Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2050

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    the last ten days or so have been some of the most insane, traumatizing bullshit ever. I am so freaked out I can't even get into it, but maybe some day I'll write a screenplay about this. Holy shit. It's like the universe is trying to "teach me a lesson" or something, but all it's saying is "squeal like a piggy."

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Oof, hang in there.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I slipped on some ice on our porch stairs the other day. I have a nice big purple bruise on my ass now.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I slipped on some ice on our porch stairs the other day. I have a nice big purple bruise on my ass now.
    LOL. I had what felt like another kidney stone coming on a few days ago. After two hours the pain went away, then yesterday I stood up too fast and smashed my back really hard on the cement corner of the kitchen bench top. It hurts any time I bend. So basically hit it right in the part where the kidney stone pain was coming from.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I had a hearing today, in front of the landlord-tenant board, that I filed nearly a year ago against a previous landlord.

The landlords legal representative claimed to have not been provided notice that I filed a case. I indicated that I had sent it by email, and received a response to that email. The adjudicator went to investigate the files, the legal rep had even responded to the board directly, and he found the email where she had responded.

After the hearing, she sent me another threatening email, accusing me of clogging up the legal system, indicating that she would be seeking costs for the hearing as well as suggesting to another party that they should come after me for the same.

I can't wait until this is over, because my former landlords paralegal is clearly losing touch with reality.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    the last ten days or so have been some of the most insane, traumatizing bullshit ever. I am so freaked out I can't even get into it, but maybe some day I'll write a screenplay about this. Holy shit. It's like the universe is trying to "teach me a lesson" or something, but all it's saying is "squeal like a piggy."
    thinking of you. i’ll help with the screenplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    My dad had a fucking heart attack. We don't know how bad yet.

We've had our ups and downs, as I've sure I've mentioned here, but I was JUST MAKING PLANS to.go visit him down near San Angelo, where he lives, like in the past 48 hours. I've only seen him a few times in the past 15 years or so.

I love him very fucking much. I'm not ready to lose him.

He's a biker and a rock musician and lives that life. He does shit his way and always has.

But that shit catches up with you. He's 65, I think, going on 66?

Please send good juju.

Edit: his blood pressure is going up again. :/
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-20-2022 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    My dad had a fucking heart attack. We don't know how bad yet.

We've had our ups and downs, as I've sure I've mentioned here, but I was JUST MAKING PLANS to.go visit him down near San Angelo, where he lives, like in the past 48 hours. I've only seen him a few times in the past 15 years or so.

I love him very fucking much. I'm not ready to lose him.

He's a biker and a rock musician and lives that life. He does shit his way and always has.

But that shit catches up with you. He's 65, I think, going on 66?

Please send good juju.

Edit: his blood pressure is going up again. :/
    Prayers up @elevenism

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Prayers up @elevenism
    Thanks man. I'm really, REALLY scared.

I'm not ready for this.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Positive vibes your way comrade.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    We're never ready to see a parent go, @elevenism

Prayers for your father and for your family.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    sending healing energy to your dad, @elevenism .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    As i told you on Facebook @elevenism good vibes from afar! Que se mejore pronto! Mucha salud!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Hoping your dad recovers, man. Best wishes to you and yours.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Thank y'all so much. He is alive so.far!

I REALLY thought this was it

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Thank y'all so much. He is alive so.far!

I REALLY thought this was it
    Was just getting ready to email you. Good news. You know I had a freak attack last spring & was in the hospital 5 days. Happily it's not a problem now (knock on wood!) in of itself. More than making up for it in other areas haha. Hang in there, man.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    (let me preface this by saying that subuxone withdrawals are worse than heroin, or even fentanyl withdrawals).

I'm in some serious trouble.

I just got a message from my online suboxone (opiate maintenance) clinic that says

"good afternoon! We are no longer providing suboxone! Good luck! Thanks!"

I'm going to Denver on the eighth, and my meds are due on the seventh. The closest clinic I know of is in Kansas, and I'm not even sure if they're still there.

Suboxone is a GREAT therapy for opiates/opioids, AND alcohol, and I've been on a SHITLOAD of it for like...three years?

It said something about allowing a week for outstanding appointments (mine was on the sixth, NEXT WEEK) but NOW, the middleman who hooked me up with this service won't answer his fucking phone.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    (let me preface this by saying that subuxone withdrawals are worse than heroin, or even fentanyl withdrawals).

I'm in some serious trouble.

I just got a message from my online suboxone (opiate maintenance) clinic that says

"good afternoon! We are no longer providing suboxone! Good luck! Thanks!"

I'm going to Denver on the eighth, and my meds are due on the seventh. The closest clinic I know of is in Kansas, and I'm not even sure if they're still there.

Suboxone is a GREAT therapy for opiates/opioids, AND alcohol, and I've been on a SHITLOAD of it for like...three years?

