Page 132 of 137 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 4099

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I think Majors may be done. There are now multiple women who have come forward against him according to Variety. And the woman he choked in the cab in NYC was a co-star in Ant-Man 3. He's been dropped from a bunch of projects, Valentino dropped him as a model for an upcoming line too. Seems like Marvel might have to re-cast. The real tough question is what to do about Loki season 2.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Honest question... I stopped towards the end of Phase 2 (never saw Ant-Man). Is there honestly any point in trying to watch all of these? 31 movies, I dunno how many series, shorts, and about 20 more in production ranging from 2023–TBA for release date.

It's not so much that it seems overwhelming... is the MCU honestly worth it after Phase 2 (as a whole)?
    Phase 3 has most of my favorite MCU movies, so you should definitely at least check these out:

• Captain America: Civil War
    • Spider-Man: Homecoming
    • Avengers: Infinity War
    • Avengers: Endgame

If you enjoy those and feel like continuing, I'd also recommend:

• Thor: Ragnarok
    • Black Panther
    • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    • Spider-Man: Far From Home

As for Phase 4, the top things I'd recommend are the following:

• Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
    • Spider-Man: No Way Home
    • Loki

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I think Majors may be done. There are now multiple women who have come forward against him according to Variety. And the woman he choked in the cab in NYC was a co-star in Ant-Man 3. He's been dropped from a bunch of projects, Valentino dropped him as a model for an upcoming line too. Seems like Marvel might have to re-cast. The real tough question is what to do about Loki season 2.
    At least the easiest thing to do with Variants is to just use someone else. Loki had an alligator ffs so this should be the easiest thing to do. Just redo some key ending scene with a different actor 'killing' the Kang we have so far and say "I'm the true conqueror!" or something and boom, we're cooking with gas.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So I'm re-watching the entire MCU in release order (including series' [selected AoS episodes that more tie-in with the movies and the large themes], One Shots and Special Presentations... and 8 of the X-Men movies)... (I can post a list if anyone wants... Disney+ has everything but The Incredible Hulk)

We just finished up to the "Item 47" One Shot after "Marvel's The Avengers" and that gave me a moment to pause and think of my favourite characters so far.

I'm leaning heavily towards Captain America. Bucky was good too (RIP ... side eye). I like Black Widow but not as much.
    Agent Carter is good. Agent Coulson was good (RIP ... side eye) but in a different way than Carter.
    Lt. Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes I liked in Iron Man 2 but Iron Man it did give him a solid base to work from.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 04-28-2023 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    aaaaahhhhh screw it, I'm posting a link since I've made an epic tumblr post with the list...

MCU Watchlist

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I saw Guardians vol. 3 last night and I absolutely loved it. It was very emotional and had a lot of heart, but it still had plenty of laughs, too. Great villain, great origin story for Rocket, and a great way to end the trilogy. The Guardians trilogy is a contender for the MCU's best trilogy, along with Captain America's and Spider-Man's.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I saw Guardians vol. 3 last night and I absolutely loved it. It was very emotional and had a lot of heart, but it still had plenty of laughs, too. Great villain, great origin story for Rocket, and a great way to end the trilogy. The Guardians trilogy is a contender for the MCU's best trilogy, along with Captain America's and Spider-Man's.
    Alright, spoil me! Who lives, who does? Are there mutants? Lol

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Not really posting for anyone to watch, just for the screencap there where it looks like Jesse Plemons got Star-Lord instead. or that hot pocket guy, Jim Gaffigan? if you squint?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I thought Guardians 3 was really great but man, needs a trigger warning for animal cruelty for sure.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I know the movie is out today but come on youtube videos, stop putting spoilers in your titles/thumbnails. I've had a character appearance spoiled for me now on both fronts. sigh.

UNRELATED...go to 6:26 and listen to the story of who does/does not die in the film.

Last edited by allegate; 05-05-2023 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Really enjoyed this one although I really do have a feeling these movies could be better if they didn't need to be somehow interconnected following the bigger storylines for the MCU.

