Page 158 of 160 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,740 of 4778

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    We've all been here long enough to understand there are no rules. We may have a new full length NIN album next Wednesday with no notice. They may debut a new single live in Raleigh to start a long drawn out run-up to a Sept release date. What we do know if TR rarely sits idle so that bodes well.
    That woulda been cool.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    That woulda been cool.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ no rules.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ no rules.
    Except smiling, def rules around that.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Except smiling, def rules around that.
    ¯\_(**/ )_/¯

Is that better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Branches/Bones should been used a lot more as an opener.

Dear World is one of the best post-Fragile NIN songs.

Burning Bright should have been played a lot more.

I wish Play the Goddamned Part had been substituted for a different jazzy/industrial song with vocals.

Copy of A and Gave Up are still iconic and awesome but I kind of want to see them less in the live sets.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger_Stealth View Post

I wish Play the Goddamned Part had been substituted for a different jazzy/industrial song with vocals.

Copy of A and Gave Up are still iconic and awesome but I kind of want to see them less in the live sets.
    It's a pity "Less Than" wasn't a big hit outside of NIN circles. That song rocks! Really enjoyed seeing them play it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree! Less Than is a banger, both on the album and live (seen it live twice now).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Running might be the only NIN song out there that I straight up dislike and don't look forward to relistening to.

Something I Can Never Have should be a live staple.

It's a shame how little of Hesitation Marks besides Copy of A is played live. Came Back Haunted, All Time Low, I Would For You, and In Two should be played semi-regularly live. I also love Various Methods of Escape but that wouldn't translate as good live.
    Last edited by Tiger_Stealth; 09-28-2022 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    100% with you on the hope that more HM material gets a live revival in the future - not to mention Year Zero. A tour more heavily focused on those albums (ideally with some visual elements a la LITS, Tension, and the festival/Soundgarden models) and "kindred spirit" material like Dear World, would be a dream.

Upping the controversy ante, this and future tours should close with either ITT + Zero-Sum outro or, better yet, ITT + Zero-Sum in full.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It's amazing to me that not one Ghosts track has been performed in almost ten years, especially considering how I-IV helped Trent & Atticus get into the film score game. There are plenty of tracks that would fit just fine into the current setlists, yet Ghosts gets the shaft every single time. People who complain that it's "too quiet" of an album seem to forget performances like this:

Last edited by BRoswell; 09-29-2022 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Survivalism is easily the worst NIN single.

I have minimal interest in NIN remix albums or remixes of NIN songs/albums.

The "cringy" songs/lyrics on PHM aren't that cringy to me.

There should be a max of two instrumental type songs during a live show. One could be an intro song (Pinion, Eater of Dreams, 999,999 etc) and a longer instrumental in the middle of the show.

Gave Up live should be phased out and Last and/or Happiness in Slavery should take its place.

I can't understand how anyone could dislike I Do Not Want This.

As much as Big Man With a Gun is definitely the weakest track on TDS, it belong where it is in the tracklist and shouldn't be replaced with Burn or a different song. BMWAG is a piece of the bigger story.

I've never really gotten the hype for The Great Below, it's definitely a solid song, but it probably only slightly makes the top half of my Fragile song ranking.

You Know What You Are kicks ass.

Not The Actual Events should have been expanded into a 45-50/8-12 track full length album, there is so much potential and textures/experimentation that could be explored. (Though I really enjoy Add Violence and Bad Witch and think all three form a great trilogy).

Over and Out is a top 5 post Fragile NIN song.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Survivalism is easily the worst NIN single.

I have minimal interest in NIN remix albums or remixes of NIN songs/albums.

The "cringy" songs/lyrics on PHM aren't that cringy to me.

There should be a max of two instrumental type songs during a live show. One could be an intro song (Pinion, Eater of Dreams, 999,999 etc) and a longer instrumental in the middle of the show.

Gave Up live should be phased out and Last and/or Happiness in Slavery should take its place.

I can't understand how anyone could dislike I Do Not Want This.

As much as Big Man With a Gun is definitely the weakest track on TDS, it belong where it is in the tracklist and shouldn't be replaced with Burn or a different song. BMWAG is a piece of the bigger story.

I've never really gotten the hype for The Great Below, it's definitely a solid song, but it probably only slightly makes the top half of my Fragile song ranking.

You Know What You Are kicks ass.

Not The Actual Events should have been expanded into a 45-50/8-12 track full length album, there is so much potential and textures/experimentation that could be explored. (Though I really enjoy Add Violence and Bad Witch and think all three form a great trilogy).

Over and Out is a top 5 post Fragile NIN song.
    for me the worst NIN single is Came Back Haunted. But it’s still an ok song. And dude, listen to Further Down the Spiral, it’s a really solid album (coming from someone not particularly into remixes). It definitely stands on its own.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Running might be the only NIN song out there that I straight up dislike and don't look forward to relistening to.

Something I Can Never Have should be a live staple.

It's a shame how little of Hesitation Marks besides Copy of A is played live. Came Back Haunted, All Time Low, I Would For You, and In Two should be played semi-regularly live. I also love Various Methods of Escape but that wouldn't translate as good live.
    SICNH should alternate with Hurt in a 6-4 or 7-3 fashion.

