Page 37 of 137 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 4099

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    can you honestly say the same about BvSoJ?
    I'd never say that but I just don't see what that has to do with the MCU at all. Whatever, I'm clearly the odd man out in this situation and will stop.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Yeah, we're only talking about two massive, blockbuster, superhero-beatdown movies from industry-leading rivals who both staked their claim to the SAME release date against one another until the weaker of the two backed down and moved up its schedule to avoid the competition altogether.

Oh, and that release date happened to be Mother's Day weekend and one movie had the heroes STOP fighting because of their mothers while the other movie had the heroes START fighting because of some mothers.

Nope!

No fertile grounds for comparison THERE, lol.
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 05-17-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    'Iron Man 3' writer says Marvel vetoed idea of female villain to sell more toys

Screenwriter Shane Black says the memo came from Marvel's 'corporate' division

Iron Man 3 screenwriter Shane Black has claimed that Marvel forced him and co-writer Drew Pearce to change a key character's gender in a bid to sell more action figures.

Black revealed that actresses Rebecca Hall and Stéphanie Szostak, who played Maya Hansen and Brandt in the movie, both had larger parts at an earlier stage in the screenwriting process before their roles were "reduced".

When asked why, Black told Uproxx: "All I'll say is this, on the record: There was an early draft of Iron Man 3 where we had an inkling of a problem. Which is that we had a female character who was the villain in the draft. We had finished the script and we were given a no-holds-barred memo saying that cannot stand and we've changed our minds because, after consulting, we've decided that toy won't sell as well if it's a female."

Black explained later in the interview that it was Guy Pearce's character Killian, who is revealed at the end of the film to be the main villain, who was originally conceived as female.

"In the earlier draft, the woman was essentially Killian – and they didn't want a female Killian, they wanted a male Killian," Black said. "I liked the idea, like Remington Steele, you think it’s the man but at the end, the woman has been running the whole show. They just said, 'no way.'"

Black also clarified that it wasn't Marvel's president Kevin Feige who made the decision to change Killian's gender, but the company's "corporate" division, adding: "But now you don't have that problem anymore."

Article:
    http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/-i...of-fema/407118

P.S.
    I'm not a DC fanboy or anything... not even a Marvel fanboy... but DC is giving Harley Quinn her own solo movie to feature more DC female characters.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The responsible person for that was let go awhile back (a good move), which was also referenced in that article.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    but DC is giving Harley Quinn her own solo movie to feature more DC female characters.
    Yeah, in putting those characters in bikinis.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    The responsible person for that was let go awhile back (a good move), which was also referenced in that article.
    Yes, fuck Perlmutter.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    That's a shame, I really enjoyed Iron Man 3 but like a lot of the MCU the villain was the weakest element and it held it back a bit from packing as much punch because of it. That could've been really cool and would've been really refreshing to see, and maybe people wouldn't have been as negative towards that movie (I never got why it was so dismissed it seemed when it felt like one of their stronger films as a whole and really dived deeper into character development than almost anything else of theirs). But I also liked Incredible Hulk so I'm weird I guess.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I loved Iron Man 3, by the way but I'm glad the Mandarin was revealed to be real (despite that sequence being funny in IM3). Shane Black fucking rules and I love Kiss Kiss Bang Bang as well as his other movies but to not realize The Mandarin is Iron Man's greatest foe was a mistake made somewhere.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The MCU's weakest point is indeed their villains. They have done great developing arcs for some of their heroes like Tony Stark and Steve Rogers but their villains are mostly one dimensional characters. They are bad just because. Thanos has potential but we've seen so little of him. General Ross have great potential but they are wasting him, for now.

And then there's Loki. The difference with Loki is that he was given his own arc. We know where he comes from but who knows where he's going because Loki does what Loki wants. We have to thank Branagh for that. And Hiddleston because he loves the character so much (he's the numero uno Loki fanperson) and because he's Hiddles.

Let's see what Doctor Strange and Black Panther will give us.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I loved Iron Man 3, by the way but I'm glad the Mandarin was revealed to be real (despite that sequence being funny in IM3). Shane Black fucking rules and I love Kiss Kiss Bang Bang as well as his other movies but to not realize The Mandarin is Iron Man's greatest foe was a mistake made somewhere.
    Absolutely love Kiss Kiss Bang Bang! Val Kilmer's character is the best.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Iron Man 3 is definitely one of my top Marvel movies, and it's one of my wife's favorites, as well. i think it would have been even further compelling to have Killian be a woman, and i'm really sad that didn't get to happen. : /

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The idea of Rebecca Hall being the.... ***SPOILERS***

The Mandarin I think would've been even more interesting. Especially as I would love the idea of her and Pepper Potts finally going womano a womano with Pepper putting on the Iron Man suit and kicking ass.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Mmm.

I would LOVE to see an epic, sexy, cat fight beatdown between those two...but no Iron Man suit though, plz.

A lean but ripped Gweneth Paltrow in speedos and a running bra is JUST FINE as it is, thanks!

