Thread: How fucked was your day?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Some of you might have noticed i wasn't around much the last week, that's due to my grandad having had to go back into hospital again...and unfortunately this time he didn't make it out. At 11:15 this morning he passed away with all of his family at his bedside, it was all pretty horrific honestly. He went from being able to hold a conversation with me about football on monday, to just becoming skin and bone, unable to even move or acknowledge we were even there by this morning. We had all realized this was most likely the end, but it's still really fucking difficult to process!
    To make the situation just that little more fucked, he ended up dying in not only the same hospital, but same ward as my aunt less then 6 months ago (which my uncle was still devastated about) and will be the same hospital my little sister will be going to for her last scan on her 3rd kid...so we're all going to be back there when she drops this week.

This is going to take some time to process honestly...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Some of you might have noticed i wasn't around much the last week, that's due to my grandad having had to go back into hospital again...and unfortunately this time he didn't make it out. At 11:15 this morning he passed away with all of his family at his bedside, it was all pretty horrific honestly. He went from being able to hold a conversation with me about football on monday, to just becoming skin and bone, unable to even move or acknowledge we were even there by this morning. We had all realized this was most likely the end, but it's still really fucking difficult to process!
    To make the situation just that little more fucked, he ended up dying in not only the same hospital, but same ward as my aunt less then 6 months ago (which my uncle was still devastated about) and will be the same hospital my little sister will be going to for her last scan on her 3rd kid...so we're all going to be back there when she drops this week.

This is going to take some time to process honestly...
    big hugs, friend. hope your family is able to heal and celebrate his life. <3