It said something about allowing a week for outstanding appointments (mine was on the sixth, NEXT WEEK) but NOW, the middleman who hooked me up with this service won't answer his fucking phone.
    Have you talked to your rheumatologist? Maybe he can get you some help. Don't hurt yourself please! It's weird how the lesser opiate shit has worse withdrawals than the big boys. When they changed my pain meds around after 10+ years I didn't have much problem with the morphine but Vicodin totally kicked my ass for almost 2 weeks. I didn't even want to be alive. On a good note, I have had no desire to take Vicodin or morphine since I kicked them. Of course I'm taking plenty of a new to me med but it's very different.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Been dealing with what I believe to be a couple health related issues for the past 3 weeks or so which has sucked due to not knowing and I probably won’t know for sure until early next month but I got like 3 hours of sleep, woke up with some scary chest pain and numbness in my arms (but as I’ve mentioned before I have neuropathy so I never know for sure if it’s just that) so I went to the ER.

All emergency labs were normal. So back to waiting. I’m tired, anxious, and you guessed it, grouchy. And dreading this bill to come.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Been dealing with what I believe to be a couple health related issues for the past 3 weeks or so which has sucked due to not knowing and I probably won’t know for sure until early next month but I got like 3 hours of sleep, woke up with some scary chest pain and numbness in my arms (but as I’ve mentioned before I have neuropathy so I never know for sure if it’s just that) so I went to the ER.

All emergency labs were normal. So back to waiting. I’m tired, anxious, and you guessed it, grouchy. And dreading this bill to come.
    feel better. neuropathy sucks.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So I've contracted Covid after managing to avoid it up to now. Won't be able to see my Dad in the care home on what is likely to be his last Father's Day this Sunday. So painful!.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    So I've contracted Covid after managing to avoid it up to now. Won't be able to see my Dad in the care home on what is likely to be his last Father's Day this Sunday. So painful!.
    I hope you are feeling better soon. I finally tested negative yesterday but it was a brutal 1.5 weeks. There were a few times I thought about calling an ambulance but gutted it out. Wasn't pleasant though.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    So sorry about that Can you FaceTime him or something?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    So sorry about that Can you FaceTime him or something?
    Not really as he is on dementia unit. Spoke to his nurse who said he had a good day and was calm and relaxed and they would let him know I phoned and will see him when I can.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I have to have an endoscopy, end of July.

I’ve had two colonoscopies. Recently, the PA at my ENT tried to jam a camera tube through my nose (after a bit of numbing spray that hadn’t even kicked in, yet) and I was like NOOOOOO this is not happening.

I thought the endoscopy would be a breeze, I’d be out on drugs.

But now I’m seeing that you are partly awake and asked to SWALLOW THE TUBE?!?!?

@Erneuert - You had this test, right? Is it that bad? Honestly?
    Last edited by allegro; 06-28-2022 at 01:37 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

I’ve had two colonoscopies. Recently, the PA at my ENT tried to jam a camera tube through my nose (after a bit of numbing spray that hadn’t even kicked in, yet) and I was like NOOOOOO this is not happening.

@Erneurt - You had this test, right? Is it that bad? Honestly?
    I had a couple of different versions. The first traditional one they knocked me out & did the colonoscopy at the same time. The second one, they had me swallow a capsule with a miniature camera & wear a device that tracked it's progress for 6 hours. For me the colonoscopy prep was the worst part. I couldn't tolerate the usual prep & did pills instead which were really expensive. Unpleasant is an understatement. Hope all goes well.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

@Erneuert - You had this test, right? Is it that bad? Honestly?
    I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy at the same time around July last year. I just bit down on some thing, curled my body to the side, was injected with a light anaesthetic and didn’t remember any of it. Not bad at all. The worst part, as most people will tell you, is the preparation for it. Once you’re out, you’re out.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I had a couple of different versions. The first traditional one they knocked me out & did the colonoscopy at the same time. The second one, they had me swallow a capsule with a miniature camera & wear a device that tracked it's progress for 6 hours. For me the colonoscopy prep was the worst part. I couldn't tolerate the usual prep & did pills instead which were really expensive. Unpleasant is an understatement. Hope all goes well.
    lol, I tricked myself into liking the taste of the Picoprep and downed it all. Reminded me of an extra sour Solo.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’ve done colonoscopy prep twice (natch). The pooping forever, for me, wasn’t the worst part. I hated the 36 hours of near-starvation, then guzzling that awful cherry-flavored liquid. Like TWO FUCKING GALLONS for HOURS.

Last time (a year ago?), I didn’t even finish it. I knew I’d puke, so I said enough is enough lol.

So you guys don’t remember having to SWALLOW A GIANT TUBE???

Thanks for your advice.

I was kinda hoping I’d get some dope in an IV, go to sleep, then wake up and get some apple juice.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-28-2022 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I’ve done colonoscopy prep twice (natch). The pooping forever, for me, wasn’t the worst part. I hated the 36 hours of near-starvation, then guzzling that awful cherry-flavored liquid. Like TWO FUCKING GALLONS for HOURS.

Last time (a year ago?), I didn’t even finish it. I knew I’d puke, so I said enough is enough lol.

So you guys don’t remember having to SWALLOW A GIANT TUBE???

Thanks for your advice.

I was kinda hoping I’d get some dope in an IV, go to sleep, then wake up and get some apple juice.
    Definitely not. You aren’t supposed to remember any of it.