Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1325

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm going to watch Wednesday now that i finally have this handy dandy information.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Netflix cancelled 1899 after one season. Dammit.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    e

Those damn mofos. This is why I hesitate before getting into a new series; I get all invested and then BAM! It's gone.

Currently watching The Umbrella Academy. Five, that grumpy, sarcastic little shit, is the son I've always wanted but never had.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We watched "The Good Place" over the holiday break and holy forking shirtballs. The show is good at what its premise supposes but is great when it comes to the overarching story, the way they were able to bring things that were in an episode in say season 2 back into season 4.

And that ending episode. Man. As soon as Jason got that look on his face I started to tear up because I knew what he was thinking. and then I saw the length of the episode and I just knew it was going to be a roller coaster of emotions. damn but it was a lot.
    Picture a wave. In the ocean. You can see it, measure it, its height, the way the sunlight refracts when it passes through. And it's there. And you can see it, you know what it is. It's a wave.

And then it crashes in the shore and it's gone. But the water is still there. The wave was just a different way for the water to be, for a little while. You know it's one conception of death for Buddhists: the wave returns to the ocean, where it came from and where it's supposed to be.

The show was a lot but it was also cathartic. the scene where Eleanor is upset at her mom, for example?

just really hit home with me.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Not even a season, considering it was released just over a month ago. I mean, Nov 17 to now is only 48 days so that's a month and a little over a fortnight.

Makes me wonder if that story about the huge bonuses they're paying out have anything to do with these weird cancellations? Can't be though, that's just not possible.

/s

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    We watched "The Good Place" over the holiday break and holy forking shirtballs. The show is good at what its premise supposes but is great when it comes to the overarching story, the way they were able to bring things that were in an episode in say season 2 back into season 4.

And that ending episode. Man. As soon as Jason got that look on his face I started to tear up because I knew what he was thinking. and then I saw the length of the episode and I just knew it was going to be a roller coaster of emotions. damn but it was a lot.

The show was a lot but it was also cathartic. the scene where Eleanor is upset at her mom, for example?

just really hit home with me.
    I've watched this 3 times now with my girl, and it keeps getting better and sad at the same time. The ending was absolutely perfect, and the show ended exactly where it should have, season wise. The Chidi quote is probably my favorite thing, ever, along with him being my favorite character of the bunch (Incredibly hard to choose) just hit so close to home with me as well. The messages in this show are so relatable, and DAMN... some of the best writing I've ever witnessed for a TV show.

The Good Place is criminally underrated; so many people I know never even heard of it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah, The Good Place is now one of my favorite shows ever. We've watched it 4 times, it's just so damn good. It's what happens when the creators/writers start with a plan and stick to it. They could've dragged it out for more seasons but ended it perfectly.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This was really good.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finished watching "That '90s Show"... it was... not great.
    The biggest issue to me was that they seemed to cram 22 episodes worth of material into 10... so, it feels rushed.
    ...and then sometimes Donna looked like she was there because Kitty and Red (Executive Producers) have some of her Scientology auditing tapes as blackmail material...
    Interesting that she also directed some of the episodes.
    The actor playing Kelso and Jackie's son was a really close likeness to Kutcher.
    The 90210 episode was fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Finished watching "That '90s Show"... it was... not great.
    The biggest issue to me was that they seemed to cram 22 episodes worth of material into 10... so, it feels rushed.
    ...and then sometimes Donna looked like she was there because Kitty and Red (Executive Producers) have some of her Scientology auditing tapes as blackmail material...
    Interesting that she also directed some of the episodes.
    The actor playing Kelso and Jackie's son was a really close likeness to Kutcher.
    The 90210 episode was fun.
    These are fair takes. Nostalgia goes a long way with this crew, and the cameos are fun without taking over the plot lines. I still believe the original to have been fresh, but this reboot just goes to show that even a good formula is just that...a formula. The writing and production are very true to the 70s, so fans of that series should be amused.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    https://techcrunch.com/2023/02/01/ne...ide-household/

Netflix is now detailing how it aims to maintain password sharing within a household while cracking down on outside usage. The company aims to curtail account sharing this year by asking people to pay extra money to use the streaming service outside the household for extended periods of time.The streaming giant has shared terms detailing how it plans to control the experience within a household. It has updated its FAQ pages for countries where it is already testing extra membership fees for account sharing — Chile, Costa Rica and Peru.
    These new terms ask people to define a primary location through their TV. All the accounts and devices should be connected to the same Wi-Fi as the TV.

