Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming and Technology News

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New Tom Clancy's: The Division gameplay trailer.

After playing the alpha, I can personally vouch...this game's gonna be amazing.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    New Tom Clancy's: The Division gameplay trailer.

After playing the alpha, I can personally vouch...this game's gonna be amazing.
    At this point, with how long this has been hyped up.. it has a lot to deliver on. It's the FFXV of its genre

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'd definitely like for a "Tom Clancy" branded game to be good again, it's been a LONG time since any of the Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon games were worth a shit, Hawx and EndWar were total duds.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm hyped. New Rainbow is meh, looking forward to GR and The Division.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Prospekt is a fan made, Valve endorsed, Half-Life standalone add-on where you play as Adrian Shepherd.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/399120
    Prospekt begins in the Nova Prospekt prison in the Half-Life universe. Gordon Freeman is slowly being overrun by soldiers in the prison, however unknown to him his Vortigaunt allies manage to find some help from a forgotten hero.
    • Substantial, highly-polished and totally new addition to the Half-Life 2 universe, comparable to Half-Life 2: Episode One in length

• Developed by one person, 25 year old Richard Seabrook

• Official Valve approval for Half-Life 2 license and assets

• Standalone PC game built using the Source engine - no requirement for Half-Life 2

• Continues the story of Opposing Force, Gearbox Software’s (Borderlands) update that tells the original Half-Life 2 story from the perspective of the Marines. Gordon

• Freeman is cornered and being overrun by soldiers in the Nova Prospekt prison; the player controls US Marine Adrian Shepherd - the unsung hero - as he’s teleported in by Freeman’s Vortigaunt allies to help fight back.

• 13 new levels featuring fully-scripted puzzles and action sequences, all carefully integrated into the Half-Life 2 story

• Substantial graphical updates over the original game, including but not limited to:

• New Textures

• New Models

• Updated high resolution combine soldier skins with improved normal mapping

• Updated high resolution textures

• Updated lighting

• Higher resolution models

• Increased cube mapping

• Over 20 new particle effects

• Modded HUD

• Modded VGUI

• New player model skin

• Return to Xen

• New voice acting

• New music

• New AI improvements, such as soldiers attempting to undo the player’s actions

Edit: I can't get the formatt spacing correct for the bulletins. Anyone know how to fix this?
    Last edited by ziltoid; 01-15-2016 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    http://bsccomment.com/2016/01/16/nin...ecurities.html

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/...nd-more-coming

the nintendo nx information is sparse and sometimes contradictory, but it's sounding like it will be out before the end of the year.
    a nintendo on or close to the level of the PS4 would be enough to get me to buy a modern console.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Prospekt is a fan made, Valve endorsed, Half-Life standalone add-on where you play as Adrian Shepherd.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/399120
    Hmmm... not very sold on the visual style of this one. Reminded of interior missions in first Far Cry more than HL2 itself.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the pre-order for Twilight Princess HD for the WiiU went up a couple days ago, and amazon is discounting new games, so even with tax, i got the version with the wolf link amiibo for $53. plus, wolf link unlocks a new dungeon!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    This can't come soon enough!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the pre-order for Twilight Princess HD for the WiiU went up a couple days ago, and amazon is discounting new games, so even with tax, i got the version with the wolf link amiibo for $53. plus, wolf link unlocks a new dungeon!
    so, apparently, the "new dungeon" is just the cave that you could access in the gerudo desert in the original game, which is pretty lame. BUT you can use the Link amiibo to replenish arrows, the Zelda or Sheik amiibo to replenish hearts, and the Ganondorf amiibo to increase the difficulty of the game (causes link to take greater damage).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    so, apparently, the "new dungeon" is just the cave that you could access in the gerudo desert in the original game, which is pretty lame. BUT you can use the Link amiibo to replenish arrows, the Zelda or Sheik amiibo to replenish hearts, and the Ganondorf amiibo to increase the difficulty of the game (causes link to take greater damage).
    So in order to experience the full game you need to collect all the amiibo's?

I need some clarification. Do the amiibos give access to supplementary content and abilities or is it cut content that is added to the amiibo chips as a selling point?

I was interested in getting a Wii U sometime before the release of the NX mainly to play Donkey Kong and all the Mario games. But, if buying hard to get amiibo's locks me out of accessing cut content, I'd rather not buy a Wii U at all.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    So in order to experience the full game you need to collect all the amiibo's?

