Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1160

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BJM View Post
    Mike Garson confirmed it is him playing on Halsey's "People Disappear Here" in a conversation on Twitter.

Tricil asked -- https://twitter.com/tricil/status/1479993881156542464 :

And Mike Garson replied -- https://twitter.com/mikegarson/statu...95120422318085 :
    Yup, and I added that to the Mike Garson page yesterday.
    Last edited by piggy; 02-20-2022 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malechite View Post
    @piggy Thanks for the heads up!

That’s likely a database error. I upgraded all the software and did some database maintenance at the end of last year. The content probably still exists but might need to be re-linked in the db. I came across this same problem with a couple other pages when I did the upgrade.

I’ll take a look!

EDIT: The page should be restored - https://www.nin.wiki/Nin.com/Fragility_Rehearsals

Let me know if you come across any others like that!
    @Malechite
    Found another one:
    https://www.nin.wiki/1994/10/04_Los_Angeles,_CA

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @piggy - did you add the info about The Slip from Rob? Including the part about the original poster the cover was inspired by?

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...070#post555070

Also noticed this (anything worth adding?) -

https://www.twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1389976605968134148

Or the bit about the PM Hurt single photo? (Also on the patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/posts/62654005)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    @piggy - did you add the info about The Slip from Rob? Including the part about the original poster the cover was inspired by?

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...070#post555070

Also noticed this (anything worth adding?) -

https://www.twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1389976605968134148

Or the bit about the PM Hurt single photo? (Also on the patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/posts/62654005)
    Yes, I had added the text about the poster inspiration, but now I've added the poster image and the bit about the track logos and De Stijl. I don't think the info about the Peter Murphy "Hurt" art is really worth adding.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Found a source for the sample from the 1990 live version of Suck: "I must stress the importance of total, I repeat, total sexual abstinence"

A magnificent flick from 1973 called Invasion Of The Bee Girls

Jump to 21:08 for the sample.
    Last edited by fillow; 02-22-2022 at 08:39 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Do folks think it worth including info from Rob’s Twitter account that he posted today about the alternative cover art proposed for the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD BYIT release?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Do folks think it worth including info from Rob’s Twitter account that he posted today about the alternative cover art proposed for the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD BYIT release?
    Thanks for the heads up. I've added a sentence about it to the page. Wasn't sure if we really need the image, but I'll add it if other folks think I should.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    That blue would have looked so much better, but then it would be making the original cover lose its identity kind of. I like it but can see why they didn’t approve it.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    They probably nixed it because of production costs. The idea is cool, though... reminds me of that one Blu-ray version of Blue Velvet that came out some years ago.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I think include it, for sure. To keep the wiki as comprehensive as possible (within reason, of course).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It's interesting that he proposed a blue alternate design of the red cover because I always preferred the poster design that mimicked the With Teeth cover and that was an early design for the cover of BYIT. I love that poster and think it would have made a better cover, it really establishes visually that it's a companion piece to that album. Makes me wonder what the cover of Tension would have looked like, had that actually gotten a physical release, as was originally planned...

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I think include it, for sure. To keep the wiki as comprehensive as possible (within reason, of course).
    It's been added.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    It's interesting that he proposed a blue alternate design of the red cover because I always preferred the poster design that mimicked the With Teeth cover and that was an early design for the cover of BYIT. I love that poster and think it would have made a better cover, it really establishes visually that it's a companion piece to that album. Makes me wonder what the cover of Tension would have looked like, had that actually gotten a physical release, as was originally planned...
    I also prefer the original BYIT cover. And I bet the Tension film cover would have been a Russell Mills piece.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    It's been added.

I also prefer the original BYIT cover. And I bet the Tension film cover would have been a Russell Mills piece.
    I'm sure you're right, just as Closure used his artwork to tie it to TDS.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I still don’t get why the Tension release didn’t ever come to fruition.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Someone needs to ask Trent someday. It would be nice to at least get an answer on that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Perhaps Rob had already parted ways when that project would have been starting. Not that Kraw couldn't cover it, but given Rob's involvement with the tour production it would be fitting that he'd handle the project. We saw a similar nod during WT vinyl pressing where Rob consulted on the packaging.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Someone needs to ask Trent someday. It would be nice to at least get an answer on that.
    I think part of the answer to this can be heard here. Skip to 1:06:58. Trent says they were reviewing footage from Wave Goodbye and he basically can't stand re-watching his performances. Perhaps that's one of the reasons live releases keep getting shot down again and again. Before seeing this, I remember reading a similar quote but referring to old (Fragility era) footage and assumed he didn't like looking at himself high on drugs and/or booze. This WG answer surprised me.

