Page 121 of 137 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 4100

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Hawkeye: hints everywhere. I love every second of it, even though Clint is breaking my heart.

And good to see that Arrow Guy and Tic Tac remained in good terms.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So I'm watching the latest Hot Ones episode with Tom Holland and he's recalling a story of working with Jon Bernthal in the past and wanting to in the future... and I'm like... There's a really decent Spider-Man/Punisher limited series to be made right there. Not a stand alone movie... unless as a sub-plot to some other larger mess.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    if there's anyone who would break under torture of spicy wings it's Tom Holland.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This has to be one of the best marketing ideas, ever. A friend grabbed one for me!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    That's hilarious. The "man bitten" headline cracked me up.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "Fuck that was a good episode of Hawkeye!" and something I didn't think I'd say... but here we are.

"No Kate Bishop..."

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    "Fuck that was a good episode of Hawkeye!" and something I didn't think I'd say... but here we are.

"No Kate Bishop..."
    Just finished... So excited to see where this leads to!

But what really stayed with me was: Spoiler: When Clint is talking to Natasha, they play the Vormir music.. So sad!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-15-2021 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    You can't have a bad guy without a good guy, y'all.

*wink wink*

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well I saw NWH last night.

And I will be booking on ASAP to see it again. That is all.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Holy shit those crazy bastards pulled it off!
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 12-16-2021 at 08:21 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    No Way Home was a hell of a good time. And the crowd was SUPER into it. I saw it in a ski town, where a lot of South Americans come to work for the winter, and just about every one of them was there. Any time something exciting happened they went crazy. Last time I saw a movie with a crowd that fun and excited was Endgame.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Same here, it's very unusual for a German cinema crowd to go crazy during a movie, but some people went all in last night and I myself had a few good chuckles. This is for me the most funny and also saddest Marvel movie even ahead of Endgame for me.

While I wasn't really into the first half of the movie it all took off once the villains got into action. When the movie fails it's as bad as the worst Spider-Man flicks, but when it's good, it is really good!

Excited for what is to come! The cameos, easter eggs and throwbacks to the older movies were handled quite well!

Sadly I didn't really enjoy the trailer for Doctor Strange 2 that was attached to the end credits as this is the Marvel movie I'm most looking forward to, but it still promises to be cool movie. Can't wait for that as well!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Spoiler: One thing I found a little disappointing was just how much was spoiled by the leaks and the trailers ahead of time. Imagine going into this movie with no idea that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield along with all the villains were going to be in it. That would have been mind blowing to be surprised by in real time. The movie was still amazing even knowing to expect all of them, but I think it would have been a lot better going in blind.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Spoiler: One thing I found a little disappointing was just how much was spoiled by the leaks and the trailers ahead of time. Imagine going into this movie with no idea that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield along with all the villains were going to be in it. That would have been mind blowing to be surprised by in real time. The movie was still amazing even knowing to expect all of them, but I think it would have been a lot better going in blind.
    Same. I brought it on myself as I am a regular browser of the MCU Leaks Subreddit, but I really wish I'd have gone in without reading anything. Turns out a lot of stuff that was rumoured early on, as well as a bunch of plot points right down to a recent alleged chinese plot leak thing was pretty much all true - but I still enjoyed the film so much & I am desperate to get back and watch it again.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Spoilers are the reason why I don't bother paying attention to most of fandom... I'd rather watch a trailer and just "buy the ticket and enjoy the ride". The MCU has built that trust with me...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I don't get how they're supposed to conceal the villains in marketing this thing. Let alone the other major thing that everyone knew about.

I knew the whole ot down to the tiny details like two months ago and still found it thoroughly enjoyable. Relying on the surprise makes it less able to hold up on repeat viewings

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I also saw Spider-Man: No Way Home last night and absolutely loved it. This was actually a pretty fun opening-night theater experience (I wish I could say the same about our recent experience seeing Ghostbusters: Afterlife). Aside from a few people next to me who got a bit loud a few times (they were understandably excited, but a tad annoying/over the top about it) and a brief period near the end where someone was consoling a crying baby (who brings a BABY – not a toddler, an actual infant – to a movie on opening night??), it was a very positive theater experience and people were cheering and gasping at the surprises, including my best friend, who went into it so blind that he wasn't even aware that Dr. Octopus was back (he avoids watching trailers, but I'm still not sure how this is even possible!). I don't know where I'd rank it among the other MCU movies yet (still too fresh to tell), but I will say that it's easily one of the best (if not the best) Spider-Man movies. It's a crowd-pleaser, for sure.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I will say I think the ending is overly punitive to the audience and to Peter, taking away as much as it does I feel like it really soured a movie that was already sad enough especially given that, at the end of the day the botched spell is Dr. Stranger
    's fault for not briefing Peter on the consequences before even starting.

