Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    oohhmmmeegerrdddd

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I came to post this too but ya beat me. Still, this news has me PUMPED. I don't think it'll adversely affect how Breaking Bad ended and (to reiterate what I said earlier in this thread) I have complete faith that Vince Gilligan will deliver something great that only adds to Breaking Bad's legacy. He's certainly given me no reason to worry.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Great googly moogly. In a new interview, Bob Odenkirk says not only is a Breaking Bad movie real... It's already secretly been shot?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm hesitantly looking forward to the movie. I love the way the show ended and I kinda wish they would leave it be. Mainly because I don't think I can endure any more heartbreak for these characters. I literally lost sleep over things that happened during the last few episodes of Breaking Bad.

That said, I don't think they would go into this unless they had a really compelling story to tell.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apparently we’re looking at an October 11 Netflix release of the 122 minute “El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie”.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Whoa! That is like 2 years sooner than I anticipated!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I love that the smoke coming from the tires on the poster resemble the smoke effect from the BrBa title card intro.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Well damn, looks like I might have to re subscribe to Netflix for this!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm certainly intrigued, but...it was kind of nice not knowing where Jesse was going to go after he escaped. I feel like the exhilaration of him being free is going to be a bit dampened once we know what happened to him.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I'm certainly intrigued, but...it was kind of nice not knowing where Jesse was going to go after he escaped. I feel like the exhilaration of him being free is going to be a bit dampened once we know what happened to him.

Unless what happens to him is just as exhilarating. It is written and directed by Vince Gilligan, after all. And he hasn't failed us yet.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Unless what happens to him is just as exhilarating. It is written and directed by Vince Gilligan, after all. And he hasn't failed us yet.
    I certainly have faith that it'll be interesting. I guess I was just satisfied with him riding off into the sunset...er, I mean, the night...and haven't really felt a need for any sort of followup. I like that the universe has been expanded with Better Call Saul, but at the moment, this extension feels a little less essential. I'm cautiously optimistic about it though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Vince Gilligan has done really well with Better Call Saul, but that trailer didn't leave me feeling optimistic.....

I'm going to watch it for sure, but I'm not feeling optimistic about it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I really hope it doesn't fall into that "Unecessary" category. I'm trying to keep my expectations somewhat balanced for this.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Alright, I'm getting excited now...

