Page 38 of 137 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 4104

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    The only difficulty I had getting through "Jessica Jones" was the fact that I stayed up till 3 am to catch the Season Two premiere and I'd bought 2 liters of Vodka the night before to match everyone in the show shot-for-shot while I watched the entire thing in one sitting.

Almost died but WORTH IT.

Man, she's a bad bitch.

<3
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    season 2 hasn't come out yet...ARE YOU FROM THE FUTURE!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Exactly zero percent of that story is surprising given what I know about Haz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    .... are you saying you drank as much as everyone drinks in all of Jessica Jones in a single sitting after 3am? Dafuq?
    You're goddamned right!

"Form follows function," and all that.

Although, I obviously was a bit mixed-up when I said Season Two, but I did the same thing for "Daredevil" and "Jessica Jones" IS kind of a second season for that show before it actually got one, so I stand by my earlier statement despite the unevenness of the terrain, lol.

GOOD TIMES.

XD

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    So...that SHIELD finale...um yeah. I literally didn't care about anything that happened, and nothing exciting for next season was set up. You're killing me with this show Marvel. I WANT it to be good.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    With news that the Inhumans movie has been shelved, it seems a bit pointless that they've been setting them up these past two seasons.

@bobbie solo: I don't think anyone really answered your question about Steve finding out Bucky killed Stark's parents, so here's my take on it. Yes, Zola mentioned Hydra eliminating threats over the years and a shot of newspaper headline about Stark's death appears onscreen but I think that was more for the audience to piece together than Steve. I don't think Steve found out until he started reading the KGB files Natasha gave him at the end of The Winter Soldier. She did warn him about digging too deep.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    With news that the Inhumans movie has been shelved, it seems a bit pointless that they've been setting them up these past two seasons.

@bobbie solo: I don't think anyone really answered your question about Steve finding out Bucky killed Stark's parents, so here's my take on it. Yes, Zola mentioned Hydra eliminating threats over the years and a shot of newspaper headline about Stark's death appears onscreen but I think that was more for the audience to piece together than Steve. I don't think Steve found out until he started reading the KGB files Natasha gave him at the end of The Winter Soldier. She did warn him about digging too deep.
    ah I see. I don't remember that. I think it will all flow better if i watch Winter Soldier and Civil War back to back. Watching Civil War on opening night with a full theatre was like a big wave hitting me all at once. Hard to take everything in.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I watched the first two Captain America movies before seeing Civil War for that very reason. The movie still hit me like a sucker punch, especially in the the third act.

You guys, I just have a lot of feelings about Bucky's mental health, okay. I just want him to be happy.​

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I think part of the magic the MCU is losing is that it used to really seem like everything was uolding and building towards something, but the more installments they add the more it's clear that there is very little plan at all.

I know civil war was pretty good, but it displays part of a forfeiture of the 3 most exciting parts of the MCU: building towards a pay off, throwing together heroes established on their own merits (i.e. Daredevil instead of Black Panther, Jessica Jones instead of Scarlet Witch) and the notion that we are building towards a carefully planned pay off.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I think part of the magic the MCU is losing is that it used to really seem like everything was uolding and building towards something, but the more installments they add the more it's clear that there is very little plan at all.

I know civil war was pretty good, but it displays part of a forfeiture of the 3 most exciting parts of the MCU: building towards a pay off, throwing together heroes established on their own merits (i.e. Daredevil instead of Black Panther, Jessica Jones instead of Scarlet Witch) and the notion that we are building towards a carefully planned pay off.
    I definitely enjoyed Civil War, as it was pretty much exactly what I was expecting, but I agree for the most part. I can't remember the last time a Marvel movie ended and it felt like a self-contained & complete story. By the end of Civil War, it felt like there was no finality, and thus no gravitas... especially now that the post-credits scenes (plural!!) are a foregone conclusion. What started as fun easter eggs now just undermine the "real" endings.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    You do realize Infinity War has been an end game since the first Avengers movie, right?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ Basically what I was thinking while reading that, too.

Except we know the MCU is already mapped out WAY further than just that!

:)
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 05-19-2016 at 10:09 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm watching the season one finale of agents of shield and crying. Like. A. BITCH.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    got back from the new Xmen. I liked a lot. big bold, dumb, mutant fun.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Somewhat relevant, that totally reminded me of this:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh Michael Keaton. A fucking legend. NOW YOU WANNA GET NUTS! COME ON, LET'S GET NUTS!

That clip made me laugh. I hope he stays on board and has a scene with Tony Stark and goes Beetlejuice on him.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    is Lady Sif still in the movie? i remember reading something about her not being a part of it (which would be a huge bummer, since she's my favorite character from the Thor movies, and her appearance on SHIELD was fantastic).

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yeah, she is in, @eversonpoe .

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    She has a popular tv show on NBC so her film schedule may be limited.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    your film schedule may be limited.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    your film schedule may be limited.
    Boom. Roasted.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Been trying to articulate my exact feelings on Civil War since I saw it, and yet again, FilmCritHulk comes in to say what I'm not smart enough to:

Civil War, Spider-Man 2, and the Dangers of Assumed Empathy

I've already stated in the thread that I truly enjoyed the movie, but I barely felt the stakes, because Marvel movies "don't get to have endings." When Civil War directly referenced Empire Strikes Back, I was really hoping it was setting up a downer conclusion and/or avoiding the status quo. Unfortunately not.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Revelations from my umpteenth screening of Captain America: Civil War last night!

Remember how the Avengers were conned by Fury into uniting after Coulson's death?

Yeah, TOTAL shout-out to comic-collecting fanboys!

Well, HOLY FUCK.

When Steve and Tony officially part ways and break up the team it's THE SAME GODDAMNED DYNAMIC, except with Tony's dad's collectable pens.

"Here. I'd hate to break up the set."

Brilliant!

And OMFG I was already scouring Wanda's room for little character details (the acoustic guitar and sheet music stand seem to play off Coulson's cellist romance, there's a globe with Sokovia in red and maybe a few other countries she's visited, and a couple leather-bound old-world books and stuff perhaps suggestive of spellbooks and her background as a witch) but GODDAMN I spotted one SO MUCH BETTER later on.

Remember when she's walking out on Vision and literally overpowering an infinity gem?

Yeah, RIGHT next to the door she's overpowering him to walk out through...

Does that Jenga-esque sculpture happen to remind you of anything in particular which just MIGHT be relevant to how overwhelmingly powerful she REALLY is?

FUCKING LOVING IT
    O_O

Last edited by Hazekiah; 06-03-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So I guess this won't be Old Man Logan afterall? I've never read the story, but I gotta assume if Logan is old, Professor X has to be dead.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    How old is he supposed to be at the "present" time in the X-Men movies? Maybe something happened that aged him significantly beyond what his healing factor allows. A straight adaptation of Old Man Logan was never going to work.

I started watching Agents of SHIELD again. Like the first season, the second season is a god damn drag to get through for the first ten episodes, but once the Inhuman stuff ramps up, it gets far better. Hopefully it can actually keep this momentum going into season 3.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i'm fully caught up on SHIELD. The show has worls of potential considering the universe their mining and it never gets even close to reaching it. And i severely doubt it will going forward either. It needs to take alot more chances than it does.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    i'm fully caught up on SHIELD. The show has worls of potential considering the universe their mining and it never gets even close to reaching it. And i severely doubt it will going forward either. It needs to take alot more chances than it does.
    Congrats that's how most of the MCU makes feel (Daredevil and Civil War being huge exceptions recently, and even then the Hand arc of DD season 2 paled in comparison to the Punisher arc).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)