Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2159

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm tempered with my expectations, and I LOVED the battle of Winterfell... any issues I have there fall to the side of that being maybe the most impressive episode of TV I've ever seen.

But this, it just invites some "WTF REALLY?" criticism, and we're down to the last 3 and a half hours here... I hate being that guy, but we don't have time for this shit, and that moment was just DUMB.

Unlesss... if Tyrion turns out to be Cersei's secret bff.... I am secretly hoping this is the big plot twist at this point. Because otherwise, that was just stupid.
    I agree 100% with the battle. I've never had an episode of TV that made me feel what I did during that entire battle, even if the end really disappointed me.

I can understand when Tyrion was giving Cersei the benefit of the doubt when he thought that she would send her troops to Winterfell, but once he found out this was a ruse, I expected him to really throw that thought out of the window. Did he REALLY think that he could take sense into her?? When he said "Surrender the throne" I literally started laughing, so your big twist theory isn't that bad.

One more little gripe that has been really annoying me is whyyyyyy can we not get at least ONE scene with Jon interacting with Ghost? Or anyone for that matter. It really baffles me, and I would love to hear some sort of bs explanation from the writers.

Edit: After thinking more about the episode, what in the hell was with that editing choice to completely cut out to black right before Bran was about to spill the beans on Jon and Dany?? Such a huge reveal to his family, and they deprive us of that as well.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 05-06-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    If GRRM is listening while trying to figure out how to end these books here you go: no part where everyone who should know way better gives her an opening with no win in sight worth the risk, and that involves the whole dumb mission to capture a walker to show her (and getting a dragon taken over by the night king in the process)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    This has felt like two episodes in a row where I was disappointed.

The ending of the battle I didn't like, and this one just didn't feel right.

The first half was great, but then the pacing immediately went out the window and they crammed a lot into the last part of it. Would it have been too much to ask to have an episode of getting ready to march south, an episode with them trying to get into Kings Landing with similar outcomes and then an episode where they lay siege (assuming that's what they do next week)?

I'm probably just still disappointed from having the wind taken out of my sails after the battle. I kind of lost all my excitement to see how this ends, and so I wasn't really invested in watching them attack King's Landing anymore. I stopped caring about Jon's reveal to his sisters, I didn't care when the dragon was shot down, I was confused as they were all crawling out of the sea, especially after seeing Tyrion take a crazy blow to the head while swimming and somehow not drowning, I didn't care when Tyrion went to talk to Cersei and I wasn't even really bothered when Messandri was killed.

I'm really hoping they can turn this around, but it's all just feeling kind of random at this point. Almost like they decided to have an ambush and then threw darts at a board to decide which character to kill. There was no reason it needed to be Messandri getting killed there, they could have picked anyone else who was on one of their boats and it would have made just as much sense. And they could have put anyone they wanted to onto a boat.

It would have maybe been more interesting if Dany had found out Jon let his secret out, and then he was kidnapped and threatened at the gate instead of Messandri. There's some internally tension there for Dany at least. And there's no reason why he couldn't have been on one of the boats and that couldn't have happened. There's also no reason it couldn't have been Greyworm getting beheaded, or Tyrion.

All of these theories, and prophecies and thinking just seem to be being thrown out the window in favour of random things that are maybe supposed to be shocking? I'm not really sure anymore. Ned losing his head was shocking, but it fit. The Red Wedding was the same. So was Joeffrey dying at his wedding. Tyrion killing Tywin and escaping King's Landing. Hodor's backstory, The Night King raising an undead dragon. These are all moments that I didn't see coming, but also felt like I was seeing something new and having a light shone on something that had always been present but I hadn't understood before.

The unexpected moments this season haven't felt illuminating like that.

I hope this can be turned around still, but the last two episodes have felt disappointing.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Finally had the time to watch ep 4. All I can say is....

What??

The internet seems to be really freaking out about this episode and calling it the worst thing they've ever seen. Calling it racist. Calling it misogynistic. Calling it all sorts of things that...well, that completely baffle me.

As far as I'm concerned, this was a refreshing return to what the show has been about all along - not just "oh shit zombies", but all the lands fighting against each other and trying to take the Iron Throne. Strategy and backstabbing and betrayal and sociopathic nonsense and what have you. If that stuff never bothered you for the last seven years, then why is it suddenly such a big deal?

