Page 136 of 137 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 4099

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry to definitely veer off topic. I’m being a completionist this year and that includes Marvel.

I’m up to Hawkeye, I’ve watched one episode and I have no motivation to keep going… (even with the knowledge that Yelena appears later)

Does it payoff? I felt myself yet again tuning out of the fight sequences in Eternals/What If? etc and I just want plot!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    it's a very grounded show and resolves the "Yelena thinks Bart killed Natalie" thing.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ironically, Hawkeye and perhaps Wandavision were the last Marvel shows I enjoyed and cared about. Give it a shot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Forced my way through it. Highlights were the trick arrows and Yelena. Some of the dialogue was awful though, yeesh. Onto Multiverse of Madness followed by Moon Knight now…

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Digging Echo so far. Two episodes in. Getting right into the action was smart on their part.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The amount of violence in that show is kind of wild. like, it's the PG-13 violence we're familiar with until it isn't and you see a guy die in front of you very messily with a close up on his face.

Also Devery Jacobs (her friend Bonnie) did the voice for Kahhori on the What If...? episodes.
    Last edited by allegate; 01-25-2024 at 09:48 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Also Devery Jacobs (her friend Bonnie) did the voice for Kahhori on the What If...? episodes.
    If you like her work, give Rhymes For Young Ghouls or Blood Quantum a watch.... they are not... uh, happy but they are very, very good.

Or watch her in the music for the song "Sisters" by A Tribe Called Red

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rumored title lolol.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished watching "The Marvels" ... quite a good romp of a movie. Lots going on, funny bits, serious bits... rewarding.
    And then the mid-credits scene.... niiiiiice.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    That looks like a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Hugh Jackman has a…different…take on the title.

https://m.facebook.com/HughJackman

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Hugh Jackman has a…different…take on the title.

https://m.facebook.com/HughJackman
    can't see it, what's it say?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    hmm, bummer about that. hope this works:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So Deadpool as a movie property is transitioning from being a critical love letter to the superhero movie genre to a property used to "fix" the issues such a love letter would address.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stankeybearlover View Post
    So Deadpool as a movie property is transitioning from being a critical love letter to the superhero movie genre to a property used to "fix" the issues such a love letter would address.
    I don't think the two are mutually exclusive; I expect to see a little of column A and a little of culumn B and that's a-okay by me! I am so fucking pumped for this movie! I think the banter between Reynolds and Jackman is going to be absolutely hilarious.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stankeybearlover View Post
    This is pretty cynical even as far as MCU takes go

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Joseph Quinn is actually a perfect casting choice. Dude is going to knock that role out of the park.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Dude's got eyes like a shark. I've only seen him in one thing - not Stranger Things - and all I remember about it was his eyes.

Also there is an issue of the second Secret Wars - the one that the movie is supposed to be based on - in the Deadpool trailer and it's issue 5.

Linking because it is kind of a spoiler but probably not for Deadpool.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Well, it's certainly four people.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I've been seeing the toys for months so I thought maybe I had missed the release.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    just watched "Across The Spider-Verse" ...

what a long-ass of a movie and that was only part one of the story... I'll watch the next one out of sunk cost fallacy... but eeeeesssh... I don't have high hopes.

When there was two hours I left, I thought "This should have been 2 part movie; end the first one when the mistake is revealed and then picked up from there."

Didn't find any of the characters likeable... sure, some interesting one but likeable wasn't a big factor.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 02-25-2024 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I loved Across the Spider-Verse. Can't please everyone, I guess. Luckily for the filmmakers they seemed to have pleased almost everyone.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I loved Across the Spider-Verse. Can't please everyone, I guess. Luckily for the filmmakers they seemed to have pleased almost everyone.
    Help me out, why did you love it? I found very little redeeming in it...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Across the Spider-Verse brings everything the first installment had, and amplified it. I guess we watched two different movies, because it is charming, heartfelt, visually dazzling, and character driven.

But being able to see over 280 different iterations of Spidey, whether it be from niche Spidey's, to the slapstick Spidey's, it was so cool seeing them on screen, finally.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    charming, heartfelt, visually dazzling, and character driven.
    The only one I disagree with is charming... and my interpretations of heartfelt and character driven are unkind in this context. Visually, it was ground already covered in the first one.... and that's not a bad thing but it's still the same.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    yeah, reading the wiki article on it, we're in the camp of;

"Kyle Smith of The Wall Street Journal described the film as being "visually hypercaffeinated", but with a slow plot in the first half of the film, plotlines being a "hectic series of clashes", action sequences that were "jumpy but not especially engaging", and "too many long monologues". Jake Wilson of The Age gave the film 3 out of 5 stars, writing, "Typically for Lord and Miller, the upshot is both adventurous and conformist, an outwardly bold reimagining of the material that never stops congratulating us for our brand loyalty, and which plays it safer in plot terms than the early sequences might lead you to hope.”

But also, "visually hypercaffeinated" was the first one... so if you get into that, that's not a stumbling block here.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah I think across the Spider verse is a stand out super hero movie and I think I liked it much more than the first one. I do hate the trend of splitting movies into multiple parts though. That's the only thing I'd say was bad about it, that and the way it sort of incidentally, accidentally villifies basically all other Spider-Men than miles
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 02-26-2024 at 05:10 PM.