Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Well, that wasn't the ending I was expecting. So much shit to happen next season.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tonight's finale was kinda weak....

It was a good episode but... for a finale... it was just not up to par at least when you follow last week's.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yea, but got to think that it pretty much ended the first half of that book.

I do have to say, it was filled with a lot of hordor awesomeness.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    It would almost be impossible to top last week's episode.

The opening scene at the Twins was fucking brutal to watch. Nice bit about Bran's story about the Rat Cook and Walder Frey.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    That and i didn't get enough out of some of my fav characters which was disappointing.

Brief scene at the end and that's it until April? uggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I called the Mhysa scene to close the season on my re-read in September. Do I get a prize?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The writing this season seems very much below the first season, not so much these past two episodes. But on the whole this season left me a little underwhelmed compared to the last two.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Everyone's forgetting, this is how every season has gone down so far. All the crazy stuff happens in the second to last episode, and then the finale is pretty tame, and just sets stuff up for the next season.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Imagine the shitstorm that would've went down if they'd ended the season with the Red Wedding though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I called the Mhysa scene to close the season on my re-read in September. Do I get a prize?
    Theon's toy?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Everyone's forgetting, this is how every season has gone down so far. All the crazy stuff happens in the second to last episode, and then the finale is pretty tame, and just sets stuff up for the next season.
    I dunno.... Season 2 ended with the white walkers, that was HUGE.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    But up until that moment, nothing crazy happened in the finale. And that was only like 10 seconds at the end.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I guess i just need to start getting used to the fact that there's so much ground to cover and so many damn characters... there's going to be times where the screen times will be cut short for certain characters, and certain plot details that will interest me more and less than others...that's just the way it is.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 06-09-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Game of Thrones

Wonder if this is going to revive that dick in a box song.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Hopefully, Yara's new quest that they're bringing in will make her appear in every episode.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Today's teefury is a winner. http://www.teefury.com

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Today's teefury is a winner. http://www.teefury.com
    I hope we get the Greyjoy uncles next season. I love those neurotic assholes.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Haven't seen the episode yet, but scanning through comments from raging fans I am completely baffled with one that turns up often:

Spoiler: Many people are really pissed Lady Stoneheart was not shown, which OK, I can understand (at least I can understand wanting to see her, not needing to see her) but seriously, chill out. However, the kicker is that many of them state that "The episode was called Mhysa!! How can they not show Lady Stoneheart if the episode was called Mhysa!?"...Umm, WHAT? When I hear the word "Mhysa", only ONE thing comes to mind, and that is Dany freeing the slaves. Especially considering where the storyline was, how could an episode called Mhysa NOT be about Dany freeing the slaves and, you know, them actually chanting the damn word! Is "Mhysa" even used in any other storyline besides Dany's? Fucking nerd rage at its worst!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ok, that wraps it up... but like in some of those earlier episodes of the season, this episode included each and every storyline into a single episode with the effect that some characters only get a minute or two of screentime. That Daenerys bit at the end, that was wasted this way. This season still seems unfinished this way. We saw Mance Raydar...two times? But the wildlings still want to conquer the Wall, or not? Jaime says "Hello"... and the scene is over... it's obvious that the story of that book still goes on.
    But I liked how this episode transformed the whole "War for the iron throne"-story into the "War for the fate of the world"-story, even if the whole "The zombies are coming!" storyline is turning into a cliché. I mean, the season 2 cliffhanger already showed an army of undead and season 3 almost forgets them again. Anyway, since Daenerys' scene followed Melisandre's "You are a member of his' (the Red God's) army now!" I wonder if Daenerys is a "player" of the Red God, too. My theory about the end of the whole storyline is that at the end of the seventh book, Daenerys becomes the "Lich Queen" (think of World of Warcraft) and then fire has truly defeated ice.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Yes! But Theon's dick was good for another pop culture reference. The bit of ROOSE BOLTON'S BASTARD about "Does your phantom limb still scratch?" seems to refer to "Silence of the Lambs"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I thought the episode was anticlimactic after last week's "Red Wedding." Ending with last week's episode would have been a much better finale than a crowd-surfing Daenerys. That was just cheesy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Game of Thrones

I'm just glad they finally told us who the little prick is (no pun intended) that has been torturing Theon.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I thought the episode was anticlimactic after last week's "Red Wedding." Ending with last week's episode would have been a much better finale than a crowd-surfing Daenerys. That was just cheesy.
    I liked the episode def was one of the weaker eps of the season but I didn't think it was bad. But I totally agree with you Daenerys scene was just a cheesy way to end the season. That part could have been shown earlier in the episode and still conveyed the same message. But I guess they like ending their seasons with her (at least 1 and 3 did she end 2 as well?)

Not a bad episode though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I liked it. I almost like it better having the big shocker episode second to last and using the finale to wrap some things up. Cliffhangers drive me nuts. They have so much to cram in though that it kind of cheats some characters/story lines. Like, for instance, Jaime Lannister. He had a couple mid season episodes that featured him a lot and then they basically forgot about him and on his reveal we only get, "Hello"? I'd have loved to see Tywins reaction to his favorite son and his disfigurement.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I'm just glad they finally told us who the little prick is (no pun intended) that has been torturing Theon.
    Yup, and the timing makes sense too (no idea if it's the same in the books). Before the wedding, the reaction would have been "Who's Roose Bolton? That's a bit disappointing." Whereas afterwards, it's: "Ohhhhh. Well, that explains it."

Poor Theon. Spent the entire season hung on a cross. I'd hate to see the religion that sprung out of that story.
    (I love that I live in a time and place where I won't be burnt at the stake for saying that, by the way.)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Has some creative time on my hands tonight so I went GOT + NIN Ghosts ; Spoiler: Aryas first blood!

Contains season 3 episode 10 spoiler...

Last edited by snaapz; 06-10-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I dont know. THe whole scene with the city of black folks worshiping the white woman like some god mother was a little much.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I dont know. THe whole scene with the city of black folks worshiping the white woman like some god mother was a little much.
    There were a lot of middle-easterners there, too. It was a cliche 'white person saves the natives' scene, but I didn't think it went too far, although it was a bit eye-roll inducing.

I thought overall it was a good episode, its just that the red wedding is a hard act to follow. Any more twists in the episode after that may be a bit much. I liked how there was a quiet moment with Tyrion where he wondered if the madness will ever end, and there was a world-weary awareness about him and his sis.
    Last edited by Millionaire; 06-11-2013 at 10:56 PM.