The movie gives itself surprising room to breath. The scene in Happy's apartment and the conversations leading up to the final battle end up defining the movie. Only two of the villains have substantial speaking roles which is part of how it avoids bloat. We also don't have to deal with any of their origin stories, so that's the sin the older movies sort of died for

Also there's some surprising depth to the messaging about rehabilitation that the movie goes all in on that I find appreciable

One continuity error I found was that: both goblin and doc ok know Dr. Connors in their world, as he is a recurring character in the raimi movies, so a missed opportunity to address that I guess.

Also the line from Jamie Foxx "he want to turn everyone into lizards... It was crazy" just got me so good
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 12-18-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I am so so so happy about Spoiler: Daredevil officially being part of the MCU!! They really nailed this Spiderman trilogy, I don't think I've ever been as happy with a trilogy of movies. I hope Marvel does more with Peter Parker as an adult, I know the comics go into it and it'd be very interesting to see in the MCU.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    I am so so so happy about Spoiler: Daredevil officially being part of the MCU!! They really nailed this Spiderman trilogy, I don't think I've ever been as happy with a trilogy of movies. I hope Marvel does more with Peter Parker as an adult, I know the comics go into it and it'd be very interesting to see in the MCU.
    Amen to that. I'd love to see more with Tom Holland.

Spoiler: We're also getting Kingpin back in the MCU too as of this week's Hawkeye, which is badass.

I went to see NWH again yesterday and had just as great a time as the first. It all really hits hard though.

One thing I wasn't aware of until yesterday, was that Spoiler: the footage of Rhys Ifans & Thomas Haden-Church after they've been cured, was just lifted from the original Spider Man 3 & The Amazing Spider Man which was a bit of a cop out.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I loved that the writers - and actors - were allowed to take swipes at things like Tobey hurting his back during the first movie and the organic web shooters.

I felt odd being the only one laughing at Tobey needing to stretch his back though.

I didn't even realize it until I was watching a video but this Spider-Man is finally officially Spider-Man and only has an actual costume between him and the world now, no AI, no Stark Tech, nothing. Loved watching that final web swinging with that red and shiny blue costume, it was great.

Also since when has the 2nd teaser just been a mother-effin' trailer?!? That was some bull.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Also since when has the 2nd teaser just been a mother-effin' trailer?!? That was some bull.
    A lot of the time that second credits scene just some throwaway gag, so I'm okay with it being a trailer instead of that.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Not as bullshit as the first stinger

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Random twits are saying that there's an Amazing 3 coming now. Would be an interesting way to make a non-MCU Spider-Man film that would have all that MCU goodwill and none of the profit sharing...hmm.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Random twits are saying that there's an Amazing 3 coming now. Would be an interesting way to make a non-MCU Spider-Man film that would have all that MCU goodwill and none of the profit sharing...hmm.
    On one hand, it seems way too late for that (though maybe No Way Home has proved that's not the case), but on the other hand, Spoiler: it COULD have been one of the stipulations for Andrew coming back. Maybe he signed a two-picture deal?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    No doubt that, while Andrew was always a fine Spider-Man, he really stole the show this time

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Not really sure if they'd make a TASM3 or Tobey SM4 at this point, although stranger things have happened right? Rumours are about that they have indeed been in discussions for further appearances in the MCU Spoiler: Secret Wars perhaps? so that could be cool.

They are also allegedly looking into Electro, Sandman, Rhino & possibly more spinoff origin films, which I kinda feel is really overkill.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony%2...r-Man_Universe

Sony doesn't know the meaning of the word overkill.

Also that Avi Arad...tribute?...at the end of the film was so dumb.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's hard to imagine being that self unaware

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)