Thread: How fucked was your day?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Our youngest threw us a curve ball on Monday. I dropped her off at school, and about two miles down the road I immediately got a call to come back. She had a seizure, fell out of her wheelchair and hit her head on the tile (apparently she sneakily unbuckled herself from her chair at one point) then continued to seize for quite a while until I got back to the school. Paramedics came and took us to the local ER, who then transferred us to St Louis Children's hospital where the whole family has remained since.

She's okay, no fractures or anything from the fall. It's normal for her to have seizures, but they've been getting more frequent and it's unusual for her to have them go this long. She didn't break anything, thankfully. But man, it's MISERABLE to be stuck in a shared hospital room with a pissed-off kid while she gets her seizure meds changed and we do the whole MRI/CT/EEG dance for the tenth time this year.

We should be able to leave by Sunday, assuming the medication transition goes okay. I know I'm friends with some of ya'll on social media, we haven't said anything on there about this because we have some family members who make everything that happens with Katherine ten times more stressful than it needs to be.

So i'll just gripe about expensive, nasty hospital food and stress out over our kid here instead. :P

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Our youngest threw us a curve ball on Monday. I dropped her off at school, and about two miles down the road I immediately got a call to come back. She had a seizure, fell out of her wheelchair and hit her head on the tile (apparently she sneakily unbuckled herself from her chair at one point) then continued to seize for quite a while until I got back to the school. Paramedics came and took us to the local ER, who then transferred us to St Louis Children's hospital where the whole family has remained since.

She's okay, no fractures or anything from the fall. It's normal for her to have seizures, but they've been getting more frequent and it's unusual for her to have them go this long. She didn't break anything, thankfully. But man, it's MISERABLE to be stuck in a shared hospital room with a pissed-off kid while she gets her seizure meds changed and we do the whole MRI/CT/EEG dance for the tenth time this year.

We should be able to leave by Sunday, assuming the medication transition goes okay. I know I'm friends with some of ya'll on social media, we haven't said anything on there about this because we have some family members who make everything that happens with Katherine ten times more stressful than it needs to be.

So i'll just gripe about expensive, nasty hospital food and stress out over our kid here instead. :P
    I hope the docs are able to do something for you & your family. Take care.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I hope the docs are able to do something for you & your family. Take care.
    Thank you. We are home now and she seems to be taking well to the new meds.