Thread: The Netflix Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I really felt like the quality of Sopranos went down alot when it ever increasingly impressed with itself, which I felt happened in seasons 5 & 6. As it attempted to get more introspective, artsy, whatever u want to call it and focus ALOT less on the main plot, I started getting really annoyed with the show. At the timeI felt like those attempts were just Chase ripping off Six Feet Under in some respects. I didn't part. go to Sopranos for that stuff. I liked the main story arcs and wanted to see where they would go....didn't care so much for Tony's hour long dream where he's a fucking salesman or fish are talking to him on the boardwalk. The extended breaks between seasons seemed kinda disrespectful as well. So of course I hated the finale too haha. I should probably re-watch the series now and see how I feel about those last 2/2.5 seasons.
    I understand what you are saying. To be honest, I kind of felt that way, but after we finished it yesterday, I read a lot about the ending online. There is like a dissertation someone wrote which includes a breakdown of the last episode/last scene, and point out a TON of symbolism and foreshadowing throughout the last two seasons that I probably saw but didnt really PICK UP ON until reading this. It really gave me a huge appreciation for the series, specifically the last two seasons. Some of the revelations that people spoke about in the comments on this particular site were just jaw dropping. I'm totally convinced everything that was touched on in this site regarding certain details and scenes and symbols was meticulously planned by the writer/producers in the series. Hats off to whomever wrote it, and the series itself.

Here is a link, in case you would like to go down the rabbit hole.... https://masterofsopranos.wordpress.c...on-of-the-end/
    Last edited by ItsChrisRoss; 04-12-2019 at 12:18 PM.