Page 273 of 486 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 323 373 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,190 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Shawn Reuters at Cageside sums up my sentiment on Balor perfectly in his recap of NXT's go home show:
    So, I think Finn just isn't for me. This seemed like a perfectly fine promo, with a little bit of edge or fire to it... and I'm not feeling it. I recognize what I see as angry babyface mannerisms and others see as hints of a heel turn in his ringwork last week and later on this show, and they're pretty well done, and I'm just not interested. If you are, that's great. Like any art, this is subjective. But a year and a half into his WWE career, I feel like I've given him a fair shot, and he's never gonna be a favorite of mine.

GREAT Fightland article on Shinsuke's Bomaye knee (and pro-wrestling). Fascinating, with great perspective for fans of MMA and pro-wrestling alike.
    Last edited by the duder; 03-31-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Guys, I just had a thought. What if Cena helps Undertaker beat Shane, turning heel?

I'm still hoping Balor Club helps Shane win but a Cena heel turn would be interesting albeit unlikely.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Here's the final card for NXT Takeover: Dallas

Finn Bálor (c) vs Samoa Joe. NXT Championship
    Bayley (c) vs Asuka. NXT Women's Championship
    Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura.
    The Revival (Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder) (c) vs. American Alpha (Jason Jordan and Chad Gable). NXT Tag Team Championships
    Austin Aries vs. Baron Corbin
    ...looking forward to that sweet Asuka/Baley match!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm looking forward to the whole thing. Then we get SIX HOURS of wrestlemania on Sunday. They moved four matches to the preshow (us title, battle royal, divas tag match, and something else). I can do without the us title match.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I posted what might be a final rant towards WWE in general in my film blog: http://thevoid99.blogspot.com/2016/0...arch-2016.html

I needed to unload as these might be last days as a wrestling fan it's likely I won't post or read stuff anything again, except for BotchaMania.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    My big prediction is that the Hall of Fame is just going to be sad to watch. Death will hang over the whole thing.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well, it looks like the WWE has been trying to do some cover-up work as it regards to Bryan's health and trying to gloss over everything: http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/201...tage-smackdown

This is just widening the wedge I'm just having with WWE and wrestling in general.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I posted what might be a final rant towards WWE in general in my film blog: http://thevoid99.blogspot.com/2016/0...arch-2016.html

I needed to unload as these might be last days as a wrestling fan it's likely I won't post or read stuff anything again, except for BotchaMania.
    At least stick around for your comments, i understand your lack of interest and i been drifting away from wrestling myself but this thread keeps me interested, at least a bit.

Not surprised on the Bryan stuff, i heard that he was supposed to be at Fan Axxess, but cancelled, also Brie retired early, so i'm wondering if Bryan was feeling ill or maybe they are taking some time off to be a family...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    If I didn't have the WWE Network I would still pay for the NXT: Takeover events.
    I would be amazed if this isn't better than Wrestlemania.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    If I didn't have the WWE Network I would still pay for the NXT: Takeover events.
    I would be amazed if this isn't better than Wrestlemania.
    Is there any doubt that it'll be better than mania. Stacked card compared to the clusterfuck that is mania this year. So far, it's off to a good start. And Kota Ibushi is there! Would be awesome if they sign him.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Really good show thus far.

Sooooo ready for Nakamura.

HOLY FUCK that's a pop if there ever was one!
    Last edited by Swykk; 04-01-2016 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Pretty safe bet to assume Zayn was pretty hyped for this match. Huge smile on his face at the beginning. Great match so far. Great show as well. And we've still got Asuka/Bayley (another one I'm really excited for), and Joe/Balor.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That was a classic! So stiff.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So we can all agree that Zayn v Nakamura is match of the year, right?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Hell yes, Asuka! That's my girl! Hell of a reign, Bayley. I imagine she's bound for the main roster.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yeah but I read that Asuka put Bayley on the chickenwing but Bayley didn't tap out but passed out.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Oh shit, Joe is cut deep!

