Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Its really annoying that they're splitting this season. I get that AMC doesn't want to lose their golden goose just yet, and maybe they want to double dip on the awards, but it just bothers the shit out of me.
    As we have darn explained 99 times, it's because of funding. Splitting it up into two 8 episode seasons is the only way they could get more than about 8 or 10 episodes to finish the series. I'd rather they have 16 episodes to finish it off than have had to force it into 10.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I really don't mind it. Yeah I'm bummed it's just 8 and not 12 for each season, but I'm just glad I got myself properly caught up to be able to watch the last two seasons with everybody else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Oh awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Dave Porter does such fantastic work on the show. I've read in interviews that he wanted to do a soundtrack release, but it was all up to AMC/Sony.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yes! I've been waiting for a score release for quite some time now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    As we have darn explained 99 times, it's because of funding. Splitting it up into two 8 episode seasons is the only way they could get more than about 8 or 10 episodes to finish the series. I'd rather they have 16 episodes to finish it off than have had to force it into 10.
    Each season (except the first) were 13 episodes. They seriously couldn't fund an extra three episodes? I don't believe that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Each season (except the first) were 13 episodes. They seriously couldn't fund an extra three episodes? I don't believe that.
    Believe it!

http://screenrant.com/breaking-bad-s...c-yman-126580/

It was 6-8 episodes that AMC wanted instead of the 13. And it wasn't completely about not being able to fund them, they just didn't want to because they were trying to cut costs. Each episode costs about 3 million though so maybe they were having trouble.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    But why? They have their successful shows. Award winners. Why cut costs? Is it really necessary? Assuming this is also the reason for the whole Mad Men debacle as well. Just doesn't make sense.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Cutting costs for a popular show draws in more profit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ah greed... wonder what they'll do after Mad Men and Breaking Bad end. I think they'll be fucked.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah, they'll be fucked. They have yet to produce another good show. Their best effort, Rubicon, was cancelled after its first season, and it's a damn shame because that one could easily have bloomed out into something spoken about in tones as warm as those reserved for the likes of Mad Men.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Way it looks. They have another year to milk Breaking Bad. And another two for Mad Men. They don't need to "cut costs". They have two of their major shows ending sooner than later, and they're not ready to lose their meal tickets.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Just wrapped up episode 8 of season 3 (Hank's in the hospital. I'm blowing through these faster than I should be, but it's too good to stop watching!), and I've gotta say, I think this might be one of my favorite shows of all time. I'll probably be caught up on the rest of the show halfway through next week, unemployment allowing. :P

Seriously, the level of depth and complexity and the connections between everything in this show is nuts. I wish I'd started watching it sooner.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Man, I blew through the first three seasons in like a week (probably not). Season 4 DVD was far from coming out. A freaked and I mediated started downloading. I wasn't about to wait who knows how long to see what happens. Best decision I made in awhile.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Blast from the past

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    "Say my name"
    "Heisenberg"
    "You're goddamn right!"

Now that's how you start an episode!

Edit - NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Last edited by Piko; 08-26-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post

Edit - NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Seriously. But Spoiler: he's not dead yet - looks gut shot, which is pretty bad, but you never know...maybe someone will take him to Mexico and patch him up. Or maybe I'm just in total denial.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Damn it...

You're in denial. It wasn't a straight shot to the front like in Mexico with a pistol. It was a shot from a revolver that entered from the side.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Pretty sure he's dead. Sounded like he dropped dead to me.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    and, Walt is shrewd and calculating enough I'm sure to actually check his pulse before leaving.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think the worry on Walt's face when saying he could have gotten the names from Lydia was genuine. It could have been genuine anger at himself for doing it, but it also could have been that because now he knows Jesse will never buddy up to him now. Nobody, let alone Mike, would shoot themselves in the gut.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 08-27-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    STUPID TODD AND HIS STUPID FACE (caps)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Damn. Another gut wrenching ending. I have a sneaking suspicion he may not be dead. But wow.

Spoiler: He's dead for sure. Watching the behind the scenes video on AMC and they said it was Jonathan Banks' last episode.
    Last edited by blackholesun; 08-27-2012 at 01:31 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Can't wait to see Jesse's reaction to all this. And I'm a little surprised Mike didn't put up much of a fight. He's a pretty tough guy. The second they showed that mike escaped, I worried for Walt. Especially when looking for him. Was expecting Mike to catch him from behind or something. But nope. Simple at that...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Say my name!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    Say my name!
    That part had me in stitches. I had to rewind the DVR to rewatch that scene after it happened. It was that awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I think that Walt shooting Mike for names he could have gotten elsewhere prove that Walt is no longer the thinking man he use to be or the cold calculating man he seems to have become. He flow off the handle and did something rash out of anger without thinking about why or what the consequence would be. He had the entire drive to meet Mike to think about how to get the names and he still did not think it through. He let his animosity toward Mike cloud his judgement. I don't think this will be the last time either.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I agree Bluegirl ^^^ Also Spoiler: I think Todd is playing dumb. He is acting like he barely understands anything, but I think it is an act. He is taking a lot of notes. He works with chemicals in the pest control operation, and I think he has a better understanding than he is letting on. Once he knows how everything works, maybe he will try to either blackmail Walt with the info., or peddle his knowledge elsewhere.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The one thing thats creeping up that im kind of cautious about is that other crew. Many endings have died by last minute character introducrions. Those can be very tough to pull off cleanly. In light of the fact that Hank is almost certainly going to figure walter out in the next episode, introducing another villain like character at this time kind of worries me... i dont want it to distract from whats really important...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey_mcpot View Post
    i was thinking that scene will be in the last episode of the series.
    Of course it will. And by that point we'll all have forgotten it ever happened, until suddenly everything makes sense. Such is the brilliance of Breaking Bad.

Also, I'm so sad there's only one more ep before the break. With True Blood and Game of Thrones both finished too I have no TV on the go. Might have to start Mad Men?
    Last edited by sukey; 08-27-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    The one thing thats creeping up that im kind of cautious about is that other crew. Many endings have died by last minute character introducrions. Those can be very tough to pull off cleanly. In light of the fact that Hank is almost certainly going to figure walter out in the next episode, introducing another villain like character at this time kind of worries me... i dont want it to distract from whats really important...
    I'm not disagreeing with this, but can you give me some examples of this?