I need some clarification. Do the amiibos give access to supplementary content and abilities or is it cut content that is added to the amiibo chips as a selling point?

I was interested in getting a Wii U sometime before the release of the NX mainly to play Donkey Kong and all the Mario games. But, if buying hard to get amiibo's locks me out of accessing cut content, I'd rather not buy a Wii U at all.
    Every copy of Twilight Princess comes with the Link Wolf Amiibo that unlocks the extra dungeon. The bonus hearts and stuff are supplemental and require the extra Amiibo.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Every copy of Twilight Princess comes with the Link Wolf Amiibo that unlocks the extra dungeon. The bonus hearts and stuff are supplemental and require the extra Amiibo.
    correct. my confusion comes in the form of this: in the original version of twilight princess, you can access that extra dungeon simply by entering it in the gerudo desert. so it's not really new. unless it's in addition to that one?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    correct. my confusion comes in the form of this: in the original version of twilight princess, you can access that extra dungeon simply by entering it in the gerudo desert. so it's not really new. unless it's in addition to that one?
    I don't have a solid answer but in the original game the optional dungeon was called Cave of Ordeals and this one is called Cave of Shadows. So maybe it is in addition to?
    Last edited by RJK; 01-26-2016 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I don't have a solid answer but in the original game the optional dungeon was called Cave of Ordeals and this one is called Cave of Shadows. So maybe it is in addition to?
    it seems like it's basically the same thing, though, from the ad i saw. oh well. still happy they're porting the game.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Finally a release date for Doom and a new trailer. It comes out May 13.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Read this and found it to be fairly accurate.

Full priced multiplayer shooters must change.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    GameTrailers is shutting down today.

http://kotaku.com/video-game-website...ars-1757939279

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Amazon Japan Now Ships Games Internationally (only on items shipped + sold by amazon.co.jp)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone see this article? Looks like a good time for cloud servers! "$38.2 billion in cloud infrastructure revenue is forecast for 2016" :O

I think 1&1 are among the first companies that most people think of when cloud servers are mentioned, at least to me. I was looking at their page for the dynamic cloud server, and I was pretty surprised at how highthe CPU range goes, it's a lot higher than I thought! 16vCores...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Respawn Entertainment (Titanfall) announces that they've partnered with EA and Lucasfilm to create an entirely new 3rd person Star Wars shooter.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    What do you guys think of the new COD and BF trailers? Personally I don't care, as I think those games are trash, but the BF game set in WW1 sounds cool.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    What do you guys think of the new COD and BF trailers? Personally I don't care, as I think those games are trash, but the BF game set in WW1 sounds cool.
    I'm not particularly a Calladoody or BF fan; I play them at a friend's house once in a while, they're ok but I don't feel the need to buy them. Until now with this Battlefield. I've always wanted to see a big-budget WW1 movie; its just a fascinating time in history with some great story potential that is hardly touched upon in modern media. This ain't a movie, but the WW1 setting instantly gets my interest. I'll wait for reviews; these games tend to be riddled with bugs.

That name, though, is ass. Battlefield 1? Really? Even calling it Battlefield World War 1 would be better.

As for COD, it looks...ok. The space setting makes me a little more interested in the game, but not nearly as much as BF.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Battlefield 1914.. missed opportunity there.

I mean we've already had 1942 and 2142 so why not?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    As soon as the COD trailer went to space I was far more interested. It basically looks like Killzone but with faster game play, and I'm actually kinda down for that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holyyyyyyyy shit.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Holyyyyyyyy shit.

Rainbow Six feat Metal Gear Solid V feat Splinter Cell

I'll buy day one.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think Wildlands looks great. Dishonored 2 is an easy best of show, for the moment, though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Dammit probably gonna have to drop the money to get the PS4 VR headset now that Rocksteady is making a new Batman VR game. Oh well, should be fun.

Also, the hell is with the new Kojima game? lol

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Days Gone looks so good, i don't care if zombies are overdone. Sam Witwer starring in it is reason enough to play it.

Kojima and Reedus back again, fuck yes! I am definitely interested in whatever the hell that was.

Horizons Zero Dawn! Detroit Become Human.

Jesus i need a PS4 asap.

Oh and that Spider-Man game looks hella promising!