Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    But I don't know, I still can't see Dany responding to that situation by roasting little kids in the street. It just doesn't work for me, because I can't think of any scene in any previous episode that foreshadows that kind of mindless sadism towards innocent people. You can't just force a character to become the new Ramsey when they never acted like that before.
    I wonder what show you've been watching. There's many moments that show Dany's darker, fucked up side. It was always there. Dany wanted to be worshipped and bowed to. Cersei and the people of Kings Landing did not.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I wonder what show you've been watching. There's many moments that show Dany's darker, fucked up side. It was always there. Dany wanted to be worshipped and bowed to. Cersei and the people of Kings Landing did not.
    This grew tiresome when she would have that obsession with people bending the knee to her. Breaker of chains, mother of dragons, yada yada yada... But her more caring side always seemed to take a backseat when it came to talking about the dam throne. I understand that the foreshadowing has always been there, I just feel the execution as to her going mad was poorly done, hence a lot of jarring takes on her just flipping a switch after she had already won.

I felt it was a much more effective plot point when the throne did not matter because of the dead, with the stakes feeling incredibly claustrophobic with them marching in and finally arriving. Ugh, I rememeber when the wall came down and it was fucking shocking to me... I haven't really felt that shocking/oh shit factor all season. I would have liked to see what they would have done with Dany if the throne was no longer a huge factor anymore, due to the dead.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 05-13-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    This grew tiresome when she would have that obsession with people bending the knee to her. Breaker of chains, mother of dragons, yada yada yada... But her more caring side always seemed to take a backseat when it came to talking about the dam throne. I understand that the foreshadowing has always been there, I just feel the execution as to her going mad was poorly done, hence a lot of jarring takes on her just flipping a switch after she had already won.

I felt it was a much more effective plot point when the throne did not matter because of the dead, with the stakes feeling incredibly claustrophobic with them marching in and finally arriving. Ugh, I rememeber when the wall came down and it was fucking shocking to me... I haven't really felt that shocking/oh shit factor all season. I would have liked to see what they would have done with Dany if the throne was no longer a huge factor anymore, due to the dead.
    Tyrion literally spent the last two episodes trying to get her not to just simply murder everyone in Kings Landing. She has murdered plenty of people before this... quite brutally. Hell, she is even turning on Jon because he doesn't want to fuck his family member. Caring side? She only cared when those people worship her. As soon as you betray her or not bend a knee, she's ready to burn you alive. She constantly had to be counseled to NOT kill people.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Tyrion literally spent the last two episodes trying to get her not to just simply murder everyone in Kings Landing. She has murdered plenty of people before this... quite brutally. Hell, she is even turning on Jon because he doesn't want to fuck his family member. Caring side? She only cared when those people worship her. As soon as you betray her or not bend a knee, she's ready to burn you alive. She constantly had to be counseled to NOT kill people.
    Huh? If you go back to multiple seasons... You're telling me that the random people that were in poverty that she saved ; she didn't show any sense of heartfelt caring towards them... Ever? You may need to re-watch a few episodes. My comment wasn't directed towards her behavior for this season. She hasn't cared about shit but the throne for awhile now... Oh, and her nephew.