Page 39 of 137 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 4099

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finally watched Deadpool and it was SO GOOD. i fucking loved it. currently making my way through the special features.

the deleted scene where he gets hit by the car and then wakes up in the body bag in the morgue made me laugh SO HARD.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I think MY favorite extended scene is his argument on the freeway with Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead, lol.

I'd highly recommend listening to BOTH commentary tracks when you get the chance, btw. Lots of neat little details. A few of my favorites were that Ryan Reynolds personally paid $10,000 to a charity in honor of Bea Arthur to wear the "Maude" shirt for like 5 minutes, his criminal background with the whole "Regina, Saskatchewan" bit, and the fact that the name "Dopinder" is an homage to a childhood friend of his who died being struck by lightning when he was young.

Honestly, I never really cared much about Deadpool in the comics but OMFG it is a GREAT fucking movie!

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL.

XD

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finally started READING jessica jones today (read through Alias volume 1, which collects the first 9 issues) and, though it's good, i don't love it nearly as much as the show. i am, however, really glad i've finally figured out how to read graphic novels (any previous attempts found me literally ignoring the illustrations and only reading the text; i've had to train my brain).

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Sooo...speaking of Deadpool and Negasonic Teenage Warhead, does anyone know anything about the copyright dirt on that?

It was LITERALLY the first song I EVER heard by Monster Magnet, way back in whatever issue of "CMJ" came with it on the accompanying CD. I know Grant Morrison kicks ass and has GREAT taste in music, so I'm sure it was NBD to begin with, but SURELY Marvel had to work out a deal with them EVENTUALLY, right?

I mean, I know Marvel is Marvel...but we're talking about a POST-IMAGE EXODUS character.

Has anyone EVER addressed this?!?

o_O

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Daredevil season 3 teaser dropped, I dig it. Defenders teaser too, but no footage...just Stick talking to them. "You think you'll save this city? You can't even save yourselves."

Luke Cage drops Sept. 30 and they officially begin work 'soon' on The Punisher series.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Man they are knocking it out of the park with their netflix universe. I hope hey never cross over to the movies.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    those trailers all looked good. Part. Luke Cage...the ODB music had me dying. Loved it.

I'm sure they will fuck this up though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Black Panther casting announcement as SDCC: Lupita is playing Nakia, Michael B. Jordan as Erik Killmonger and Danai Gurira as Okoye, head of the Dora Milaje!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Brie Larson confirmed for Captain Marvel.

Hmmm, Brie's a fab actor but I think Carol was cast too young.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    agreed. maybe theyre starting young b/c they're thinking long term with the character?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I have a cape:

How do you know an actor is absolutely perfect for a role? He looks fantastic in his character's somewhat ridiculous costume.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Daredevil season 3 not releasing until 2018.

I believe I speak for everyone when I say FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKK

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    But we have iron fist, luke cage, the defenders and many comic movies coming out to keep us distracted.

But yea, its a long wait.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    so daredevil season 3 is turning into elektra vs. daredevil as hard as they can? i dont know the comics but that doesn't seem to matter at this point.

everything about daredevil has been flawless from a noncomic standponit so far imo.

punisher series, elektra series, luke cage, defenders ugh.......2018 i cant wait.

as ive been getting older im happy to race through the years to get to these points. life could be worse
    Last edited by TheyCallMeDrug; 08-13-2016 at 02:09 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Confession time (please don't hurt me, anyone): I never could get into Daredevil. I cannot explain why. I've tried though but I just get bored and I give up.

But I cannot wait for Iron Fist.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    First official Homecoming poster:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    not liking the black along the waist and boots, but it's not the end of the world.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Zendaya is cast as.... Mary Jane Watson for Spider-Man: Homecoming: http://www.thewrap.com/zendaya-spide...y-jane-watson/

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    At this rate, Spider-Man is going to out black Black Panther.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'll just drop this link here and let you figure out why it's awesome (a hint: post-it). It's from the set of Thor Ragnarok.

https://twitter.com/Daley_Pearson/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

By the way, the director of the movie just posted a huge spoiler on Twitter: apparently, Chris Hemsworth is in the movie.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    They just keep teasing Cap's shield to Bucky.

@marodi: Did you see Odin on set?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-harmon-922236

Dan Harmon, hero to all, is doing a pass on Doc Strange. My interest has elevated. This is the first Marvel movie that I was less than excited about (fuck Sinister and AICN). Cumbercratch is not my favorite....I think he's overrated and I was never that into Strange but Harmon? I'd follow him through the Mists of Avalon, so I'll for sure be checking out the movie now.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-24-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    hot take!!!!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I swear it was meant to be more of a positive post than it turned out to be. I spent more space explaining the reasons I was apprehensive than why Harmon coming on is the best thing that could've happened. It's like Feige went, "WHAT? What do you mean we don't have Dave hooked yet?! Well fuck! Get me Dan Harmon, stat!"

Balderdash Cumberbun is just lady (or gentleman, if you prefer) nerd crack and really, there's nothing wrong with that. I haven't enjoyed seeing him in anything, really. I don't think he's my cup of tea. That's all.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-25-2016 at 07:18 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post

@marodi: Did you see Odin on set?
    Oh yes and apparently he's insane and homeless? Damn it, Loki! :P

And then there's this

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Just watched my Blu-Ray of Civil War. I might have enjoyed this viewing more than when I saw it in the theatre, b/c it was much easier to follow now that I know the story. God, the airport fight scene might be the best in any superhero movie. Certainly the most fun and creative.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    luke caaaaaaaaaaaaage. gimme gimme gimme

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    luke caaaaaaaaaaaaage. gimme gimme gimme
    Im looking forward to this series the most. Luke Cage is one of my favorites. I can't wait to see what they do with The Punisher series either.