Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The part where Walt is racing to the desert was weird. Really obvious green screen. Cheap chase music and the way Jesse's voice sounded was really un natural. It really felt like Aaron Paul recorded his parts and then Cranston recorded his. I know that in movies this is how it happens but it just felt cheaply done here.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, it did sound kind rushed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was supposed to sound as if Jesse was putting on an act, since he was because he was working with Hank, so he wasn't literally in the desert burning money. Jesse isn't an actor and can't pull off stuff like Walt obviously attempts to and very often succeeds.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elementroejoy View Post
    It was supposed to sound as if Jesse was putting on an act, since he was because he was working with Hank, so he wasn't literally in the desert burning money. Jesse isn't an actor and can't pull off stuff like Walt obviously attempts to and very often succeeds.
    Not even that. In my opinion it seemed sloppy from a production point of view. I mean they atleast could have made Jesse's voice sound like it was coming over the telephone. That isnt hard to do.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    It really felt like Aaron Paul recorded his parts and then Cranston recorded his. I know that in movies this is how it happens but it just felt cheaply done here.
    According to the official Breaking Bad Insider Podcast, Aaron and Bryan recorded that scene/conversation together.

It is talked about here at the 1:00:30 mark:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...166520206&mt=2
    Last edited by p_rez17; 09-10-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    True, heh. Point I'm trying to make is if he truly cared only about himself, why lie? So, he obviously cares some.
    i just think his lies are more about covering himself and not necessarily protecting his family. I don't think he wants to hurt anyone but his deception is about him and his ego. I'm not sure i think its purely out of love.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    the most intense sequence of shots ever

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It aint easy being brown, It aint easy Mr.White!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Not even that. In my opinion it seemed sloppy from a production point of view. I mean they atleast could have made Jesse's voice sound like it was coming over the telephone. That isnt hard to do.
    I still thought it was an great scene, but yeah, the filming and audio production was definitely very weird and distracting. I went back and rewatched it and didn't find it quite as jarring the second time around, but that first time seeing it was like watching some 90s cable show or something. At first I thought it was just my own nitpicking, but I've seen a lot of people mention it now. Given how awesome the show is, it's hard to fault them for one weird scene, it's just unfortunate that it had to happen with such a significant moment.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I read a theory that Jesse was reading a script Hank wrote. Notice that Jesse called Walt, "Walt" instead of "Mr. White". It makes sense. I thought the scene was great, but maybe the music felt off or something. Still, it led to an amazing scene at the end of the episode.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    I read a theory that Jesse was reading a script Hank wrote. Notice that Jesse called Walt, "Walt" instead of "Mr. White". It makes sense. I thought the scene was great, but maybe the music felt off or something. Still, it led to an amazing scene at the end of the episode.
    I kept thinking it sounded like it was pre recorded and they were going to cut to a tape being played back on the other end because Jesse wasn't really reacting to the things Walt was saying either. Would have been kind of interesting that way because it would show how predictable Walt is when it comes to his money.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I really loved how didn't make Jesse sound like he was on the phone, like he was right there in Walts head.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    As soon as the last ep ended I immediately thought of how I wanted the next episode to start.

Opening shot:
    Hank, Gomez, Jesse and Walt are sitting in a bar. Hank and Gomez are a bit dusty with a few scrapes and scratches.
    Hank: "Man, that was some gunfight."
    Gomez: "Hell yeah, it was!"
    Jesse looks at them with that raised eyebrow WTF look and drinks a sip of beer.
    Walt, still in cuffs, drops his head onto the bar and wimpers.
    CUE THEME MUSIC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    It doesn't seem like killing for revenge is in Walt's character - he has always killed to save his own ass. I can't think of any instances of revenge killing.
    You don't consider Mike's killing to be vengeful? Mike basically shits all over him, and they separate... then Walt instantly starts walking forcefully back towards him and instantly shoots him in the chest as he's trying to drive away. Was that necessary? Do you really think Mike would ever turn Walt in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ozymandias
    I met a traveller from an antique land
    Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
    Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
    Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
    And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
    Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
    Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
    The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
    And on the pedestal these words appear:
    "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away.
    - ​Percy Bysshe Shelley

The episode after is called "Granite State", which is the nickname for New Hampshire, so it's my belief that Ozymandias will be the final episode in the current timeline. Which means that almost all of the loose ends should be wrapped up.

