences. I love doing spot shows, but they also kinda suck because none of the fans there are wrestling fans..so you really have to coach them into getting into the match.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    here's my first main event match!

It was so hot. 93 degrees. The ring was just COOKING in the sun all day. I got so blown up just doing the opening sequences. I love doing spot shows, but they also kinda suck because none of the fans there are wrestling fans..so you really have to coach them into getting into the match.
    Dude, great match. You both told a helluva story, and you did a great job of building to the finish. Those little dudes were SO bummed you lost - awesome stuff.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Dude, great match. You both told a helluva story, and you did a great job of building to the finish. Those little dudes were SO bummed you lost - awesome stuff.

thanks man. That show was really fun. Cause it was at a park for a community day..so there was free hotdogs, free snow cones, and a free swim!..we got to shower and then swim. it ruled.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Going to the WWE house show here in Hawaii tonight. I may bitch and moan about the current product but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't exicted. It's been years since I've been to a live wrestling event.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Going to the WWE house show here in Hawaii tonight. I may bitch and moan about the current product but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't exicted. It's been years since I've been to a live wrestling event.

I feel like you're NEVER allowed to complain about anything in life, simply because you live in Hawaii.

edit: I'm just joshing. Have fun dude. House shows are always way more fun because the talent don't have huge restrictions so they have more fun.
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 06-30-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The house show last night was a good time. KO vs Nakamura was a definite highlight. If given an extended program those two could do something special. Same goes for Styles and Rollins, they didn't have much interaction because they were part of a fatal 4 way but you could tell that those two in a feud would be money.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    No booking today (7.1.16) no booking tomorrow, and no booking sunday. This is unreal.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Never gets old. Love his teeth. LOL

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Hurts my soul.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Just realized. I'm wrestling 4 times this weekend. and ending the weekend sunday night seeing one of my favorite bands, letlive. i'm gonna die.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Wow no RAW comments for this week! how shocking! (sarcasm...)
    I heard that this week's RAW had one of the lowest ratings in years i hope that's true...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Wow no RAW comments for this week! how shocking! (sarcasm...)
    I heard that this week's RAW had one of the lowest ratings in years i hope that's true...
    Me too. Based on the ratings slide I got a feeling by the end of this year they are going to have to make some pretty huge decisions. I've spent the last couple weeks re-living the second half of 1997 on the Network. Watched the Badd Blood PPV last night. It's so fucking sad, the current product does not remotely compare.

I had forgotten that Pillman died the day of that PPV. Sucks he didn't get much time in WWE, I bet he would have had been legendary had he had the chance. I feel like he was mostly only known in the mainstream via the gun incident with Austin.

Kind of an awkward time for him to die really, as kayfabe he had abducted Teri Runnels as his sex slave and was taunting Goldust with the XXX-Files at the time. Kind of a precursor to Val Venis in some ways. Classic stuff.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It was terrible and not really worth mentioning. It was a holiday episode though. Team USA vs. The World main event. The international team had the more over guys. USA had Big Show and Kane...

Show was so tedious, I ended up turning it off and stream it on my laptop (on mute) so I can play SFV. That's what Raw has become.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    I had forgotten that Pillman died the day of that PPV. Sucks he didn't get much time in WWE, I bet he would have had been legendary had he had the chance. I feel like he was mostly only known in the mainstream via the gun incident with Austin.

Kind of an awkward time for him to die really, as kayfabe he had abducted Teri Runnels as his sex slave and was taunting Goldust with the XXX-Files at the time. Kind of a precursor to Val Venis in some ways. Classic stuff.
    Pillman had lots of potential and will forever remain as a huge "What if...", just like "Dr Death" Steve Williams, regarding their careers.
    I agree that Pillman's legacy has been narrowed to the "gun incident"...
    I just remembered about this cool video for Ambrose, done with Brian Pillman's titantron:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Pillman was a guy, no matter how good he was, would be overlooked. Aside from Hollywood Blondes in WCW, what did he really do that's significant? He was always stuck with other people. Kinda like what Jannetty was to The Rockers.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    The final deletion was AMAZING.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The final deletion was AMAZING.
    It was kinda dumb, but that was the point. It was too ridiculous to be taken seriously. It was just fun to watch. The whole show was decent. Didn't take themselves too seriously. Just did their show, no bullshit. Are they finally done trying to be the lite version of wwe? I'd possibly watch it again next week if it stays like that.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm loving these Brother Nero segments. They're so bad but goddamnit, it is entertaining as fuck.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I mean, it wasn't supposed to be a 5 star classic. it was supposed to be different and unique.. it was just that.

