Page 134 of 486 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 234 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,020 of 14565

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    This is better than last night's Raw
    http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/...-morning-show/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I didn't even watch RAW.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Didn't miss anything. Puzzled as to how they could put Rusev and Henry to close the show. Any other raw, fine. But, the final show to sell a ppv? Wtf? Just halfassed writing. It's like they've given up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Didn't miss anything. Puzzled as to how they could put Rusev and Henry to close the show. Any other raw, fine. But, the final show to sell a ppv? Wtf? Just halfassed writing. It's like they've given up.
    Seriously, it would have made more sense to close the show with the Bella's.....that's how bad I thought the ending of Raw was. Also, why did Reigns and Rollins have the exact match they are supposed to have at the PPV? With Reigns going over clean??

Not expecting much at NOC. Give me another NXT Takeover.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The ppv s have been their only saving grace. No bullshit. Just wrestling. That's why I like NXT so much more. They have storylines, but only just enough to move things along. They actually allow them time to wrestle. Main roster is all storyline with little actual wrestling. And when we do get wrestling, it's so rushed and halfassed, that it just isn't worth caring about. A 3 hour program and I doubt we got a full hour worth of wrestling.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I only saw the Cena-Lesnar thing and man, that was underwhelming to say the least with the exception of the stuff from Paul Heyman's mouth. I'm now being close to just being done at this point. What will WWE gain if Cena does win? For me, this match between Cena and Lesnar is more than just about the WWE title but it's also about the company's future. Cena winning will not only do nothing for the WWE but it will be an affirmation that as long as Cena is still around, no one will ever be on top as long as Vince is still alive to ensure that Cena stays as the face of the company. Could you imagine Cena in his 50s still the WWE champion for the 30th time and burying talent that are young enough to be his children? God, that is depressing.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Cena winning would do nothing but continue the complacency. Really don't understand why Vince is so sweet on Cena. Maybe he's old and doesn't want to build a new guy? This is the guy who made Hogan? Hogan left, and he finally gave Bret and Shawn their long deserved pushes. There's tons of people to build up. Yet, they keep passing the ball to Cena. Pass it to someone one else. Seems like Reigns is the next guy. Too soon imo. People are already starting to boo him. But I think it's more the booking's fault than it is Reigns. There's so many people who are hot with the crowds, yet they just kinda sit there while the show continues to revolve around Cena.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Vince didn't make Hogan. He was already red-hot in the AWA, but Verne Gagne wasn't savvy enough to keep him. Vince just capitalized it as best as he could, also didn't hurt that MSG was still homebase for them. Bret was pushed because he was A) clean at a time when they were moving away from muscled-up monsters and B) popular with the European markets WWE were starting to concentrate on. Shawn was pushed because he clamored for that spot and worked hard at it (not to say Bret didn't do the same, they both had been there for a long time by then).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Seriously, it would have made more sense to close the show with the Bella's.....that's how bad I thought the ending of Raw was. Also, why did Reigns and Rollins have the exact match they are supposed to have at the PPV? With Reigns going over clean??

Not expecting much at NOC. Give me another NXT Takeover.
    Rumors regarding the order of the events was that Cena/Lesnar was supposed to close the show, but the order was re-written to attempt to capitalize on the halftime break in the Colts/Eagles game, so we got stuck with that fucking awful Henry/Rusev segment to close the show.

Also, yeah, that Rollins/Reigns match was fucking weird. Guess what you'll see if you buy the PPV, guys? This exact same match, except maybe Dean Ambrose will crawl back out of the dumpster he lives in and return to fuck Seth Rollins's stupid caveman face.

I have to say, though, I'm really looking forward to Cena/Lesnar. It's only the third match since Lesnar's return against Cena, so it still feels kind of fresh. Plus, the Summerslam match barely counts when Cena got destroyed. I hope that happens again - it'll be interesting to see Cena thoroughly broken and tossed out of the title picture for a little while. Maybe Roman will get the belt next year as a result.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    "Yo, who is talkin' bad about us, brother?!"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    "Yo, who is talkin' bad about us, brother?!"

