Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HM Support Group (pun intended) - NO SPOILERS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    So, the other threads, everyone is raving about how great the album is, 8 ,9 and 9.5 out of 10. How relieving is that?!? I'd hate to wait for the CD knowing everyone was saying it was 'crap' or worse, a 'letdown'.

But everyone seems to love it! Cannot wait till I get my cd!!!
    I'm on the same situation, but now that is leaked and up on stream it's getting harder for me to wait. Arrrrrrrgggg

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus3659 View Post
    To me, it is about the Ritual. These days it is rare for me to buy an album (especially a PHYSICAL COPY... damn your convenience MP3) and open it, read the liner notes, pop it into the home system and listen start to finish. Like, absorb the album as it were. Holy shit, album art. I used to do that all the time... back in those heady days of having lots of free time I guess. But, I honestly thought The Slip was going to be it for NIN. So, I intend to really savour the experience.

It's going to be a long week.
    I was about to say this exact same thing. This could be the last NIN album ever (although I doubt it). Every release should be savoured. The wait is just part of that. I want to listen to the album the way it was intended to be listened to, not via some digital file that I can just download for free with no effort involved.

I couldn't give a flying fuck about the twitter generation and the idea of having everything NOW and wanting MORE before what you just got can be absorbed. Getting a new album should be a special, personal experience. I fully intend to hold on to that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Bless all of you waiters...and coming from a currently spinning leaker--cheers! Keep busy, stay strong.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus3659 View Post
    Oddly, I've been looking practically everyday for it to leak... just to torture myself into not downloading it.

[...]

It's going to be a long week.
    I promised a friend of mine that I would wait until both of us get our physical copies. This will be (hopefully) on friday.

Funny thing is, I even have the leaked mp3 files on my PC right now. So, tell me something about torture...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was totally about to give in when that iTunes preview happened. The little devil sitting on my shoulder tickled me, I was so ready for just a quick one before the actual thing, headphones already on... aaaaaand it's region locked. At first I was kinda pissed, then a grumpy-cat-esque face of self discipline appeared: GOOD. I'll wait. But then, what, oh no, IT'S ON YOUTUBE TOO. Maybe Just Once? Oh, it's full of gaps - GOOD!

So that's it. Friday's basically like tomorrow anyway. Also a fun thing I noticed on my local record store's site: they're selling the Japan import for 50 euro. Price is madness (albeit justified, I guess) but I'd so buy the shit out of it were I not too broke to barely even afford the DE-CD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welp...Guess I'm going off-grid for the next week. x_x

I'm staying strong until I have that fucking vinyl in my hands. Read the Spin article and ran into another track name, but eh, can't stay unscathed forever I reckon.
    We can call ourselves the Hesitants. hahahah.
    Good luck everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still haven't heard a second of HM. None of the singles, none of the live renditions...just waiting for the 3rd; which seems to be taking a while.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

HM Support Group (pun intended) - NO SPOILERS

I really hope my flights back from these shows in Denver don't crash. Dying with the sealed CD sitting in the mailbox at home would be quite a bummer.

Okay, I suppose dying at 28 would kind of stink in general. But still...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Modlife shipped my album yesterday.

Now to just wait a week for it to get here!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Album has shipped! I see some people have received theres already (damn you all!!), but not here in the UK. The wait continues!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine has been shipped but apparently won't be here until Wednesday. So...fucking...frustrating...@#$!$!#*^%!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Scheduled Delivery Day:
    September 7, 2013

>.<

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I gave in when it went up on itunes. I figure that's legit - if NIN puts it up for me to hear, I'm fine with hearing it. And now that I've heard it, I'm *really* fine with hearing it if you get my meaning.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    "No tracking available"

Aww, cheers for that modlife.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Scheduled Delivery Day:
    September 7, 2013

>.<

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I see you aren't used to waiting, say, 3 months for your order to show up, right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I went to a few local record stores today, hoping they had some copies in the back room and I could talk them into selling me one on the long weekend to enjoy, one store told me it was coming out at the end of September, the other said they could order it for me. I told them not to bother, I'll just go to HMV during my lunch on Tuesday. Have only heard the 3 singles released and skipped the other new tracks on the live concert feeds, but man these last few days of waiting are painful!

I would have preordered the Deluxe cd, but I was so dissapointed with Welcome Oblivion when I preordered it, got the digital copy and listened to it non stop, then several weeks later the cd shows up and it seemed pointless. I opened it, looked at the artwork and stuck in my cd shelf.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

HM Support Group (pun intended) - NO SPOILERS

Shipping confirmation, hoozah! So close. Soooooo close. Now, to figure out which tasty beer to accompany the inaugural listening. Maybe that two year old bottle of Older Viscosity has finally mellowed a bit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Release day bump, for those hopefully consuming this record by now.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Oy, mail: fucking hurry up!