Last edited by fillow; 03-02-2022 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I think part of the answer to this can be heard here. Skip to 1:06:58. Trent says they were reviewing footage from Wave Goodbye and he basically can't stand re-watching his performances. Perhaps that's one of the reasons live releases keep getting shot down again and again.
    Sure, BUT the Tension blu-ray was formally announced. It was edited. They released a trailer for it. Then they released an hour and 17 minutes (14 songs, so probably half of it) on Vevo/YouTube. They DID the work. It's probably 100% done and sitting on a shelf or hard drive somewhere because the label didn't think it would sell enough to make a good ROI. Maybe Trent wanted to make a cool elaborate package for it and they wanted to cut costs and put out something more standard and bare-bones and rather than compromising, Trent just shelved it. I feel like there MUST an actual reason it was never released or even acknowledged after that trailer dropped.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Speaking of Tension, should we have a page (or at least a mention on the page for the tour) for the Tension blu-ray/home video release? Unless there is one and I just can't find it? Maybe we could have a page for all of the shelved projects that never came to fruition? The Zear Zero TV Series, the Zach de la Rocha solo album, the third 12 Rounds album that Trent produced, the scrapped conclusion to the trilogy that they worked on between Add Violence and Bad Witch, Tapeworm, the various music videos (original versions of March of the Pigs and Hurt, the funeral version of The Day the World Went Away, Every Day is Exactly the Same, Everything), etc.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Speaking of Tension, should we have a page (or at least a mention on the page for the tour) for the Tension blu-ray/home video release? Unless there is one and I just can't find it? Maybe we could have a page for all of the shelved projects that never came to fruition? The Zear Zero TV Series, the Zach de la Rocha solo album, the third 12 Rounds album that Trent produced, the scrapped conclusion to the trilogy that they worked on between Add Violence and Bad Witch, Tapeworm, the various music videos (original versions of March of the Pigs and Hurt, the funeral version of The Day the World Went Away, Every Day is Exactly the Same, Everything), etc.
    I made a mention of the film on the HM page, because I got into the habit of mentioning home video releases in the touring sections on each album page. I also have a paragraph about it on the page for the Staples Center show that was filmed. The idea for a list of unreleased projects is a good one and I'll make a note of it.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    The idea for a list of unreleased projects is a good one and I'll make a note of it.
    That sounded familiar, and it turns out I already had that idea, ha, so here's a good starting place for it:

https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/showthread.php?p=471622

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    That sounded familiar, and it turns out I already had that idea, ha, so here's a good starting place for it:

https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/showthread.php?p=471622
    Yes, I thought it sounded familiar as well! I forgot to make a note of it back then.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Something that came to mind recently; Trent’s connection to Crunch-Ø-Matic? He went ahead and provided “Additional data” for their LP, but band member Eric Zimmermann previously directed the music videos for ‘Down In It’ and ‘Head Like a Hole’, too…
    Last edited by muad'nin; 03-04-2022 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I noticed that the link to the TR/AR Bandcamp page on the individual Mank tracks is incorrect -

https://trentreznor-atticusross.band...ore-with-exras

The word ‘extras’ is missing the ‘t’. Sorry, as there are tens of tracks on that soundtrack that would need fixing…

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    ‘How It Could Have Been’ from “Mank” is also seemingly missing its own page (the track appears in two versions on the release).

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I noticed that the link to the TR/AR Bandcamp page on the individual Mank tracks is incorrect -

https://trentreznor-atticusross.band...ore-with-exras

The word ‘extras’ is missing the ‘t’. Sorry, as there are tens of tracks on that soundtrack that would need fixing…
    Thanks for telling me. Those are all fixed now.

‘How It Could Have Been’ from “Mank” is also seemingly missing its own page (the track appears in two versions on the release).
    I missed this somehow, but I'm not sure exactly how I should deal with it. I know I should put tracks on the same page, like the other Mank tracks that have variations, but I guess I should title the page as just How It Could Have Been and then put the v1 and v2 within the article? This is kind of a goofy one.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I guess I should title the page as just How It Could Have Been and then put the v1 and v2 within the article?
    Yes, my vote for this.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Yes, my vote for this.
    Seconded.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Ok, I've made the page. Thanks for the input, folks. Hopefully the way I worded it isn't too confusing. I've made too many edits today and my brain is a bit scrambled for sure. LOL.

Something that came to mind recently; Trent’s connection to Crunch-Ø-Matic? He went ahead and provided “Additional data” for their LP, but band member Eric Zimmermann previously directed the music videos for ‘Down In It’ and ‘Head Like a Hole’, too…
    I listened to their album last night, and it sounds like perhaps Trent gave them some drum samples. I heard a kick drum that sounds like the one from "Head Like A Hole", and I think I heard another drum sample that sounded like it might be from "Down In It". Interesting.
    Last edited by piggy; 03-04-2022 at 06:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, I've made the page. Thanks for the input, folks. Hopefully the way I worded it isn't too confusing. I've made too many edits today and my brain is a bit scrambled for sure. LOL.

I listened to their album last night, and it sounds like perhaps Trent gave them some drum samples. I heard a kick drum that sounds like the one from "Head Like A Hole", and I think I heard another drum sample that sounded like it might be from "Down In It". Interesting.
    Leviathant remarked on this during a AMA-style thread with Charlie Clouser via Gearspace - https://gearspace.com/board/showpost...&postcount=932