I liked it. The opening part was a little *yawn* to me because I just really, really dislike drunk people, but I get why it was included. I liked the emphasis on strategy and the infighting and the whole "people finally saying something about Dany being a tyrant" thing.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Finally had the time to watch ep 4. All I can say is....

What??

The internet seems to be really freaking out about this episode and calling it the worst thing they've ever seen. Calling it racist. Calling it misogynistic. Calling it all sorts of things that...well, that completely baffle me.

As far as I'm concerned, this was a refreshing return to what the show has been about all along - not just "oh shit zombies", but all the lands fighting against each other and trying to take the Iron Throne. Strategy and backstabbing and betrayal and sociopathic nonsense and what have you. If that stuff never bothered you for the last seven years, then why is it suddenly such a big deal?

I liked it. The opening part was a little *yawn* to me because I just really, really dislike drunk people, but I get why it was included. I liked the emphasis on strategy and the infighting and the whole "people finally saying something about Dany being a tyrant" thing.

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head with the majority of this, I don't get why people are so up in arms. It's a fictional show that depicts total and utter fiction, there's no secret agendas or anything. It was a fantastic episode that's really setting up quite a showdown now.

I'm pretty pissed that I've been reading articles about GRRM moaning about how the show is going to end, how it isn't the way he would have wanted it to end ideally, and not what he had in mind, well maybe he should have finished the damn book already and maybe things would be different, instead of being however many years behind as he is.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I get it's fictional, but nothing excuses plot contrivances. I didn't hate the episode, it's just got some moments I think deserve some criticism.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    terrible writing gets more and more apparent with each episode. so much potential wasted.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I thought when she saw his dead body, she declared that he not receive the honor of being buried with his brother and sister?
    That’s right but she was pretty upset about his death. I definitely think she was mourning his loss.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    she's a hard character to read... easier to read her intentions through the way she acts than how she pretends to feel?

I know, this is a fictional thing and it's silly on multiple levels to read it that way, but...

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    she's a hard character to read... easier to read her intentions through the way she acts than how she pretends to feel?

I know, this is a fictional thing and it's silly on multiple levels to read it that way, but...
    They frequently reference how much she loved her children. Tyrion brings it up all the time.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    They frequently reference how much she loved her children. Tyrion brings it up all the time.
    She's told other lies that people believe. I think her being a powerful liar is her greatest skill.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Game of Thrones - Spoilers

She's told other lies that people believe. I think her being a powerful liar is her greatest skill.
    she’s a bit of a monster so even if she loved them, it was that twisted kind of love that abusers give. She’s definitely a liar.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Everyone is always saying (on the show and in real life) that Cersei loves her kids more than anything, but I feel like the shit with Tomyn really flies in the face of that idea. She essentially drove Tomyn to suicide. Tomyn was a somewhat emotionally fragile teenager, and Cersei fully knew this, and yet she went ahead and murdered the person that he was madly in love with. She valued political power over the well-being of her son. And sure, she probably never imagined that he would be so devastated that he'd jump out of a fucking window, but any caring, observant person would have seen that Tomyn had a certain sensitivity and that he would be completely heartbroken about Margery being killed. I feel like Cersei knew this but she just didn't give a shit. Winning the political power games were more important to her.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    If Tyrion isn't a plot-twist plant for Cersei, then his biggest character flaw is idiotic hope
    AND, Cersei has revealed a soft spot that's her death-star flaw too

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Everyone is always saying (on the show and in real life) that Cersei loves her kids more than anything, but I feel like the shit with Tomyn really flies in the face of that idea. She essentially drove Tomyn to suicide. Tomyn was a somewhat emotionally fragile teenager, and Cersei fully knew this, and yet she went ahead and murdered the person that he was madly in love with. She valued political power over the well-being of her son. And sure, she probably never imagined that he would be so devastated that he'd jump out of a fucking window, but any caring, observant person would have seen that Tomyn had a certain sensitivity and that he would be completely heartbroken about Margery being killed. I feel like Cersei knew this but she just didn't give a shit. Winning the political power games were more important to her.

