Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    When I go onto a Nine Inch Nails forum full of 30+ year olds I really wonder what they all think about race and thankfully this thread satisfies

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    When I go onto a Nine Inch Nails forum full of 30+ year olds I really wonder what they all think about race and thankfully this thread satisfies
    Exceptional grasp and understanding displayed! FIVE dictionary definitions linked with no analysis whatsoever!! If you didn't agree with me reading the first one, read the second one, maybe the third one, and the fourth one, by the fifth one you will REALLY REALLY agree!!!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    I hope I'm not adding more wood to the fire with this, but here's my two cents: "white guy rhyming" has more to do with comedic stereotypes than a racial thing; think Vanilla Ice level cheese. It's no different than "white guy dancing". It's more about illustrative language that paints a picture based on things you've probably seen on film or television (or, obviously, in real life). I get that you're trying to promote progression and positive language, but I think you're reaching a bit with comparing it to using "gay" and "fag" negatively. That's an entirely different thing, and I absolutely agree with that needing to stop. Besides, many white rappers have proven they're not a part of that stereotype (see: Eminem).

Edit: Eminem is probably an ironic example given his use of "gay" and "fag/faggot" in some of his songs. Sorry.
    That's exactly how I took it. Jokes in general sometimes confuse the hell out me in legit conversations though, (In terms/questions like, "Was that right or wrong? Was that even funny?") but in comedy just about anything goes.

I definitely always make use of the dictionary as much as possible when it comes to topics like these or words in general. I also suppose it just sometimes depends on who you're speaking to, especially in this case. (As I've often failed to consider the source myself along with context/content and how and what is being said.)

Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    I'm actually a bit surprised that it didn't happen in the Speak your mind and In the Headlines sections. (Not that it hasn't happened in the Nine Inch Nails section before, but it proves yet again that such a thing is bound to happen here. It's just guaranteed.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-24-2020 at 10:05 AM.