Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
I'm watching for the laughs at this point. In one episode, the Iron Fleet easily takes down a dragon. VERY easily. Last night's episode: One dragon destroys the whole fleet (and fires explosives upon the whole city) very easily. It's like every new episode makes the last one completely useless.

I'm not the kind of person to nitpick on everything. Especially the physics of a fantasy show. But last week they were firing arrows at the dragons almost non-stop. From a boat.

On land, they seemed to struggle getting the weapons ready and the dragon seemed much more powerful now. He could have destroyed that fleet easily last week.

Actually, if her other dragon got killed in last night's episode making Daenerys lose her mind, it would have made more sense.

This is bad writing and it's a shame what happened to this show. It's like they read all good fan-made finales and decided to do the exact opposite just out of spite or ego.

GoT always shocked me somehow. Now what's is shocking is how bad it has become.
I actually think is boils down to the fact that in last week's episode, Euron and the Iron Fleet caught her off guard in an ambush. This time around, it was the Iron Fleet that was caught off guard and unprepared. They did make a point to show how slowly those "Scorpion" ballistas turn and rotate when they need to adjust their aim.