Page 55 of 160 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 4778

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    It was a bit hard to tell in London whether his voice was just that good, or if it was because the sound system ludicrously amplified the high-frequencies. Made him sound a couple of octaves higher than usual; it was funny to hear PHM-era Trent singing Copy Of A.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    80s and 90s Madonna rocked. Her newer stuff is just ok.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    80s and 90s Madonna rocked. Her newer stuff is just ok.
    I think she still brings it. Broke a lot of social/pop norms throughout her career, and I find that pretty cool. I attribute much of my fandom to my parents beating her music into my head as a child, but she is definitely on my bucket list to see live before she throws in the towel!

And to fulfill my post requirements...
    Controversial NIN Opinion: "Leaving Hope" deserved a spot on The Fragile... I'm not sure where I would have placed it on the album, but I think TR could have incorporated it somewhere on the right disc. The other side of me is content with the amount of instrumental tracks on the album, and could honestly find myself feeling (onset) bloated with the addition of one more. But I don't like the idea of replacing one of the already existing tunes, so I don't know....#ViciousCircle
    Last edited by pinata89; 07-17-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinata89 View Post
    Controversial NIN Opinion: "Leaving Hope" deserved a spot on The Fragile... I'm not sure where I would have placed it on the album, but I think TR could have incorporated it somewhere on the right disc.
    Assuming it was created during those sessions and not as part of the ideas Trent had for One Hour Photo, of course.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I don't think Leaving Hope was a Fragile outtake. I was under the impression the instrumentals on Still were from that aborted movie soundtrack he was working on and the only actual Fragile outtake was AATCHB.

edit - I typed this before the above post showed up for me lol.
    Last edited by Kyle; 07-17-2014 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I don't think Leaving Hope was a Fragile outtake. I was under the impression the instrumentals on Still were from that aborted movie soundtrack he was working on and the only actual Fragile outtake was AATCHB.

edit - I typed this before the above post showed up for me lol.
    What about Adrift and at Peace?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    What about Adrift and at Peace?
    I believe Trent mentioned it is a continuation of La Mer. Not a part two of it, but thematically.
    Last edited by dvdglss; 07-17-2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    I believe Trent mentioned it is a continuation of La Mer. Not a part two of it, but thematically.
    To me that always sounded like the track was a leftover from the Fragile sessions proper, but I can see how it could be interpreted the other way. Hmm.

Even if it turns out that the One Hour Photo tracks came into existence after the album was completed, can they be considered anything but loose threads from The Fragile?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    To me that always sounded like the track was a leftover from the Fragile sessions proper, but I can see how it could be interpreted the other way. Hmm.

Even if it turns out that the One Hour Photo tracks came into existence after the album was completed, can they be considered anything but loose threads from The Fragile?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know if it's controversial but the Came Back Haunted video is fucking awful

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elementroejoy View Post
    I don't know if it's controversial but the Came Back Haunted video is fucking awful
    I'm pretty sure that's not controversial.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    -Starfuckers is fine where it is. Should be a setlist regular again.

-So does The Collector

-I don't know if it's tasteless, but I would really like to hear 'Just Do it' some day if it was ever recorded at all. And, of course, 'The Beauty of the Drug'.
    -Gave Up should be retired from setlists.
    I wish he would play more rockers from WT. I was really dissapointed with that record when it came out for reason. As of late I've grown to really appreciate the immediate nature of that album and consider it the last great vocal performance from Trent. WT is the last album to feature that famous Reznor bark and snarl that has been sadly missing from all subsequent releases.

I dont think Just Do It was ever recorded... I think i remember a thing that said Flood refused to record that song, or work on that song because it was so direct in its message.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I wish TR would play Everything Live. For better or worse, i think it was the most sincere song on HM, and the fact that he got so flustered by initial reactions was disappointing.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I dont think Just Do It was ever recorded... I think i remember a thing that said Flood refused to record that song, or work on that song because it was so direct in its message.
    It wasn't finished, but it was recorded in some form. From the two real mentions we have( http://www.theninhotline.net/archive...cle.php?id=148 and http://www.musicianguide.com/biograp...nch-Nails.html ), it seems it existed but was pulled by Flood before it was in final album form. Though, considering it's about suicide and the title track is about suicide, I wouldn't be shocked if at least musical elements from JDI entered TDS

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    It wasn't finished, but it was recorded in some form. From the two real mentions we have( http://www.theninhotline.net/archive...cle.php?id=148 and http://www.musicianguide.com/biograp...nch-Nails.html ), it seems it existed but was pulled by Flood before it was in final album form. Though, considering it's about suicide and the title track is about suicide, I wouldn't be shocked if at least musical elements from JDI entered TDS
    I always thought it was pulled from the album when Nike stopped sponsoring NIN after they heard the TDS demo.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I came to realize that Head Down is probably the best thing Trent did after The Fragile. is it controversial?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Well, it's the best thing he did in the second quarter of 2008, in my opinion. Aside from The Four Of Us Are Dying, maybe. Letting You, too, probably.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Well, it's the best thing he did in the second quarter of 2008, in my opinion. Aside from The Four Of Us Are Dying, maybe. Letting You, too, probably.
    oh yeah, TFOUAD comes pretty close.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    I came to realize that Head Down is probably the best thing Trent did after The Fragile. is it controversial?
    I think with_teeth is the second best thing he's ever done, after the fragile of course.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Damn straight.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    I think i would say best thing since Year Zero. It's close though. It's definitely better than anything on With Teeth

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    With Teeth is the 3rd best for me. TDS > Broken > WT

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I hate THTF and hate I've seen it live so many times.

EDIT - I've seen that song live 26 times according to NIN Tour History *shudder*
    Last edited by Scarlet Siren; 07-27-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    With Teeth is the 3rd best for me. TDS > Broken > WT
    At first I thought that was weird, but then I remembered how you and The Fragile don't get along.

I still haven't decided how to rank PHM–TF vs WT–HM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    At first I thought that was weird, but then I remembered how you and The Fragile don't get along.
    That, and attending a NIN show was my first exposure to NIN. I went to the With Teeth tour... And when I was getting sober, I watched BYIT nearly every night, which is WT heavy. It holds a dear place in my heart because of how I related to a lot of it while trying to stay clean.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I was listening to Starfuckers today and thought that it's a pretty weak song compared to everything else on the Fragile.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    To me Starfuckers feels like it doesn't really belong on that record to begin with. The overall feel of the The Fragile is just SO different.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    That's a pretty commonly held opinion... not controversial at all, really. And I'm down with it, too.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think it's more controversial to say you have no problem with Starfuckers, Inc. Which is where I stand. It's not my favorite track on the album, but I don't have a problem with it at all and would be fine with it returning to setlists.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I think it's more controversial to say you have no problem with Starfuckers, Inc. Which is where I stand. It's not my favorite track on the album, but I don't have a problem with it at all and would be fine with it returning to setlists.
    It seems like a great live song, by far. In general the complaint I always hear is that it feels out of place on The Fragile (something I don't even agree with, like you I think it's fine) but live that shouldn't be a problem in the least.

Oh, controversial contribution from me: Not So Pretty Now is fantastic and would be great to hear again even though it wouldn't fit in the least with this current version/era of NIN. If they ever dip back into the more rock-driven elements like the WT tour, I'd love for this to get played again (although I'm totally happy with NIN right where it is stylistically).