Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.08.20 - London, UK @ Scala [Exclusive Club Performance]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Still absolutely gutted of course, but at least there were some funny tweets about it to cheer me up, this guy in particular https://twitter.com/wutang_dan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    Still absolutely gutted of course, but at least there were some funny tweets about it to cheer me up, this guy in particular https://twitter.com/wutang_dan
    "Maybe if Trent spent more money on proper servers and less on shitty online args this could all have been avoided."

<3

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    this one in particular made me slightly less sulky: "The only thing that can make this worse is another How to Destroy Angels album."

EDIT: is there a way to embed tweets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just copy and paste?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    this one in particular made me slightly less sulky: "The only thing that can make this worse is another How to Destroy Angels album."

EDIT: is there a way to embed tweets?
    so many LOLs

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    let drinking commence for me anyway

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    let drinking commence for me anyway
    Damn, I started at about 5.30...

So, as a couple of people have said here, hang around outside and see what transpires re getting in as a +1 on the night - I live 2 hours away. Much point?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well I had to postpone my day till 5pm before I could go to keep fit and then do weekly shop so only starting now. Also raising a glass to those lucky fucks who got a ticket !

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2013.08.20 - London, UK @ Scala [Exclusive Club Performance]

Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Damn, I started at about 5.30...

So, as a couple of people have said here, hang around outside and see what transpires re getting in as a +1 on the night - I live 2 hours away. Much point?
    I travelled from Edinburgh last year to see Jack White at The Roundhouse for iTunes Festival with out winning a ticket, sat in line, asked folk if they were without a plus one and eventually someone said yes and I managed to get in and get one of the best spots at the show .

People will bail out as something has come up etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wonder if this gig broke the London Scala's records for selling out. They were gone by 5.05pm.
    reckon its probably worth going to the venue there will probs be a few unclaimed tickets. I have a feeling they will release a few more not many like possibly 100 before gig maybe 48 hours before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post
    Didn't get one, but I would have had to travel from Austria anyway, so I hope a lot of you and local fans got their tickets. Just make sure this will be recorded!
    Do you have an alternative (Zurich or Milan)?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
    Ugh - that's much worse than I thought. I guess I'll have to book the first plane of the day and get to london at 7.30, have many cups of coffee somewhere nearby and wait 'til the show.
    I'm either going to get a flight the night before or first flight out (most likely), and will probably do the exact same thing. It'll be a long wait but as long as the people are good the chat will get you through it (it has been in my past experience, made some of the greatest friends meeting them waiting in line )

Really would have liked to see more people on this board get tickets, honestly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well if anyone does have a spare, I'll pay face value for it. Any takers?

I'd also queue for an inordinate amount of time to get rail. I've form in that area if no other.

Xxxxxxx

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ^If you give monkeyarse a ticket, I'll throw in a copy of AVOTT (I helped make it, so my copies are completely free).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How many ETSers are thinking of turning up to be a +1? Problem is, It's a 3 hour train trip, and, there is myself and my wife (both, hardcore fans). I'd hate for one of us to get in, though, I'd be happy for just my wife to get in.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm really hoping they release more tickets, to be honest. There must be some people who can't get time of work come Monday (given this sale was at the end of the working week), or that put their names down wrong etc. I know that for the final shows in 2009 they said that if after all the ticketed people went in there was still space (i.e. people not claiming their tickets) they would do a lottery with whoever was outside to let people in.

I still can't quite believe what happened. It's weird that nobody else I know (even Internet-know) got tickets. I even went through a similar scenario last year (Kylie announced tickets to a tiny club tour one week before the event, and she's WAY more famous than NIN) and it didn't turn out like...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I'm really hoping they release more tickets, to be honest. There must be some people who can't get time of work come Monday (given this sale was at the end of the working week), or that put their names down wrong etc. I know that for the final shows in 2009 they said that if after all the ticketed people went in there was still space (i.e. people not claiming their tickets) they would do a lottery with whoever was outside to let people in.

I still can't quite believe what happened. It's weird that nobody else I know (even Internet-know) got tickets. I even went through a similar scenario last year (Kylie announced tickets to a tiny club tour one week before the event, and she's WAY more famous than NIN) and it didn't turn out like...
    More tickets would be sweet, although I'm not sure I can go through that again without several months recovery inbetween. My sister-in-law and her boyfriend got tickets. They're not really big NIN fans - they just gave it a go. She's never seen them live at all, so this will be quite a way to start. It's particularly galling because of the server crash and white screen thing - I'm sure plenty of us never really had a chance, despite being ready and online. Oh well. Will have to hope for a stream of the gig, or pray someone takes a decent vid. I might ask my sister-in-law, actually...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Do you have an alternative (Zurich or Milan)?
    Yes, I'll be at the show in Milan. Zurich would be closer, but it's a festival show. London just would have been a special show, no need to explain why on here haha

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2013.08.20 - London, UK @ Scala [Exclusive Club Performance]

Well then... But does that mean 800 tickets were available or was it less??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's a 1165 capacity venue according to the web pages. How confusing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It means the venue holds 800 people. Whether 800 tickets went on sale is another matter.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    It's a 1165 capacity venue according to the web pages. How confusing.
    I was under that impression also, never been to the venue but a workmate has and that's what she said too. I'm just as confused! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    It means the venue holds 800 people. Whether 800 tickets went on sale is another matter.
    That's what I'm wondering... would be interesting to find out.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It is very confusing then. Maybe 800 went on public and the rest is for freinds, family and press? I guess we'll never know for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hopefully they play it like Qotsa and play the whole album and stream the performance.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuckit View Post
    Hopefully they play it like Qotsa and play the whole album and stream the performance.
    I'm hoping they will play the full album and some deeper cuts that won't be found on the festival circuit but since its my first NIN show I'm happy with anything

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuckit View Post
    I don't think they could fit a cameraphone in there, let alone a crew :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There is a very minor chance that my +1 cannot make it now... I will update in due course but it may be available to some lucky ETSer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    There is a very minor chance that my +1 cannot make it now... I will update in due course but it may be available to some lucky ETSer.
    The question is, who do you choose as your plus 1? I will gladly pay the ticket price and a night of drinks for us both!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
    The question is, who do you choose as your plus 1? I will gladly pay the ticket price and a night of drinks for us both!
    I'll match that and throw in a 'steak meal' (to quote Del Trotter!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'll pay double face value if that helps your decision making any!