Quote Originally Posted by bRoot View Post
Better record deals, collaborations with people that may or may not sing better on drugs.

Johnny Depp.

He get closer to issues that involve more than just himself, pretty wise and intellectual if you get past the whole makeup thing.

MM on Gave Up was def some high point for me.

until he burnt the wing.

really, gave up is an anti-smoking psa.
I mean, TR has done collaborations with good people as well; Josh Homme, Dave Grohl, Robbie Robertson, Ian Astbury, Dave Navarro, Saul Williams, etc. On top of that, he's become one of the most sought after composers in the film industry, winning awards and being featured on best of lists. He's also been a creative director at two tech companies for music streaming services, which probably doesn't pay too bad.

He gets featured in headlining articles in most music media just about every time he does anything, even when the thing is just a quote about another topic. The guy's maintained a level of relevancy throughout the years that's pretty impressive, especially considering the style of music he makes. Manson, on the other hand, really only pops up when he does something like get drunk at a show or behaves erratically in an interview. Don't get me wrong, I like Manson's music, but I just don't see how his career choices have been notable in any way at all.

And also, Manson didn't actually collaborate on Gave Up, he was just featured in the video pretending to play guitar.