Old fossil Vince is gonna be soooo angry.

Yeah, this crowd is telling the out of touch bastard what they think about PG.
    Last edited by Swykk; 04-01-2016 at 11:04 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He didn't blade. He'll be fine. All these match stoppages is really excessive though. Joe was clearly pissed. I'm sure plenty of people were. It's stupid. It's not life threatening. Let them fucking wrestle and stitch him up after.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Pretty damn good show. Main event had it's faults, obviously. They made the best of it though. Zayn/Nakamura killed it. Asuka/Bayley weren't far behind. Great show from top to bottom.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I'll be honest and say I loved it. Can't remember the last time I was this excited and impressed top to bottom for a wrestling show that wasn't PWG.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Don't have much else to add. It was a great show. Zayn Nakamura killed it. It'll be a real shame if Zayn gets lost in the shuffle on the main roster. So happy that Asuka won....the main event definitely caught my interest with its brutality. Well, the wrestling show is done....now onto the spectacle/spot fest. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The future for NXT is looking pretty bright. Bobby Roode, Kota Ibushi, and possibly Ricochet could be on the way.

Rewatching takeover again. Such a great show from top to bottom. Mania, while the card is very lacking, I'm sure they have some surprises up their sleeves that will make up for its shortcomings.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Be more of a narcissistic piece of shit, Michael Hayes. Wait, you can't.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Be more of a narcissistic piece of shit, Michael Hayes. Wait, you can't.
    If there is any sense of hope coming in the WWE. I hope that racist piece-of-shit gets fired from the WWE for good. He is a decrepit old fuck that just needs to go along with his buck-tooth bitch-buddy Kevin Dunn.

Oh and to HHH, fuck you. I hope you get a life-long concussion you egotistical cocksucker. You fucked Sting over and I hope you endure pain of the worst kind you ball-less fuck: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/4/...e-hall-of-fame

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    If there is any sense of hope coming in the WWE. I hope that racist piece-of-shit gets fired from the WWE for good. He is a decrepit old fuck that just needs to go along with his buck-tooth bitch-buddy Kevin Dunn.

Oh and to HHH, fuck you. I hope you get a life-long concussion you egotistical cocksucker. You fucked Sting over and I hope you endure pain of the worst kind you ball-less fuck: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/4/...e-hall-of-fame
    What did Michael Hayes do now? And why are you upset with Trips about Sting retiring?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    So we can all agree that Zayn v Nakamura is match of the year, right?
    I didn't think it was as great as everyone was saying. Nakamura has never impressed me; he's just a stiff striker. But one of the very best in the world? Not even close. I thought this match was entertaining, but hardly MOTY quality.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I didn't think it was as great as everyone was saying. Nakamura has never impressed me; he's just a stiff striker. But one of the very best in the world? Not even close. I thought this match was entertaining, but hardly MOTY quality.
    The speed that the two of them worked really impressed me. The close misses on the really hard looking hits showed how much the two of them trusted each others ability in the ring. I haven't seen Nakamura wrestle before, but I had heard about him. This fight was a great first impression.
    Combine how impressed I was with him with the fact that he was going up against my favourite WWE guy in his (likely) final NXT match.... yeah, I haven't seen a better match this year and I'd be impressed/surprised if the WWE can come up with something that I would get more excited about.
    Last edited by Warped_Savant; 04-03-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Betting odds have Zack Ryder to win the IC Title. Soak that one in for a second.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Got my free month of wwe network so i can watch mania. I hope its decent tonight.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    What did Michael Hayes do now? And why are you upset with Trips about Sting retiring?
    Because HHH is a fucking cocksucker who only cares about putting himself over when he isn't as talented as half of the roster during his prime and everyone knows Sting should've won last year instead of that ball-less fuck.

And for all of you jabronies who insist on wasting 7 hours of your time on this sports entertainment bullshit. Don't fucking bother. Here is the new episode of BOTCHAMANIA!!!!