Next episode is going to be brutal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know it a fool's mission to try and predict what will happen on Breaking Bad...but....I re-watched this episode and realized that during the actual shoot out we see everyone reacting; Hank and Gomey are shooting and scrambling to get behind the car, Uncle Jack and crew are shooting away, Walt is handcuffed and helpless in the car that is getting shot up and freaking out. During all of this we never see Jesse. The last time we see him is during the tense standoff. He keeps reaching for the car door handle and then changes his mind. I think Jesse escapes during the shootout. The car he is in is away from all the action. He could have opened the door and crawled somewhere. I also think Hank and Gomey don't make it out of this alive. I don't see how that would be possible but you never know with this show and that's why I love it so much!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

You think this means Saul dies since it's a prequel?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope not. Maybe it's a way for the writers to not have to deal with the aftermath of the series.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Saul's the only character that Vince has straight up said does not die. So at least there's that!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Making it a prequel means there's more chance of it being a comedy. I hope they set it in Vegas.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    something tells me Hank gets killed. That's why Walt grabs the ricin and m60 and go take care of them white power folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here is the one and only prediction I am going to write down.

Hank and Gomez die in the fire fight but not before Jessie escapes. Walt tries to call everything off afterward but the Nazis demand that he cook for them. He refuses. They go to his house and kill Skylar. They are the ones who trash the house and write Heisenberg on the the wall to tease Walt out of hiding. Walt uses Sauls guy to disappear with the kids. Jessie can't disappear because he already lost his one chance. Jessie gets caught by the white supremacists who force him to cook for them. Walt comes back since he is dying anyway to kill the Nazis and save Jessie. Walt dies in the attack after killing the Nazis and Jessie takes the Nazi money to Marie who is raising Walt Jr. and Holly to honer Walts dying wish. THE END.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That's too emotional. I can't deal with losing Gomie, Hank, and Skylar in one episode.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm afraid of reading comments in this thread now, seems like some of you know stuff I don't want to know.
    Must
    Not
    Return

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl View Post
    Here is the one and only prediction I am going to write down.

Hank and Gomez die in the fire fight but not before Jessie escapes. Walt tries to call everything off afterward but the Nazis demand that he cook for them. He refuses. They go to his house and kill Skylar. They are the ones who trash the house and write Heisenberg on the the wall to tease Walt out of hiding. Walt uses Sauls guy to disappear with the kids. Jessie can't disappear because he already lost his one chance. Jessie gets caught by the white supremacists who force him to cook for them. Walt comes back since he is dying anyway to kill the Nazis and save Jessie. Walt dies in the attack after killing the Nazis and Jessie takes the Nazi money to Marie who is raising Walt Jr. and Holly to honer Walts dying wish. THE END.
    You might very well be onto something. The ricin will come into play somehow though. That's what will really be the nail in the coffin for Walt. Maybe he'll use it on himself...
    Last edited by Piko; 09-11-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    SOMEBODY has to die to ricin in this fucking show it cant just be hanging around like a 3 year old cheeseburger for everybody to just look at and be afraid of.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chroipahtz View Post
    You don't consider Mike's killing to be vengeful? Mike basically shits all over him, and they separate... then Walt instantly starts walking forcefully back towards him and instantly shoots him in the chest as he's trying to drive away. Was that necessary? Do you really think Mike would ever turn Walt in?
    That is a good point. But I don't think it was thought out revenge. That was impulse and loss of control because Mike disrespected him. I still don't think he would pre-meditate and do a kill out of pure revenge. But as we know, anything is possible with this show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    That is a good point. But I don't think it was thought out revenge. That was impulse and loss of control because Mike disrespected him. I still don't think he would pre-meditate and do a kill out of pure revenge. But as we know, anything is possible with this show.
    True, but it's the first time Walt has "snapped" and killed someone for no practical reason. The bit with the M60 at the end of the show may be his Scarface "final stand" moment where he starts indiscriminately killing (presumably the Nazis, out of revenge).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)