Page 26 of 137 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Word is a Deadpool sequel has already been greenlit. Damn, can't wait for Friday night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised. It's not even out yet and it already seems to be friggin huge. It's been a while since I've seen this much hype for a movie.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Next week's Agent Carter looks so good!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Peggy, Dottie, and Whitney.... oh my!!!!! That is a 3-way dance I would want to see. 3 gorgeous ladies going womano a womano a womano....

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Deadpool was a blast! Violent and hilarious. Just what I needed!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Deadpool was absolutely amazing. Fox did an extremely great job on handling Deadpool. It was hilarious, violent, perverted and everything else a Deadpool movie should be. From breaking the 4th wall multiple times, to making pop culture references, to even jabbing at DC and even taking jabs at himself (as in Ryan Reynolds), it was just amazing. I haven't had that much fun with a comic book movie since the Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Deadpool was absolutely amazing. Fox did an extremely great job on handling Deadpool. It was hilarious, violent, perverted and everything else a Deadpool movie should be. From breaking the 4th wall multiple times, to making pop culture references, to even jabbing at DC and even taking jabs at himself (as in Ryan Reynolds), it was just amazing. I haven't had that much fun with a comic book movie since the Guardians Of The Galaxy.
    Deadpool blew Guardians out of the water. This movie was everything I could have hoped for and even more! The jokes were perfect, there were very few times that nobody in my theater was laughing, the backstory was just enough and wasn't a drawn-out half-hour like every other superhero movie, the violence was awesome, but not over-the-top, the side-characters were actually good characters in their own right, the fourth-wall-breaking was hilarious and not over-done, the villains were *perfectly* mediocre so that they were a good threat but no big-name bad-guys that needed their own origin so we got a superhero movie that was actually all about the hero for once... The only thing I didn't like about it is that it's so funny I missed a bunch of jokes because I was laughing so hard, but I knew from the start that I'd be seeing it more than once so that's fine.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i hate that when you watch shows on a streaming platform, they don't include a preview of the next episode anywhere.

anyway, this week's episode was great. i love rose so much. i had cordelia flashbacks when Spoiler: peggy fell onto that rebar.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Rose is awesome!

I almost started crying during that scene with Peggy.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Rose rules. Please, make her a regular. I loved that scene where she, Peggy, Sousa, Jarvis, and that scientist all walk in slow motion as I thought it was a nice-homage of sorts to Reservoir Dogs.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Deadpool was everything I'd hoped for. The end.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Saw Deadpool again tonight with my girlfriend.

That Ronnie Milsap line still kills me!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Deadpool kills all the box office records

I am so insanely happy about this. I'm happy as a fan but I'm mostly happy for Ryan Reynolds. He had faith in this movie when no one else had. He showed respect for the source material and for the fans. And it worked.

Are you listening, movie studios?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    haha man, what a great movie. this was an absolute joy-ride with way too many references not to get a kick out of it. some jokes might have been a bit tiresome but overall this was a fucking nice introduction to the character. Colossus and Angel Dust were quite bad though but I was glad that the movie really centered around Deadpool. It could get a bit darker for the sequel I hope but other than that I had lots of fun. It may not be a true movie on its own but a nice culture statement within its very universe. Hope the sequel is coming soon. The scene on the highway was probably one of the best I have seen in a comic book movie in ages.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Doesn't Bernthal come off as a bit too thuggish for Frank Castle?

Trying to suspend my disbelief, i really hope i come around after I've seen season 2.

Frank to Matt "you know you're one bad day away from being me" and i just feel like Frank is one "y'all" away from being Shane from The Walking Dead. -_-

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I got to admit it's a good line. Plus, how can you play Frank Castle and not seem even a little thuggish?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I got to admit it's a good line. Plus, how can you play Frank Castle and not seem even a little thuggish?
    Seriously. What am I missing here? Ever read the War Zone series? Thuggish is one way to say it lol.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    What i mean by thug = in terms of fitted baseball cap wearing, hold my gun sideways and pop a cap in your ass kind of attitude as opposed to a dead inside straight forward and brutal stone cold executioner, that's just the vibe i get from Bernthal whether or not he actually acts that way for the character it's just how he comes across to me, it's almost as if just out of frame he has a backpack full of spray paint cans from a late night tagging spree.