Kinda let down by Adam Warlock though, but I really dug the whole backstory to Rocket and how emotional and grim it was in parts. And I really warmed up to Karen Gillan I guess as I thought the girls (Zoe Saldana and Pom Klementieff) really owned this movie.

I'm just a little bit irritaded by the darkness of the movie as some of the violence would have made Multiverse of Madness more like it should have been in the first place.

Spoiler: The ending was nice and all and definitely touching here and there, yet I was surprised that really nobody died in the end and all of them just kind of went their ways... I was pretty sure that either Rocket or Drax would get a big heroic finale. And what? Star Lord will return? I was quite surprised by that title card at the end.

Some little flaws but surely one of the best MCU flicks in quite a while for me!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

So Loki is weekly and Echo is the entire season? Methinks they’re dumping it for some reason.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    So Loki is weekly and Echo is the entire season? Methinks they’re dumping it for some reason.
    I saw Marvel's post yesterday on FB, but I didn't notice that ALL episodes of Echo are being released all at once until you pointed it out. That IS pretty odd, as every single other Marvel show on Disney+ has been released one episode at a time (well, except for the I Am Groot shorts). I wonder what the reasoning behind that decision is?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    It's either a bad show and they wanna move on right away (but in that case they prolly wouldn't highlight this aspect of it 6 months out), or they're just experimenting. The show has approx. zero buzz (I'm a BIG DD comic reader, and Echo has never done anything for me) so maybe they feel like it will hold onto viewers if we can just binge it and move on. I imagine the shows that didn't do well like She-Hulk & Ms. Marvel lost viewers as the weeks went on.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    saw GotG III tonight. Great movie overall, with only some minor quibbles. WAY improved over the last one.

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

random positive thoughts:

- loved the subtle odes to Gunn's past in horror: H.E. getting his face ripped off, the bloody close up on Rocket being tortured, the animal experimentation stuff in general, the look of the organic planet and the costumes there.
    - nice cameo from Nathan Fillion. Of course fits in perfectly in a movie like this for many reasons.
    - finished special effects look alot better than rushed special effects. Marvel, let ALL your properties take their time on this front PLEASE.
    - that one take epic fight scene in the spaceship corridor with everyone was rad as fuck.
    - "her dad threw her off a magic cliff"
    - great performances from the ladies, as said above. Drax gets so many good lines too.
    - Howard the Duck!
    - some AMAZING needle drops in this one (In The Meantime, Do You Realize, We Care Alot, Dog Days) mixed in with the eye rollers (Creep & No Sleep...)
    - I really like H.E. as the villain, and I really liked how this story was (relatively) small in scope. That's def. not how H.E. is typically portrayed in the books, but i see the reason for the more manic performance here and it makes sense.
    - Mantis having the guard fall in love with Drax

random negative thoughts:
    - no stakes. Really was surprised no one died after all the hinting towards the opposite we seemed to be getting. Marvel needs to have some balls & knock off some important good guys sometimes so we're more invested in these movies.
    - Chris Pratt runs weird
    - I imagine locking in someone like Sly Stallone is a bit of a process & requires some effort. Are we ever gonna actually use him? I imagine the Ravagers were slotted for a much bigger role here but then it got reduced or something.
    - What exactly are we doing with Adam Warlock? Bad enough that his race's seemingly important & fancy pants place in the universal hierarchy was a swerve & they're simply another of H.E.'s experiments, but this potentially omnipotent character was lost in this movie. The build-up here has been going on for a LONG time, & we didn't see much here. Adam Warlock has an origin similar in some ways to what we saw here, but I wasn't a fan of what they did with him overall here.
    - the Rocket Goes To Heaven sequence went on way too long, and got cringey with some of the ridiculous lines that came from his friend, coupled with that "kiss". They should have got in & got out with that much quicker.
    - Really was not a fan of Groot saying I Love You Guys. All these properties just can't help themselves, can they? Same thing with The Mandalorian & his helmet in season 2.
    - I felt like the big battle at the end worked better when it was just on the two ships. It got too big when H.E. released his hell beasts or whatever onto Nowhere. Looked like a buncha nonsense.
    - was annoyed that they jammed that creature that was meant to be cute into everything as we got into the third act. This movie has enough going on, do we really need another alien creature in the mix, especially when it's only there to ostensibly be cute/appealing to kids. I thought the CG here was trash too & unlike most of the rest of the CG in the film.
    - super weak end credits scenes

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally watched Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, and while I did enjoy the whole ride... I also feel that there were too many characters competing for space. Or time. Or space/time. Whichever.

