Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
Don't just try. Dooooo it. It's only a week.

Dude, you got lots of great advice here. I hope it works out for you.
Thanks. The counselor suggested that we also go on a date once a week to get reconnected. I wanted to try a quick lunch or something before she goes down to her hometown in South Carolina for the weekend. Every time I ask if she wants to go do something just casual and talk about other things, she has some kind of excuse. Also, it's really bothering me that I seem to be the only one who cares or is trying and she just seems like it's killing her to be around me. While waiting in the waiting room, I told her that we're going to be asked why we're here and it's to fix this, right? She said that we are trying to work something out. She still won't say for certain if she's ready to call it quits or not. The counselor asked if she filed for divorce already and she just said "not yet." She won't even say "I love you" back when I say it now. I love her and don't want to lose her but I can only take this uncertainty for so long. I know I'm the one who fucked up but I think I deserve a little more than what I'm getting right now from her. She didn't even give me hints that things were getting bad enough for her to want to leave and that she was going to leave last week. We're married adults not some high school couple. I don't know, maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way.