I can't seem to separate him from Shane i think it's one of my biggest problems.

EDIT:

I look at this guy and he doesn't look ready to drop a freestyle or something, he's just a total wrecking ball of no fucks given.

Bernthal on the other hand......
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 02-15-2016 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm not getting that vibe at all. But I've also not seen one episode of TWD. I just remember him from Wolf of Wall Street and more recently in Sicario.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 02-15-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Deadpool was awesome, but the Dad sitting a few rows in front of us who brought his 7- and 9-year-old kids is going to have some explaining to do...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vvdravenvv View Post
    Deadpool was awesome, but the Dad sitting a few rows in front of us who brought his 7- and 9-year-old kids is going to have some explaining to do...
    not only the father...but the movie theatre.. wait a go enforcing the Rated R.

I watched it today. It's full of heart, passion, humour and fun. It's definitely in the top 40 percent of superhero films. It's just an enjoyable film with some really stand out moments of gruesome ridiculous humour (don't want to give away any of it).

The main bad guy was nothing to really remember. Just a generic bad guy. Although he does have some sadistic moments that are cool. I just wish he had more character. I'm not even sure if he is a part of the original Deadpool comic book world. I have to check Wikipedia on that.

It's a small film and seemingly grassroots. They did super well with what they had.

I give it a 7/10. That means I definitely enjoyed it. Saying that, I'm still thinking about parts of the film that were just really stand out funny and cool. FUN movie.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 02-15-2016 at 11:41 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    not only the father...but the movie theatre.. wait a go enforcing the Rated R.
    R Means RestrictedAccording to the MPAA, an R rating signals that the movie contains several adult situations, such as violence, drug use, sexuality, and profanity. The restricted rating means that no one under the age of 17 will be admitted into an R-rated movie without a parent or guardian who is over the age of 21.

http://www.mademan.com/mm/rated-r-mo...#ixzz40J6Uc6YB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I saw it Sunday night and thank fuck I was high before going in. There were way too many forced jokes like the "less angry Rosie O'Donnell". Sounded like something some dipshit youtuber would say. The jokes that did work were funny. It's like someone wrote a decent and funny script and then some asshole came along and was all "WE NEED MORE JOKEZ!!! LOLZ!!!!!" and filled it up as much as they could with a bunch of cringe-worthy parody film level of bad jokes. The antagonist was way on the generic side. Also, mocking cliches while having them were also another turn off. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it way more than what Marvel has been putting out since the first Iron Man. This, Iron Man 1, and Guardians of the Galaxy are my favorite of these Marvel movies. I just feel like this could have been better and was successful mostly only because of the hype. I know a lot of people who have never even heard of Deadpool and are all of a sudden "hardcore fans."

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Oh my god, I've never laughed so much over a movie!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Oh my god, I've never laughed so much over a movie!
    i'm debating seeing this even though i swore off marvel, cuz it is deadpool.

humm... did you think trainwreck was really funny?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Haven't seen it and I don't really care for Amy Schumer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Deadpool was great. It may of not had the best villain, but it was not needed. The main objective was to introduce Deadpool. A character that cracks off the wall jokes, kills bad guys and is aware that he being viewed by an audience. Marvel even managed to cast Ryan in a role that works for him. I couldn't imagine it being much better, and I was doubting that it would be that good to begin with.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    for a movie that covered so much ground and had to tie up a lotta lose ends in the deadpool cinema world, that movie was impressive. it kept it's hyper pace and pulled off an almost 2 hour movie without it feeling that long at all.

deadpool 2 will be great.