Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2050

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Now I’m in the hospital waiting for the morphine drip
    Good on you for taking care of yourself and getting to the hospital. i’m thinking of you today.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I rolled off my bed for the first time in easily 20 years this morning, and nailed the small side table. I have a lovely cut above my lip right now, and it's the worst place imaginable for it. I have to literally fish lips to keep it sealed up, because they wouldn't do a thing for it at emergency.

So I have uber-vaselined lips, and am debating how to take the mind off it...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yesterday I got in a car accident. My fiance and I are okay, thankfully (we are just banged up) and it wasn’t my fault.

The idiot who caused the accident got to drive off at the end—She failed to see the person in front of her braking and turning (what do you want to bet she was looking at her fucking phone?) so she veered over right into us (side swiping the driver’s side; me) which then caused the girl behind the idiot to rear end said moron. My car is fucked but not sure how badly. The girl who rear ended the moron’s car looked totaled. I don’t like dealing with police but at least they were able to figure out what happened quickly.

I’ve been in accidents before but this one seems to have left some trauma. I’ve been really angry and depressed in a way I haven’t experienced in a long time. Today has been very hard. And this is a minor piece of it, sorry in advance, but my insurance got me a rental car and they gave me an enormous jeep. I don’t like driving big cars. I’ve always been a Toyota Camry or Corolla or Honda Civic guy. And having just been in an accident, I am extra anxious in a big car I’m not used to. I asked for a smaller car and was told no.

Maybe it’s more traumatic because I wasn’t alone and my fiance was at risk? Maybe it’s just been a rough year so far. I was sick with 3 different things last month. I don’t know.
    Last edited by Swykk; 04-13-2024 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I went for a colonoscopy and endoscopy yesterday. While I was under, the worst tragedy in my state’s history happened since 2011. The story is still unfolding, but the infant that was stabbed was taken to the hospital I was at right as it was happening:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...13-p5fjlp.html
    Last edited by Erneuert; 04-14-2024 at 12:51 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I went for a colonoscopy and endoscopy yesterday. While I was under, the worst tragedy in my state’s history happened since 2011. The story is still unfolding, but the infant that was stabbed was taken to the hospital I was at right as it was happening:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...13-p5fjlp.html
    Terrible news. I hope your tests turn out well.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @Swykk Glad you and your fiance are okay! That totally sucks! Just try to take it easy. When I got into an accident, I didn't feel like driving for the next couple of days. It's a normal feeling.
    @Erneuert So terrible! Hope your test results come back alright!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Yesterday I got in a car accident. My fiance and I are okay, thankfully (we are just banged up) and it wasn’t my fault.

The idiot who caused the accident got to drive off at the end—She failed to see the person in front of her braking and turning (what do you want to bet she was looking at her fucking phone?) so she veered over right into us (side swiping the driver’s side; me) which then caused the girl behind the idiot to rear end said moron. My car is fucked but not sure how badly. The girl who rear ended the moron’s car looked totaled. I don’t like dealing with police but at least they were able to figure out what happened quickly.

I’ve been in accidents before but this one seems to have left some trauma. I’ve been really angry and depressed in a way I haven’t experienced in a long time. Today has been very hard. And this is a minor piece of it, sorry in advance, but my insurance got me a rental car and they gave me an enormous jeep. I don’t like driving big cars. I’ve always been a Toyota Camry or Corolla or Honda Civic guy. And having just been in an accident, I am extra anxious in a big car I’m not used to. I asked for a smaller car and was told no.

Maybe it’s more traumatic because I wasn’t alone and my fiance was at risk? Maybe it’s just been a rough year so far. I was sick with 3 different things last month. I don’t know.
    Hope all is well. Sorry missed this earlier.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    We live in rural Tennessee while my wife does vet school out here. They don’t have a teaching hospital so she’s gonna start bouncing around the country doing her clinicals for the next year soon. Decided to just stay here where it’s cheap for the year while she’s gone. My landlord (who has been very good to us for the most part even though he’s kind of just a weird old republican white man) and I agreed to this a couple months ago and he said he’d draw up a new lease for me. Well he just now gives me a call saying he’s gonna give the house to his daughter in early July so I need to be out by then. He said if one of his one bed rooms opens up I’ll be first in line for it, but I honestly don’t even fucking care and do not want him as my landlord ever again. FUCK I am irritated

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Well he just now gives me a call saying he’s gonna give the house to his daughter in early July so I need to be out by then.
    Man, that sucks so much. Had that happen a few too many times in my life.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It’s so fucking infuriating. I’m stuck between just finding a place to stay here or just saying fuck it and joining my wife on her clinical rotations. Idk how I’d be able to make the nomad life work for 10 months though