The production was TV show quality. the fact that there were multiple angles and there was no visible camera men really impresses me. So chances are they had to do that match several times.

ALSO

LOVED all the hidden easter eggs in the match. examples:
    Matt's drone was "Vangaurd 1 = "V.1"
    the stun gun (There was a controversial video on youtube some years ago of jeff using a stun gun on matt and remy (playfully)
    Jeff falling off the big logo the SAME way he fell off the cage onto the steel steps
    The fire works = Jeff's pyro exploding
    them ending their feud in the fire mirrors the hardy's kinda coming into their own when they were in the brood; they entered in fire.
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 07-06-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That was pretty fucking hilarious. This might make me watch TNA. I hope they keep going because I want more of this train wreck.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    the guy who did this deserves a medal:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I can't un-watch it. In fact, I've been watching it again. It's so hilarious. Delete, delete!!!!

And now for our viewing pleasure: Botchamania 313:

Last edited by thevoid99; 07-09-2016 at 08:56 PM. Reason: to avoid double-posting..

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    My match on Sunday didn't happen. I spent 5 hours in the hospital 4 hours away from home.

On sunday, I breathed fire in my entrance..and I inhaled the tiki torch fluid. Before the match officially started..every inhale I took was accompanied by a cough. That has never happened before. I was fucked up, I almost told the ref to tell my opponent to just immediatly take it home. But I didnt...thankfully he noticed something was wrong and stalled.. we did the n'at h and I was fine.

Fast forward to later that night. I was completely fine, slight tightness in my chest..but I went to a birthday party at 9:00 pm. While there I started feeling worse. Chest was getting tighter, started feeling nauseous. Left around 11. Got home, threw up from my asshole, took a hit of an inhaler and I was fine..for about an hour. I got a crazy fever. I was covered in sweat, then freezing. I ended up sleeping on my couch so I didn't disturb my girlfriend. I slept terrible that night.

Sunday morning I was feeling way worse.. immediatly threw up once I into the bathroom. My girlfriend took me to my buddies house and I threw up on the side of the road..this is when I realized I'm REALLY screwed up. Start the 4 hour car ride..ended up stopping at Walmart for a puke bucket just in case (thankfully I didn't need it)..on the way to the show I messaged the booker and told him even though I was still coming, there's no way I could wrestle..I'd collapse or throw up in the ring...and if I did neither, I wouldn't give the performance I wanted to.

We got to the venue, I sat at my buddy's merch table for 3 matches (my friends were first.) I sent one a text saying I could not wait till we got back to Pittsburgh - I needed to go to the hospital now. We went, I was there for 4 hours. I have pnemonia, the tiki torch fluid is in my lungs, had a fever of 101 (they drew blood and my blood was VERY warm).

So today is Monday. I feel like absolute shit. I'll post the videos once I manage enough strength to get off of the couch.

This is from Friday:

this is from Saturday:
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 07-11-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Shit, I hope you're OK. Maybe you need to slow down a bit. In the meantime, here's something to entertain you.... again and..... again.... and.... again!

I've seen it so many times and I just can't stop watching it. It's just so goddamn funny.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This is from Friday:

this is from Saturday:

just realized these were set to "private" enjoy!!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I watched WWE's attempt at Final Deletion with the Wyatts and the New Day and.... man.... they really missed the fucking point. WWE tries to make it serious and scary but it's just awful. The photography and shaky cam doesn't work at all. It tries to be ridiculous and it's just.... eh.... They rip off TNA and WWE fanboys get extremely defensive. What a bunch of losers. They don't know funny or what is entertainment. This is what funny and entertainment is...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Anyone watch NXT and CWC? Pretty fucking sweet. Balor and Nakamura went almost the entire hour. CWC is very interesting. They are really going out of their way to make this look like a legit competition. Refs even explaining the rules to them before the bell and asks them to shake. It's crazy. Pretty cool though.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I heard Cedric Alexander is at the CWC event.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I heard Cedric Alexander is at the CWC event.
    Yup. He was on last night. He had to cut weight to do it, and it shows. He got a good pop too when he came out. Oh, and another thing worth mentioning. Bryan and Mauro are pretty awesome as a commentary team. They know their shit and there's no clutter or bullshit. Good chemisty.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Watched CWC last night and loved it.
    Nak/Balor was underwhelming. Still don't get what "it" Balor has. Also kind of peeved about Nak's inconsistency in selling, tho that can be chalked up to learning the "WWE style".
    Very excited for Tuesday's Draft telecast on the network. Very smart of hem to utilize the network for the draft; between that announcement and watching the kickoff and first round of the CWC, I'm hoping to be surprised (positively) with their presentation of the reboot/brand split.