“A primary location is set by a TV that is signed into your account and is connected to your Wi-Fi network. All other devices signed into your account on that Wi-Fi network will be associated with your primary location and will be able to use Netflix,” it says.
    If a user doesn’t set a primary location or doesn’t have a TV, Netflix will automatically set a primary location based on IP address, device IDs and activity.
    After that, people living in this home who want to use Netflix on their own device have to launch the app at home at least once every 31 days.
    “To ensure that your devices are associated with your primary location, connect to the Wi-Fi at your primary location, open the Netflix app or website, and watch something at least once every 31 days,” the company says on its support page.
    But what if you grabbed an iPad before leaving the house for a long train ride but you rarely use this iPad at home? Chances are the device won’t be associated with your household when you try to watch something on the go. In that case, you can ask the main account holder to verify the device for you. The account holder will receive a code that they can relay to the person who is traveling. If the verification is successful the traveling member can watch Netflix for seven more days without any additional prompt.

It’s unclear if you can request temporary codes several times in a row. For instance, some students would rather request a code from their parents every week instead of paying for Netflix. These conditions also prevent folks from using Netflix through VPN connections for a long period of time.
    The streaming company has made a ton of efforts to get more paying users on its platform. In Novemeber, it launched a cheaper $6.99 ad-supported monthly plan in the U.S., the U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Japan, Korea and Brazil. Meanwhile, it has also launched tools to kick devices off a subscription and transfer a profile from one membership to another to stop account sharing.
    All these efforts have brought in more subscribers to the service. During its recent Q4 2022 quarterly results, the company said it added 7.7 million subscribers — much higher than the anticipated 4.5 million additions.
    Netflix will go through a product overhaul under the new co-CEO Greg Peters (formerly COO) after founder Reed Hastings stepped down from the post last month. At the same time, the company said that it will crack down on password sharing “more broadly” in the coming months. Extra member fees will likely come to more countries soon.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Fucking bullshit

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    my wife & I finally started Squid Game. Goddamn. Ruthless first episode.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Who’s gonna watch Chris Rock tonight?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Omg, I'm screaming! lmao <3

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Who’s gonna watch Chris Rock tonight?
    Wwhile it def improved as it went on & I def. laughed hard at several parts of it, overall I was disappointed in this special. The first 10-15 minutes were BAD. All these guys just can't help themselves with the woke/cancel culture/trans shit can they? Chris' takes was decidedly less neanderthal than Chappelle, but I still rolled my eyes that another older comic was YET AGAIN going to do bits on this stuff. Move on already. Shit is boring, even if you're not being hateful about this stuff like Chappelle is now.

After that, it got funnier for sure. Plenty of good bits & stories. But then the bit about if his dad was trans was just so...lazy. This is very well treaded territory. Do something else.

Rock's outfit was kinda ridiculous for a man in his mid 50's. Like, who dressed you my dude? He looked like a crumpled up paper towel.

And then when he finally gets to the Will Smith stuff....i dunno. It was funny, but the vitroil & repetition with which he went after Jada seemed...misplaced. He kept calling her names. That wasn't very clever. There were other things he said about the incident that were very funny though. And the way he ended the show was kinda surprising too. Like...oh, that's it? We're done? That's the final word you have on this topic? Ok, sure I guess.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Watched “A Man Called Otto” starring Tom Hanks last night. Great acting and characters. Warning: This movie will make you cry! I was tearing up like every 10 minutes, lol. It’s both funny and sad.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I read the book and cried so many times. Watched the Swedish movie and cried so many times. I was so very excited when it was announced that Tom Hanks was going to make an American version, I can't wait to find time to watch it and cry so many times.
    In September 2017, it was announced that Tom Hanks would star in an English-language adaptation of the 2015 Swedish film, A Man Called Ove
    also holy shit that was so many years ago.
    As of 2023, the film is the third most watched Swedish theatrical film in Sweden of all time.
    Wow, and got nominated for an Academy Award for Best Foreign Language film.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I read the book and cried so many times. Watched the Swedish movie and cried so many times. I was so very excited when it was announced that Tom Hanks was going to make an American version, I can't wait to find time to watch it and cry so many times.
    also holy shit that was so many years ago.
    Wow, and got nominated for an Academy Award for Best Foreign Language film.
    This is out...I loved it. Both the book & the movie were great.

They changed some things for the movie, but it was fine. A bit sweeter than it needed to be, but still fine.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

That looks great.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    This is out...I loved it. Both the book & the movie were great.

They changed some things for the movie, but it was fine. A bit sweeter than it needed to be, but still fine.
    Well I'll have to watch this now!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @Kodiak33 Get your tissues ready!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New Black Mirror! On episode 1, Joan isn't really that awful. Also, it's meta as fuck, given "Kevin Can Fuck Himself."

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Watched that "Muscles & Mayhem: The Unauthorized Story of American Gladiators" series... I didn't watch much of the show growing up but it was familiar enough that I was curious.
    Compelling, in its own way.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I kind of hate that wrestling became more popular than American Gladiators. I was far more entertained watching regular people try to go up against meatheads instead of watching two meatheads tumble around.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I am SO ready for this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Mike Flanagan's final Netflix Series 'Fall of The House of Usher' drops October 12. Article with pics here.