I did like Scott's probability storm and how that could be seen as a manifestation of anxiety... and how the clarity of thought/purpose helps resolve that.

"DARREN!@?"

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Deadpool started filming. In a weird sense of ironic fate the first time we saw Deadpool was during a writer's strike and we got Wolverine Origins.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Deadpool started filming. In a weird sense of ironic fate the first time we saw Deadpool was during a writer's strike and we got Wolverine Origins.
    We'll see how long that lasts. SAG and DGA strikes could happen any day now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Interesting…

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    thought this was a fun easter egg way back when on the DVD, hope we see something similar now.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse was the most thrilling experience I've had in a cinema in a long-ass time.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Across the Spiderverse might be my favorite animated movie of all time. The styles they used for the villain (you know exactly what part I’m talking about if you’ve seen it) were out of this world

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    loved across the Spider verse. I'd say it would have benefited if say 10 mins of it were cut throughout the film (my gf and I felt it dragged a bit) , but it was easily the best animated film I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Echo all the above sentiments. Kept saying to myself "I have never seen something like this in an animated movie". Movie could have been shorter for sure, and I am getting tired of multiverse/interdimensional stuff in general, but the movie was still absolutely incredible. Need to see it a few times to catch everything...it's a total sensory overload...probably moreso than the first one. And the easter eggs....my god. There was like a million of them. LOVED the Ben Reilly stuff the most.

I really liked what the movie was trying to do with canon, continuity, meta type things....was really playing around with conventions in storytelling with IP like this.

Next one is shaping up to be crazy.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Psyched for this one. Spoiler: From the leaks and casting annoucements, this one picks up a lot of threads from the Edward Norton Incredible Hulk film, which is really cool. Harrison Ford now in as as 'Red Hulk/General Ross', but Liv Tyler is returning, as is Tim Blake Nelson as The Leader. Very interesting choices made for this film but I hope they pull it off well. I also hope it leads to World War Hulk.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The people who made Spider Verse are clearly working several levels above whatever other creators are working in this genre. It just felt like it was so far ahead of everything out there the art was obviously stellar, but I also liked how well they characterized Miles and a deeper depiction of anti-police sentiment when spider stuff is usually very pro- cop. Spider Punk I think was an obvious break out character here. I do think the movie struggled to convince me that all of those spider men would side against Miles and in the process unwittingly character assassinated many of them. But the rest of the movie worked so well, it's hard for me to get hung up on that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    The people who made Spider Verse are clearly working several levels above whatever other creators are working in this genre. It just felt like it was so far ahead of everything out there the art was obviously stellar, but I also liked how well they characterized Miles and a deeper depiction of anti-police sentiment when spider stuff is usually very pro- cop. Spider Punk I think was an obvious break out character here. I do think the movie struggled to convince me that all of those spider men would side against Miles and in the process unwittingly character assassinated many of them. But the rest of the movie worked so well, it's hard for me to get hung up on that.
    that's actually the easiest thing to explain away. 2099 kept saying how bad it was when his universe died and no one else was there when it happened so they would believe him before Miles when he says that this is a problem. Then you have the Spider-Verse character experience where they were all glitching and it makes sense to them.

But then there's the slow descent into making it personal because Miles gets to have it all - the dad, the captain, the family - so then Miguel just got more and more against him, eventually turning the Spider-Verse characters to Miles side plus the other two. It'll be a big "are we the baddies?" conversation in the next movie, I think.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)