Hogan & Cena.... life partners who likes to suck each other's dicks.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Vince didn't make Hogan. He was already red-hot in the AWA, but Verne Gagne wasn't savvy enough to keep him. Vince just capitalized it as best as he could, also didn't hurt that MSG was still homebase for them. Bret was pushed because he was A) clean at a time when they were moving away from muscled-up monsters and B) popular with the European markets WWE were starting to concentrate on. Shawn was pushed because he clamored for that spot and worked hard at it (not to say Bret didn't do the same, they both had been there for a long time by then).
    Still, Hogan is a douchebag, he refused to put over Bret at Wrestlemania IX and he stole the spotlight for him alone only to leave the company two months later...
    Love him or hate him: Bret deserved the push, i'm glad that the "steroids case" against the WWE was such a big deal, it brought us great stars like Bret, Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon and Owen Hart
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 09-17-2014 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Didn't wanted to put over typos

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I heard rumors that Cena's next feud will be with Rusev.... that is a stupid idea. I would rather have Cena be off TV for a while to sell the beating he will get from Brock Lesnar... unless he decides to win which God forbid, will happen.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Goodbye Rusev...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm thinking of watching the Monday Night Wars docummentary from the Network.Is it any good? Anybody here seen it? Feedback plz D:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    I'm thinking of watching the Monday Night Wars docummentary from the Network.Is it any good? Anybody here seen it? Feedback plz D:
    It's good, just don't binge it because there is a lot of recycled footage.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Rusev needs to work more matches and get more over before working with Cena.
    If they feed him to John and he ends up looking weak, then he'll join the "squash jobbers" club (just like: Tensai, Great Khali, Ryback, Vladimir Koslov, Chris Masters, Ezequiel Jackson and more...)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't think he has enough momentum behind him to take a loss to Cena. Look at Wyatt. He still hasn't got his momentum back. A match against Cena for a newer guy is a bad idea.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Any young talent that is on the rise who either has to face Cena or be aligned with him (like Zack Ryder did) is going to be buried by him. Cena is a fucking cancer who is believed to be the Jesus Christ of wrestling to morons and their children. As far as I'm concerned, I hope there's a special place in hell for him where he can join the likes of Adolf Hitler.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Yes, it does use a lot of recycled footage but I find it pretty enjoyable. The DX episode has been my favorite so far.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Mick Foley episode on the Monday Night Wars is my favorite so far. It allowed me to bask into the greatness that is Mick Foley and relive that moment when he won the WWE title for the very first time. The pop that it got when he won.... you will never see or hear that ever again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    The Mick Foley episode on the Monday Night Wars is my favorite so far. It allowed me to bask into the greatness that is Mick Foley and relive that moment when he won the WWE title for the very first time. The pop that it got when he won.... you will never see or hear that ever again.
    I agree with you on that moment......that pop. Incredible moment for sure. I'm glad I got to watch it as it happened back then. I wasn't a WCW fan so I had no idea of the spoiler.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I've really resisted that series, after watching the first episode. There was a lot of revisionist history and white-washing about how truly bad WWF was in the early/mid-90's, and a lot of Vince being the pot calling the kettle black when it comes to WCW having stolen his talent. On top of which, I don't need current WWE talent to tell me what it was like from their perspective, in the most generic way possible. Not to mention Michael Cole calling it "the WCW".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not into wrestling anymore, but as a kid, I loved it. The 90's with hulk and warrior were the golden days. Good memories

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Growl I get to miss the last hour of the PPV this Sunday since it's when I start my new job. Working nights every Sunday kills my PPV viewings

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Damn, that's the only hour worth giving a shit about. Aside from Cena/Lesnar, I really don't care about this ppv. The build has been atrocious. Not much really made me interested. Throw together a quick card out of nothing and this is what you get... Puzzled by how Wyatt isn't even booked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wonder if this is kayfabe or not.....at the moment it seems legit. Not the biggest reigns fan but this is just not good for anyone.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/5123...reigns-surgery

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wow, seems pretty legit. Talk about bad timing

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I like the guy though I think he needed work. Yet, I think this will be a blessing in disguise as it would give him the chance to refine his mic skills and by the time he's healed. He can put more work into his move set. I think he needs a couple of years to be a main eventer.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    No good for Reigns. I was suspecting an ambrose return tomorrow, anyway.

unrelated: I ran into Victoria and Brian Nobbs at Riotfest in Chicago