Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I'm hoping it alludes to Spoiler: the children of the forest

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    I'm hoping it alludes to Spoiler: the children of the forest
    Spoiler: Definitely, as one actress was announced to be cast as a child of the forest. So it's safe to say that Bran & co. will reach the cave in the last episode. But it will certainly also allude to other things, like a certain scene between Tyrion and Tywin. And probably something with the dragons as well.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Loved that there was so much of the true queen in this episode - Sansa, not flop Dany.

The Craster's Keep scenes were really well done imo. Bran's choice created a few man-tears.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    BRANDOR!

Oh, Lysa, you're so crazy!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This episode was on point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Someone gives meaning to Spoiler: Jojen's vision? I mean the flaming hand.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Loved that there was so much of the true queen in this episode - Sansa, not flop Dany.

The Craster's Keep scenes were really well done imo. Bran's choice created a few man-tears.
    I thought the beginning of the CK scene would have been more suspenseful if there had been an "N" and "SC" warning at the beginning of the episode. But knowing that there wasn't going to be any nudity or "strong sexual content", it seemed right from the get-go that no one was actually in danger of getting raped or anything like that.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Did the pacing feel off to anyone else tonight?

I liked the Dreadfort scenes and the last segment, but it seemed a bit forgettable tonight.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Man, was that bath scene between Reek and Ramsay creepy or what?

I did a double-take when they showed Braavos during the opening credits! Mark Gatiss!

My favorite scenes were the small council, Oberyn and Varys and the last segment. My lion of Lannister!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Did the pacing feel off to anyone else tonight?

I liked the Dreadfort scenes and the last segment, but it seemed a bit forgettable tonight.
    there was a decent amount of good stuff tonight:

1. dragons
    2. dreadfort
    3. stanis / davos & the iron bank.
    4. varus.
    5. the small council, in particular the behavior of the 2 new guys...
    6. lannister family bonding.
    7. the trial.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Another great ep.

Spoiler: what do you think their angle is for shae?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Whats the story with the broken sword on the Iron Bank's statue? Is that spoiler territory?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Man, was that bath scene between Reek and Ramsay creepy or what?

I did a double-take when they showed Braavos during the opening credits! Mark Gatiss!

My favorite scenes were the small council, Oberyn and Varys and the last segment. My lion of Lannister!
    I haven't been watching regularly and I'm not a Tumblr fanboy, so despite really enjoying both Doctor Who and Sherlock, I had NO idea that Gatiss was in this. As soon as they showed him, I was just staring at someone across the room and thinking "am I going crazy, or is that Mark Gatiss?" Thankfully she'd be trying to figure out why he looked familiar, so that was an easy suspicion to confirm.

To address the pacing criticisms for this (and other) episodes: they all feel way off, if you're comparing them to the books. Tyrion's trial alone took about as much time to read as a full episode, if not longer (it's been a while since I've read that, so I don't remember for sure). In general, compressing so much novel into so little time is not easy, so the pacing will always be different. The trial, for example, did feel like it was much faster paced (and by extension, less tense and less important). But I still enjoyed the episode.

Slightly off topic: before the episode, they showed a preview for a movie and I swear it said 5/25 (a Sunday) at 9/8C. Did I miss something about it being on a different HBO channel, or will GoT not be aired that weekend? Or did I just completely misread the date?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Especially the Daenerys and Stannis storylines suffered from splicing one book into two seasons. The Daenerys storyline was really tiring when she only appeared during the last five minutes of the episode just to show us how awesome she is. I am very glad that things are getting more interesting now. And well, Stannis already realized a season ago that the true war is in the north...and does nothing. I had always assumed that "the most natural course" would be for the Bank of Braavos to support Daenerys (because they said that the bank always supports the enemies of their debtors) so that she could afford a navy, but ok...
    The trial scene was obviously awesome. I loved the Shae twist.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ambergris View Post
    I loved the Shae twist.
    That part of the book was terrible. Not terrible as in "that was poorly written," but I just wanted to beat the ever loving shit out of her. I hated her nearly as much as Joffrey during the trial in the book. That episode's retelling was like a children's book compared to how it was written out, which I'm almost thankful for.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    Whats the story with the broken sword on the Iron Bank's statue? Is that spoiler territory?
    No, it isn't.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    @theimage13 : GoT isn't on that weekend, that's the "break" week.

Great episode, though a lot of the episode felt less important in the wake of the trial. Always happy to see more Stannis, though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    That part of the book was terrible. Not terrible as in "that was poorly written," but I just wanted to beat the ever loving shit out of her.
    Damn really? I thought she didn't owe him anything and he was a delusional fuck. I think book Tyrion is really fucked up when it comes to her actually.

Anyways I can't get over how amazing Dinklage's performance was. I've rewatched like 3 times.
    Also loved the Dany scene, which was nice since hers usually annoy me. Nice to see her get checked. Also am I the only one who suspects Emilia Clarke can't act? Weirdly I think she was well cast b/c I find the character to be really wonky and I think her lack of talent brings out that side of the character. LOL but I don't think its on purpose so I kind of chuckle at that.

Loved how casually they dropped the bomb about Jorah being a spy

Preview for next week looks great as well. This might end up being my favorite season (tied with the first) when all is done.
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 05-12-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    It was established in season one that Jorah was spying for Robert.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It was established in season one that Jorah was spying for Robert.
    Dang my bad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    @theimage13 : GoT isn't on that weekend, that's the "break" week.
    I think it's weird they have no problem airing an episode on Easter Sunday, but "oh noes, we can't run a new episode on Memorial Day weekend".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    I think it's weird they have no problem airing an episode on Easter Sunday, but "oh noes, we can't run a new episode on Memorial Day weekend".
    That's not why they're not airing it. They're airing a movie at that time instead I think. They did the same thing last year when that Liberace movie came out.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I haven't been watching regularly and I'm not a Tumblr fanboy, so despite really enjoying both Doctor Who and Sherlock, I had NO idea that Gatiss was in this. As soon as they showed him, I was just staring at someone across the room and thinking "am I going crazy, or is that Mark Gatiss?" Thankfully she'd be trying to figure out why he looked familiar, so that was an easy suspicion to confirm.
    You need to acquaint yourself with The League of Gentlemen, stat!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Game of Thrones

Spoiler if you haven't seen the latest ep

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    You need to acquaint yourself with The League of Gentlemen, stat!
    I was really hoping that Tycho was going to start yelling "THIS IS A LOCAL BANK FOR LOCAL PEOPLE" during that scene.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yes! So glad they included the conversation between Oberyn and Tyrion about his first visit to Casterly Rock.

Also, nice arse, Daario.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Great episode. This season has been great. Can't wait for the next episode.

I really wish each season was more like 13 episodes. It's hard to accept there's only 3 more left!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Dear Hound -
    Beware of people who offer to wash and sew a wound to prevent festering.
    Me nem nesa.
    - Khal Drogo
    Last edited by Baphomette; 05-19-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Did not see that ending coming. Wow.

This 2 week wait is going to suck.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    Also am I the only one who suspects Emilia Clarke can't act?
    Every now and again she manages to say her lines in a way that doesn't completely rip me out of the show... but for the most part, yeah, she's terrible. Maybe I need to go back and watch the first season again, because I don't remember her performance really bothering me then. Now, everything she says seems so forced and heavy handed, and her facial expressions (she seems to have about three) are so over the top.