Cersei loved her kids more than everything but herself. She only cared for their well-being because they were hers. She killed Margery because her feelings about her were more important than his. Everyone that she loves, no matter how deeply, she only loves while they're in line with her. Case in point being Jaime. They were "born to be together" until he disagreed with her.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I refuse to believe Cersei loves anything but power. I don't think she even loves herself; I think she's just a coward who is afraid of death and losing control.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    At this point Cersei is just a drunk milf that keeps staring at things with a disgusted face. This lady and the horny pirate are the final bosses of the series. And I can't think of a more anti-climatic pair of villains. I did like Cersei until some point.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    At this point Cersei is just a drunk milf that keeps staring at things with a disgusted face. This lady and the horny pirate are the final bosses of the series. And I can't think of a more anti-climatic pair of villains. I did like Cersei until some point.
    Final boss? No. Dany and Jon are about to turn on each other. And I’m also thinking the night king is gonna show up again like surprise mother fucker! We’ve had no explanation on what he wanted with Bran so I feel like that’s still in play somehow.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    And I’m also thinking the night king is gonna show up again like surprise mother fucker! We’ve had no explanation on what he wanted with Bran so I feel like that’s still in play somehow.
    They said he wanted to kill Bran because he is the memories of men and the Night King wanted to wipe out all traces of men. Something along those lines

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Final boss? No. Dany and Jon are about to turn on each other. And I’m also thinking the night king is gonna show up again like surprise mother fucker! We’ve had no explanation on what he wanted with Bran so I feel like that’s still in play somehow.
    Sure hope so, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    They said he wanted to kill Bran because he is the memories of men and the Night King wanted to wipe out all traces of men. Something along those lines
    Yeah, I guess the explanation was given but it does feel anti-climatic. He could at least say something, tell him why he marked him or why he did that spiral thing to the kid on the 1st episode. I don't need obivous things to enjoy them but I expected much more from their encounter.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    Cersei is the same character she has always been. A great villain. I don't see what has changed over the last couple seasons. I feel like she's clearly been the main villain all season.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    In which G.R.R. Martin shares his feelings about Game of Thrones coming to an end: https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/06/george-...n-8-interview/

No spoilers, except for the fact that he needs to WRITE FASTER!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I read something somewhere that compared it to Harry Potter.

Except if in book 6 Hermoine had killed Voldemort and Harry spent book 7 defeating the evil kids from slytherin in a quidditch match.

It kind of feels like that's what's happening. I'm hoping it can get turned around somehow, but I'm not enjoying it so much right now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So now word is the whole things leaked online, the entire ending. I've not read any spoilers myself and I am desperately trying to avoid them.
    Last edited by Jord; 05-09-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    So now word is the whole things leaked online, the entire ending. I've not read any spoilers myself and I am desperately trying to avoid them, however twitter reactions are very disheartening.
    I haven't seen the episodes themselves out there yet, but I've read supposed plot point discussions. They could be wrong, but they're coming from people who said things about episode 4 before it was released so it's lending them some credibility.
    Last edited by M1ke; 05-09-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    A friendly reminder. No spoilers in this thread until the episode has aired. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I enjoyed last week's episode more having watched it a second time. The rapid pace & extreme pushes forward in time are still very jarring, and the complete ambush by Euron strained believability. I don't have an issue yet with any character motivations & decision making, but I am def. getting worried.

I think the thing everyone can agree on, no matter where you are on the spectrum of enjoyment of last season and this, is that both seasons would have benefited from a full ten episodes each, and perhaps even an abridged season 9. That way we could be hitting the same story beats the writers intended, but at the usual GoT pace (read: slooooow) we are comfortable with from season 1-6.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Huron's fleet was clearly hidden between two sets of islands on either side of them, giving them the ability to wait for when the Dragon Queen's fleet passes to strike.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Cersei is the same character she has always been. A great villain. I don't see what has changed over the last couple seasons. I feel like she's clearly been the main villain all season.
    Exactly. Cersei is the real threat. I didn't find the Night King fight anti-climatic at all. We already had numerous smaller battles with him leading up to this. I like the fact you're like, hey they won... oh wait, this shit is far from over and we have someone even more ruthless to deal with.