;)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hazekiah View Post
    mmm.

I would love to see an epic, sexy, cat fight beatdown between those two...but no iron man suit though, plz.

A lean but ripped gweneth paltrow in speedos and a running bra is just fine as it is, thanks!

yes!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Maya Hansen being the real Mandarin would've aligned it way more with the Extremis arc, too. Like, as in being exactly how the comics are, except that it's dragged out and turned into a twist. Instead Maya gets shot for no reason so that Killian can have his ~big villain moment.~ I love the Iron Man trilogy but Iron Man 2 and 3 are two big culprits when it comes to shitty villains and playing into typical big-budget action movie casting. I did love the Mandarin twist, though, even if it apparently was going to be better.

I started watching Jessica Jones, finally. I haven't been in a position to watch a web series in a long time, so I had to sit and wait and miss out on the initial hype trains for both JJ and Daredevil season 2, which I also haven't seen yet. But it's incredible so far. Makes me really uncomfortable. I love it.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    While I agree that it would have been nice to see more of Maya and for her character to be more in keeping with the arc of her character in the comics, it's worth giving props to the production for sidestepping the interference from on high so deftly. I thought the Killian character was awesome and that Guy Pierce was both badass and hilarious in the role. Pretty neat that he's basically the hetero-male equivalent of Maya insofar as he's essentially one of Tony's many spurned lovers, lol.

And I loved the Mandarin plot twist, too! Although I'll admit that the "Hail to the King" one-shot was awesome too and that it would have been the PERFECT mid-credits sequence for the end of the film.

I already enjoyed the movie just fine but realizing what Shane Black was up against while tackling it just makes me appreciate it even more.
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 05-18-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Jessica Jones & both seasons of DD, while great, would have benefited even more from being cut down to maybe 10 or so episodes. That, or some of the episodes could have deviated from the main storyline (creature of the week type episodes perhaps).

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Jessica Jones & both seasons of DD, while great, would have benefited even more from being cut down to maybe 10 or so episodes. That, or some of the episodes could have deviated from the main storyline (creature of the week type episodes perhaps).
    If Jessica Jones had been like six focused episodes I might've loved it. As it stands it was spread too thin which led to constant "just missed 'em" type plots and a dragging out of things that, for me personally, removed any emotional investment or payoff and by the end I thought "Well finally that's over" rather than any narrative satisfaction. It had extremely weak side characters and plots that really felt like they were there just because they had to fill some space and in turn none of their endings were strong, either, they just seemed like "Well, we need to wrap this up now." It could've been a very deep character study about overcoming abuse in a strong and major way and the nature of abusive relationships within a tight, focused, six episode arc that could've kept it intense and impacting and instead it was thirteen episodes where by the end I liked none of the characters and felt like I wasted my time watching it.

DD is better about it because it has better supporting characters that feel much more natural in the show and it benefits from stronger writing and a richer universe for lack of a better word -- Daredevil is a much deeper lore than Jessica Jones -- but still could benefit from 10 episode seasons, and the ninja shit of season 2 should've been the first half since the Punisher arc was so strong, grounded and fascinating that the Elektra plot felt more intrusive than it did intriguing when it came along.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    When she sends you nudes but all you wanted was Mission Report: December 16, 1991.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    All I could think of whenever he was on the screen was 'oh shit, it's Zoller from Inglorious Basterds!'

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I'm amazed by how well Daniel's English are. He almost rivals Fassbender. He's sure gone a long way since The Edukators. He's been doing the Hollywood stint since The Bourne Ultimatum, I think.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Lol, what? Fassbender was raised in Ireland.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Lol, what? Fassbender was raised in Ireland.
    Oh, I had no idea!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    His father's German.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    The first season of Daredevil dragged a ton in the middle. I know it's an easy target but "Stick" was 100% the lowest point of the season. That was the only time I was reaching for the remote and trying not to skip the episode. But I think the end made up for it quite a bit.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Wow crazy opinions as I felt daredevil was perfectly paced. Kept me on the binge. As far as jessica jones goes, I couldnt even finish it.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    The only difficulty I had getting through "Jessica Jones" was the fact that I stayed up till 3 am to catch the Season Two premiere and I'd bought 2 liters of Vodka the night before to match everyone in the show shot-for-shot while I watched the entire thing in one sitting.

Almost died but WORTH IT.

Man, she's a bad bitch.

<3

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    The only difficulty I had getting through "Jessica Jones" was the fact that I stayed up till 3 am to catch the Season Two premiere and I'd bought 2 liters of Vodka the night before to match everyone in the show shot-for-shot while I watched the entire thing in one sitting.

Almost died but WORTH IT.

Man, she's a bad bitch.

<3
    season 2 hasn't come out yet...ARE YOU FROM THE FUTURE!?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    .... are you saying you drank as much as everyone drinks in all of Jessica Jones in a single sitting after 3am? Dafuq?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Exactly zero percent of that story is surprising given what I know about Haz.