In Two is killer. I really don't understand how the Idea of You hasn't been played. Taped vocals are already being implemented on The Lovers and I can imagine Atticus having all sorts of fun messing with the audio in real time.

I enjoyed VME live, the approach needs some massaging the early vocal sections, but damn does the last half hit. If for no other reason than else than to see Robin play one of these:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Branches/Bones and Burning Bright were played a lot during 2017/2018 shows, which is probably why they didn't play them this year.

I heard Dear World in DC 2018, and while I really love the song, it kind of sounded a mess live to be honest.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Taped vocals are already being implemented on The Lovers and I can imagine Atticus having all sorts of fun messing with the audio in real time.
    This.
    I totally expected them to try out Zero-Sum, after they already used that method not just for The Lovers, but also Dear World.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gunna be really annoying right off the bat after making my account. I’m sorry!

I do really like the official version of Sanctified! And in general the Purest Feeling bootleg is more of an interesting “what-if” than something that could legitimately rival what it evolved into. But like. Man. The original Sanctified demo is so good dude I earnestly get kind of upset that it’s not the version on PHM sometimes. Every time I listen to this I understand why Gottlieb was pissed off about the production changing so much. I miss you so much my beautiful angel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Slip > The Fragile
    I didn't like GBDTD until I heard it live.
    There isn't a single good NIN Remix post 2005.

And lastly,
    While I recognize the importance Something I Can Never Have has on PHM, being an much needed breather from the new band Whine Bitch Wails, and a demonstration of what's to come with further material, that doesn't necessarily mean I have to *like* it. I am very very curious to see what it would've become had Trent shelved the song and reworked it on The Fragile, much like Radiohead's True Love Waits.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Don’t know if this has been mentioned before: NIN studio albums/EPs have terrible title choices (except for The Downward Spiral, and maybe Broken?). Remix and live albums fare a little better (FDTS, TFA, AATCHB, BYIT). But the music it’s all that matters to me so it’s all good.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails has only one single actively bad song and it's not Everything. God Break Down The Door takes that spot.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    In a thread of terrible opinions, this^ is the most terriblest! Unless that was a misspelling of My Violent Heart, in which case carry on!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    You both seem to be having trouble spelling, because I'm certain the intent was to single out You Know What You Are?

This is clearly an inferior band's facsimile of a NIN-style angry banger, despite it being from TR's own hand. The sequencing of it right after ATLITW also does it no favors; always seems like a hasty apology for the potentially alienating album opener.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think everyone in this board needs to go back to school, it's clear none of you can spell All Time Low...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Remix and live albums fare a little better (FDTS, TFA, AATCHB, BYIT).
    Maybe. Except Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D. That was silly at the time and didn't age well.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    God Break Down the Door is easily my favorite Nine Inch Nails song of the last 10 years, and Year Zero is still their worst album because it has some of my least favorite vocal moments.

ONCEYOUDOTHESAMETHINGINTHECIRCUMSTANCEIMSUREYOULLU NDERSTAND

OHMYGAWWWD CAN IT GO ANY FASTUAAAH?

heyyyyyyyyy can we stahp?

I PUSH DA BUTTON AND ELECTED HIM TA OFFICE AN UH

CoMe On SiNg AlOnG, eVeRy bOdY nOw!
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 10-10-2022 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    God Break Down the Door is easily my favorite Nine Inch Nails song of the last 10 years, and Year Zero is still their worst album because it has some of the my least favorite vocal moments.

ONCEYOUDOTHESAMETHINGINTHECIRCUMSTANCEIMSUREYOULLU NDERSTAND

OHMYGAWWWD CAN IT GO ANY FASTUAAAH?

heyyyyyyyyy can we stahp?

I PUSH DA BUTTON AND ELECTED HIM TA OFFICE AN UH

CoMe On SiNg AlOnG, eVeRy bOdY nOw!
    Ok so what one of us is Gary Oak?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Ok so what one of us is Gary Oak?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I was trying to think of least favorite tracks and then I realized I was just naming off the entire YZ record lol

The remix album is pretty sweet though.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yikes. I’ve already defended YZ repeatedly and love the vocal choices made. I really dig sarcastic Trent.

But…come on, GBDTD is maybe my least favorite NIN song of the last decade. No, wait…it’s still “Running.” But still, it’s low tier. On Bad Witch alone, you’ve got “Ahead Of Ourselves” which is an absolute banger and “Over And Out,” which does every element on GBDTD much much MUCH better.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Everyone's over here talking about embarrassing lyrics and worst songs and nobody's calling out anything on Pretty Hate Machine? I mean, I like the album, but there is some straight up silliness and cringeworthy material on it. Don't give me that "oh, it was his first album" excuse either. Down In It may be fun, but it's pretty damn cheesy too, and don't get me started on Kinda I Want To and That's What I Get.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Bad Witch is a good EP if you start it on Track 3. The first two songs really don't fit the mood of the record.

Also, Shit Mirror is much better live!