Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    maybe?

It'll be nice to have books four and five smashed together and told chronologically though. Martin's been saying that book 6 is going to be 1500 pages long though, so maybe they'll have to split that into a couple seasons as well. It's kind of a drag though, and it's the main reason I have a hard time convincing myself to read these sort of long episodic stories. I didn't pick up The Dark Tower until King finished it. It's also the main reason I stopped reading The Wheel of Time after book 1. I saw that there were about ten other books in the series (at the time), each of them a very long read, and that the author had no concrete plans to stop anytime soon and wrap the story up. I just looked at that and said "this guy is just stalling, he's never going to finish these books. He's going to die before he finishes it." And sure enough...
    Wow, 1500 pages... that's the missing-editor-syndrome. As far as I know, the Harry Potter books got bigger and bigger as well. As these series' go on, the authors become more and more convinced that people really, really want to read every tiny detail of their world. That makes me a little queasy... Also, some authors become a prisoner of their own creations. Even Douglas Adams, who wrapped up The Hitchhiker's Guide in a pretty definite way, once said that he intended to write another book to give the series a more optimistic ending (he felt miserable when he wrote the final installment). And Stephen King also wrote another Dark Tower book after he finished the series. Let's see...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure he said the manuscript for the next book will end up being 1500 pages, not necessarily the final release. But I could see it being that long since Dance was over a thousand.

They'll have to do books 4 and 5 at the same time during the show over at least 2 seasons, doing them individually would make no sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ambergris View Post
    And Stephen King also wrote another Dark Tower book after he finished the series. Let's see...
    And that's on top of him saying he intends to rewrite or revise at least the last three books again in order to give it a more complete director's cut feel, as well as hinting that the seven main books are just the beginning of one long meta-novel that he still hasn't completed yet.

On topic, I dunno...I really began to lose interest during A Storm of Swords and I'm finding myself flagging with season 3 too. I liked it when the characters interacted more and weren't spread across the map with nothing connecting them. Remember when Ned Stark and Jaime were throwing insults at each other or when Cersei was threatening him under the tree in Kings Landing? I miss that, as well as the Lannister conspiracy stuff. This season (and book 3 onwards) just feels padded-out and stretched to me; the characters feel lost and the story seems to almost have evaporated. I don't know, maybe I'm losing interest because I've read Feast and Dance, so I already know that the story is not going to really go anywhere particularly soon. [/moan]

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The kissing scene at the top of the Wall was just too Titanic-esque for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did he say "I'm king in the North!"?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Fuck you, Littlefinger! Poor Ros.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Theon and Sansa feels this week. Also, we need a Queen of Thorns spin-off.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Theon's scene made me squeamish.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I liked the Arya/Melisandre scene most. Apart from the North vs Realm-arc and the Battle for the Iron Throne arc, there's also some kind of "divine competition" in the background. (Red God=Stannis Baratheon, Old Gods=the Starks, The Seven=Lannisters, Dragons=the Targaryens) This was a symbolic confrontation between gods. Also, I thought they'd use another Baratheon... Littlefinger's monologue and LOVE ON THE WALL: meh...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Damn, Ros is the hottest character on the show (IMO)...too bad for me.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I don't know, I liked the walltop snogging, it was one hell of a climb and that's how I'd have celebrated. I hope Jon Snow mountaineered her peaks shortly thereafter, regardless of imminent peril and creepy wildling onlookers.
    Nice to have some love and bonding on the show amidst all the torture, betrayal and plotting.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Theon's scene made me squeamish.
    Yeah, but Iwan is nailing (no pun intended) the part of You-Know-Who.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, he was truly relishing the moment.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    So, are they (Theon and Spoiler: the BoB) at Spoiler: the Dreadfort or are they at Winterfell?
    Last edited by Baphomette; 05-07-2013 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure they're at Spoiler: The Dreadfort. Winterfell's in ruins right now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Something that just occurred to me, possible easter egg for Theon's captor's identity: Osha and Meera were flaying rabbits.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Even a book non-reader like me, could figure it out, I guess. It's right there behind Jaime and Brienne in Lord Bolton's room.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Game of Thrones

Oh, I know who's keeping Theon; I just thought it was an interesting similarity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Theon and Sansa feels this week. Also, we need a Queen of Thorns spin-off.
    maybe a "the odd couple" reboot with tywin & the queen of thorns, those two are brilliant no matter who is sharing a scene with them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Oh, I know who's keeping Theon; I just thought it was an interesting similarity.
    Yeah, I just meant in general. Some reviewers on the internet are still playing the "who-could-it-be" game, but I think we're "supposed" to have figured it out by now.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Yeah, I just meant in general. Some reviewers on the internet are still playing the "who-could-it-be" game, but I think we're "supposed" to have figured it out by now.
    Haven't they pretty much announced who he is in the credits?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Haven't they pretty much announced who he is in the credits?
    Nah, his casting annoucement had him credited as "Boy" and it just lists the actors in the end credits.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I don't know how non-readers may have guessed. I don't think there have been any solid clues and you have to keep in mind that it's very hard for a non-reader to keep track of all the characters and their inter-connections with the pace of the show and just a few and far-between references.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Off topic, but @Alexandros , if there was a 'Like' button next to your avatar I'd be clicking it. Or possibly the 'Holy Hand Grenade' button, which I would click three times. Not four times would I click, and not two, unless then progressing to three. Five would be right out.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Nah, his casting annoucement had him credited as "Boy" and it just lists the actors in the end credits.
    Maybe it's just an IMDB thing then?

Warning, clicking that link might be considered a spoiler?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-07-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's just been the worst-kept secret of the show.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Game of Thrones

Just watched this week's episode again. I wish instead of the pan out make out session it would've been a pan out of Orell walking over to apologize for trying to murder them and Jon Snow knocking him out. A random thought I had that made me chuckle

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I was all excited that George was writing this week's episode. Turns out it's probably his worst episode. BAH.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Game of Thrones

Agree, what a let down.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I do have a feeling that the producers fucked with the Theon scene but the bear pit scene was such a mess compared to the book.