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    And now, finally, the full trailer. I cannot freaking wait!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll watch and enjoy this but we really don't need it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'll watch and enjoy this but we really don't need it.
    With all due respect, we won't know if that's true or not until after we've seen El Camino. You may be right, but I'd argue that Jesse was one of two main characters of the show and as much as I loved the ending, his story was left ambiguously open-ended and somewhat unresolved. A proper conclusion to his arc may bring some closure you didn't know you wanted, not to mention that it'll just be nice to revisit many of the characters and locations from the show. It doesn't feel like an unnecessary and opportunistic nostalgia-fueled cash-grab at all to me, but rather a companion piece to complement the original show and tie up some loose ends. I can't wait.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    With all due respect, we won't know if that's true or not until after we've seen El Camino. You may be right, but I'd argue that Jesse was one of two main characters of the show and as much as I loved the ending, his story was left ambiguously open-ended and somewhat unresolved. A proper conclusion to his arc may bring some closure you didn't know you wanted, not to mention that it'll just be nice to revisit many of the characters and locations from the show. It doesn't feel like an unnecessary and opportunistic nostalgia-fueled cash-grab at all to me, but rather a companion piece to complement the original show and tie up some loose ends. I can't wait.
    +1
    I cannot wait for this.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    ...his story was left ambiguously open-ended and somewhat unresolved.
    I personally didn't find it to be ambiguous or unresolved. The resolution was that Jesse was free from the hell he was in for five seasons. It was his chance to ride off into the sunset, and it didn't matter where he went after that. I understand Breaking Bad's mantra is that nobody gets away scot-free and that everyone suffers in the end, but if anyone deserved to get away, it was Jesse. And who knows, maybe he still will. I just know I'll be pretty disappointed if we go through all of this and he ends up dead or incarcerated. I don't mind them walking that tightrope of will he/won't he get away though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I personally didn't find it to be ambiguous or unresolved. The resolution was that Jesse was free from the hell he was in for five seasons. It was his chance to ride off into the sunset, and it didn't matter where he went after that. I understand Breaking Bad's mantra is that nobody gets away scot-free and that everyone suffers in the end, but if anyone deserved to get away, it was Jesse. And who knows, maybe he still will. I just know I'll be pretty disappointed if we go through all of this and he ends up dead or incarcerated. I don't mind them walking that tightrope of will he/won't he get away though.
    Yeah, he was free, but logic tells me that the police would be hunting him down and a life on the run isn't exactly riding off into the sunset. I agree that it was a mostly acceptable ending and you don't necessarily need to know exactly where he went. As for your statement that "if anyone deserved to get away, it was Jesse," I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree with that sentiment. He has definitely suffered a lot, but he also spent YEARS cooking & selling meth and killed at least two people (though one was in self-defense). As sympathetic of a character as he is, he's certainly not innocent. He may have endured enough suffering at this point to balance that out, but I personally have always wondered what happened next for him. And I highly doubt that they'll kill him. I think he'll go through more hell to fully escape and finally make a new life and fine peace in Alaska or New Zealand.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 09-27-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yeah, he was free, but logic tells me that the police would be hunting him down and a life on the run isn't exactly riding off into the sunset. I agree that it was a mostly acceptable ending and you don't necessarily need to know exactly where he went. As for your statement that "if anyone deserved to get away, it was Jesse," I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree with that sentiment. He has definitely suffered a lot, but he also spent YEARS cooking & selling meth and killed at least two people (though one was in self-defense). As sympathetic of a character as he is, he's certainly not innocent. He may have endured enough suffering at this point to balance that out, but I personally have always wondered what happened next for him. And I highly doubt that they'll kill him. I think he'll go through more hell to fully escape and finally make a new life and fine peace in Alaska or New Zealand.
    I don't see him as innocent. He was dealing drugs even before he teamed up with Walter. However, he at least had a heart and something resembling a conscience, and it's clear by the end of everything that he was through with that life and wanted something new. He may not be innocent, but he at least deserved a chance at redemption, which is what I'm hoping this new film will be about for the most part.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I don't see him as innocent. He was dealing drugs even before he teamed up with Walter. However, he at least had a heart and something resembling a conscience, and it's clear by the end of everything that he was through with that life and wanted something new. He may not be innocent, but he at least deserved a chance at redemption, which is what I'm hoping this new film will be about for the most part.
    I completely agree. And I think most people also feel that way, which is why he will more than likely be redeemed. Like I said, I highly doubt they'll kill him off because, as you put it, he's suffered enough and has a good heart and deserves a shot at redemption. All I was trying to say is that he needs to climb out of the hell he helped create before he can ride off into the sunset, which is what I believe this movie will be: his journey from a hellish living nightmare to redemption and a peaceful life.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Referring to this as "A Breaking Bad Movie" interests me. I wonder if there will be more.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Referring to this as "A Breaking Bad Movie" interests me. I wonder if there will be more.
    It really reminds me of how Star Wars has been branding their stand-alone movies as "A Star Wars Story" and does seem to hint at the possibility that it may not be the only Breaking Bad movie. But who else deserves their own movie? Saul, Mike, and even Gus' stories are already being fleshed out in Better Call Saul. I don't think they have another character that's important and interesting enough to merit their own movie.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It really reminds me of how Star Wars has been branding their stand-alone movies as "A Star Wars Story" and does seem to hint at the possibility that it may not be the only Breaking Bad movie. But who else deserves their own movie? Saul, Mike, and even Gus' stories are already being fleshed out in Better Call Saul. I don't think they have another character that's important and interesting enough to merit their own movie.
    Prequel cop movie with Hank and Gomez

I'm kinda hoping they show up at some point in Better Call Saul.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I don't think they have another character that's important and interesting enough to merit their own movie.
    Walt Jr.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    But seriously, I want a Badger movie soooo bad.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I can't believe how close we are to the movie now. I am so ridiculously excited. I got tickets to see it Friday night.

Like, concerts are my favorite thing in the world and I am seeing my second favorite band Tuesday night and I'm legitimately more excited for this. I'm damn near giddy. I cannot wait.

I am also basically avoiding the internet all day Friday.