Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2159

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    how did Dany throwing coals that are on fire into dirt turn the entire place into a raging inferno in a matter of seconds (complete with things going up in flames as if there was a gasoline trail? I found that silly and unbelievable. Did her cohorts throw down kerosene first or something?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    how did Dany throwing coals that are on fire into dirt turn the entire place into a raging inferno in a matter of seconds (complete with things going up in flames as if there was a gasoline trail? I found that silly and unbelievable. Did her cohorts throw down kerosene first or something?
    Yeah I found it ridiculous and thoroughly believe that the scene should've had Drogon come back because of Dany getting Daario and Jorah to summon him via plotting the plot, have him crash through the roof, land beside her and terrify the Dothraki only for Dany to really be the Mother of Dragons, be unphased, seem far more Khal-like than any of them, have a classic "Dracarys" and toast the joint on Drogon's back, with everyone bowing down to the badass lady on the back of a fucking dragon instead of the girl kinda just ... standing there. It would've still had her dominant and in control and made the whole fire make sense and we'd have gotten to see one of the dragons really do something, and it would make even more sense for everyone to suddenly go "Yeah, we should get on her side huh?"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah that scene wasn't anywhere near as awesome as the show thinks it was. I definitely figured Drogon would come back and lay waste to some shit. The Kahls could've just grabbed her crazy ass after she dumped the first thing instead of hanging out and waiting to be burned alive.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Well, I'm glad they wrapped up the Dothraki thing. Also, it's like I'm writing all of Jon Snow's lines this season...which is both funny and not funny at the same time.

Sansa/Snow reunion and their conversation after was the best part of this episode and definitely a great moment for the show.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah it was nice to see a couple of the Stark siblings finally get back together.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Yeah that scene wasn't anywhere near as awesome as the show thinks it was
    Hey that's most Dany scenes you've gotta be more specific than that

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    they might have to be selective with their dragon budget, so they decided against b/c of what they have in store later on (plus they had her two other dragons in a relatively drawn out scene with Tyrion already....so $$$).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    how did dany throwing coals that are on fire into dirt turn the entire place into a raging inferno in a matter of seconds (complete with things going up in flames as if there was a gasoline trail? I found that silly and unbelievable. Did her cohorts throw down kerosene first or something?
    Ten characters

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    ok, that helps the explanation a bit. Thanks.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    they might have to be selective with their dragon budget, so they decided against b/c of what they have in store later on (plus they had her two other dragons in a relatively drawn out scene with Tyrion already....so $$$).
    I mean that is exactly what it is it's just frustrating when practical reasons get in the way of cool things. I'm not upset at anyone over it, just disappointed. Overall I've always been blown away by the large-scale production of the show and have to remind myself "this is a TV series" so it's more nitpicking than anything.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    ok, that helps the explanation a bit. Thanks.
    And that was not meant in cheeky sarcasm-posting "wit," either – I had the same question when I was watching and sought out an answer. The GOT Wikia doesn't even articulate this despite having a more detailed rundown of the events in the episode.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    supposedly they spend $12-$13 million per episode. madness.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Who's excited about the Sansa/Littlefinger reunion in the next episode? I can't wait to see how Petyr is going to get himself out of this predicament. He is, after all, the genius who gave Sweetrobin the only gift he can throw out the Moon Door over and over and over again.

And I've been thinking: Jon and Tormund's army may be smaller than that of PsychoRamsay but they have one ace: Wun Wun. :P

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    how did Dany throwing coals that are on fire into dirt turn the entire place into a raging inferno in a matter of seconds (complete with things going up in flames as if there was a gasoline trail? I found that silly and unbelievable.
    IKR? Maybe if one of her dragons had flown in or if she'd had a jar of wyldefire...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    typical argument whenever discussing sci-fi/fantasy. If a show sets up rules involving extraordinary things, I have no problem with them. this is different. and you knew that when you wrote, but you had to be an ass anyway.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    typical argument whenever discussing sci-fi/fantasy. If a show sets up rules involving extraordinary things, I have no problem with them. this is different. and you knew that when you wrote, but you had to be an ass anyway.
    Yup. Couldn't help it. You made it so appealing.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I'm joining the party. Starting season 3. Better late than never.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I hate them. I hate them. I FUCKING HATE THEM!!! *sobs hysterically*

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Spoiler: I hate them. I hate them. I FUCKING HATE THEM!!! *sobs hysterically*
    Spoiler: FUCK THAT FUCKING SHOW! FUCK THEM ALL TO HELL! SUMMER!!! HODOR!!! *grabs Miss B and sobs hysterically with her*

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Dude, fuck this show. That was just a cheap attention grab. Let's kill a beloved character with no impact and watch people flip out. Cooool

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Woah relax, this is just the norm.

But still, ugh so sad

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Brutal episode. Lots of people will be upset. Regarding Spoiler: Hodor, I think that had to come from George. It seemed so intricately placed into the story that I think it must have been planned a long time ago.

So many feels in this episode, especially since there were no awesome "fuck yeah!" moments this time. Game of Thrones giveth, and Game of Thrones taketh..

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    Brutal episode. Lots of people will be upset. Regarding Spoiler: Hodor, I think that had to come from George. It seemed so intricately placed into the story that I think it must have been planned a long time ago.

So many feels in this episode, especially since there were no awesome "fuck yeah!" moments this time. Game of Thrones giveth, and Game of Thrones taketh..
    The "inside the episode" had Benioff talking about how they were in a hotel with GRRM and he told them how he got his name and how it needed to happen on the show. So sad, so so sad.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yeah, it sucks, but it was absolutely inevitable. You knew when the shit hit the fan beyond the Wall with Bran, there wouldn't be a damn thing Hodor would be able to fight. That this was so intricately planned with his entire origin story is great, and well written.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So, Spoiler: the mark on Bran's arm is how the Others are going to be able to pass through the Wall, and that's why they won't just get killed immediately next episode, because they're really being corralled down south to allow them to enter, right?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    A. Hodor.

B. Bran, way to fuck everything up asshole.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Yeah, it sucks, but it was absolutely inevitable. You knew when the shit hit the fan beyond the Wall with Bran, there wouldn't be a damn thing Hodor would be able to fight. That this was so intricately planned with his entire origin story is great, and well written.
    It's absolutely brilliant that the full reveal involves transforming a joke (in both the show and the books) into something tragic... allowing a recent event to completely alter a way we perceived it in the past...

But just, wow...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't think I've been this upset since the Red Wedding. Each 'hold the door' was like a stab to my little jaded heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I found myself enjoying the idiot Ned Stark play more than I should.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I saw a link to this in one of the AV Club comment threads:

"Around the third time we were on the elevator together, he pushed he button for our floor and then asked the others what floors they needed, and then after everyone left, he turned to me.
    Martin: I always wanted to be an elevator operator. If the writing thing hadn’t worked out…
    We both laughed and went on to our rooms.
    The final time we ended up together, the conversation went like this:
    Me: I finally figured out why you have a character named “Hodor.”
    Martin: Oh?
    Me: I was thinking about your comment about wanting to be an elevator operator. It’s clear to me now that “Hodor” is short for “Hold the door.”
    Martin: (laughing) You don’t know how close to the truth you are!"

https://ventrellaquest.com/tag/game-of-thrones/