Page 117 of 137 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 4104

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    watched the Eternals trailer last night and my wife says, "He's got an accent?" when Richard Madden started talking. They showed him again shooting the eyeball lazers and she's like "what the hell is this? when did Bucky get all this?" and I had to explain that it was not Sebastian Stan but someone else entirely.

side note: someone who's been around for thousands of years would lose their accent eventually. but since they appears to simulacrums anyway maybe that doesn't matter.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Spiderman trailer apparently leaked with unfinished effects off of someone's phone? The way stuff gets out these days if this is indeed real makes me chuckle sometimes.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 08-23-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there are productions shots running around as well of everyone that was rumored to be in the film so I suppose we're getting a trailer this week. Or maybe next week with Shang-Chi?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    It's funny how we almost never get this stuff with Disney, but Sony...like they couldn't keep an unfinished trailer under wraps!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

That's hilarious because the trailer is being shown today, the question is whether it is released to the internet or just the Sony event.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Fingers crossed it comes either today or this week - I buckled and watched the leak and read the supposed act 1 plot that's leaked.

The hype is real.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tom Holland also posting very convenient hype posts on his insta as usual lol...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I didn't want to see the images but what appears to be fully effects-on Electro was in a tweet. I am not sure if that is actual or a fan render though.

edit: fan render! apparently someone took footage from Suicide Squad Incubus and put Jaime Foxx's Electro face on it. whew, it looked so horrible I was worried.

edit edit: oh my word.
    Last edited by allegate; 08-23-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Spidey trailer!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    What the heck is wrong with Strange? Something's not right with him.

Oh and hi other Doc!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    What the heck is wrong with Strange? Something's not right with him.

Oh and hi other Doc!
    Absolutely, maybe he is someone else...maybe he is who it was in the comics that did this...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok maybe not.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Someone noticed something, the place where Strange (?) is casting the spell...that's Kangs Palace.

And strange is acting...very un-strange like! Theory hat on, could it be a variant of Kang here to mess the timelines to start Secret Wars? Loki acting as Strange? Or could we actually be getting...no, no we're not getting that one...no...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Maybe I just haven't been following along, but those cameos were completely unexpected for me. Spoiler: Are we expecting Tobey MacGuire and Andrew Garfield to appear in this as well, a la Into The Spider-Verse?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Maybe I just haven't been following along, but those cameos were completely unexpected for me. Spoiler: Are we expecting Tobey MacGuire and Andrew Garfield to appear in this as well, a la Into The Spider-Verse?

Spoiler: Yes, images of them have been leaked - word is they will be in the second trailer.

This is an interesting trailer full of things to speculate on, however I really want to know what's going on with Strange, it's not like him to have such a cavalier attitude towards such a potentially fatal spell. Also wondering how close this lines up with the ending of Wandavision where Wanda was seemingly searching the Multiverse, and the part in Loki where Sylvie triggers the Multiverse, as that seems to be the huge thing of Phase 4.
    Last edited by Jord; 08-24-2021 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    Someone noticed something, the place where Strange (?) is casting the spell...that's Kangs Palace.

And strange is acting...very un-strange like! Theory hat on, could it be a variant of Kang here to mess the timelines to start Secret Wars? Loki acting as Strange? Or could we actually be getting...no, no we're not getting that one...no...
    Remember in Loki how the palace looked like it was put back together via kintsugi?

I don't think that's it but it would be a cool detail.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    Absolutely, maybe he is someone else...maybe he is who it was in the comics that did this...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok maybe not.
    thinking about this some more and yeah it's a weird take on Strange that doesn't jibe with the other appearances but then maybe I'm just looking too hard.
    Last edited by allegate; 08-24-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    There's no way in hell that is our Doctor Strange in that snow filled Sanctum. Side note, I'll refer to original time line character as Prime because all those variants and what nots are confusing.

The clothes, the hair, the attitude? All of it is anti Strange Prime. Prime was going to let Peter and Tony die instead of surrendering the Time Stone and only did so when he knew it was the only way they were going to win. And he refused to tell anyone what he had seen in fear it would change things? That same man is going to cast a dangerous spell to change the whole world? Bitch, please.

And while he's casting the spell, he is wearing the Eye of Agamotto amulet. Isn't it useless without the Time Stone? Maybe he just like the bling?

That thing that looks like Strange is either a variant or it's M... another person.

And about the timeline: WandaVision takes place after Endgames, right? But Loki starts in 2012, after the Battle of NY. But the TVA being "outside of time", we don't really know when on the timeline Sylvie killed the Kang variant. Does it affect No Way Home or is Spidey 3 yet another "missing with the Multiverse" that will culminate in The Multiverse of Madness?

Man is Wong going to be pissed.

So many questions!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    100% do not feel that is our Strange. In every appearance (well 4 we have had) he has been collected and claim but with a slight attitude towards everyone, but above all else he his number 1 priority has been to keep things in check. For him to just be all "hey you helped save the world, let me mess with the very thing i know not to mess with" that is so out of character for him, and his attitude is so cavalier and playful, that's not our Strange!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Some real interesting ideas here...

Probably don't watch if you want to be surprised, Bob tends to be right on the money with this stuff.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Is it just me, or the more I watch this trailer, the more and more less interested I am about it. When I first saw the trailer before sharing, I was like "..... Eh." It didn't hit me like it is with others and Spiderman is my all time favorite hero lol.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    ok that was interesting but the skips/cuts mid sentence were a bit much.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I love this :

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    that trailer has me amped for this movie. It would be nice to get a Spidey in costume that doesn't look fake as hell though. I feel like they get more and more fake looking every movie.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Two things; looks like a hell of a way to get a Sinister Six in there...

and the latest What If...? episode was good.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah I liked that episode. I didn't twig to the keyword that Poison I...I mean Black Widow...sent in that voice message because I was so fixated on Spoiler: "it's Loki, of course it's Loki, it's always Loki." They got some impressive soundalikes for this show for sure.

Also it was kind of annoying that the subtitles spoiled the voice message because of the way they put the H there instead of h. not that it helped my dumb-ass but in hindsight it was dumb.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    best episode of the series by far. That was alot of fun and I didn't know where it was going. Clever little anlge they came up with there, and shows how teriffying that characters powers can be when used for the wrong reasons.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Spoiler: 20210903_032315.jpg

Used effectively in Shang Chi.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post

Used effectively in Shang Chi.
    Did you like the film?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Thoughts on What If...? with Dr. Stranges:

substitute "Marvel show" for tour.

I mean at least in the Snap half of the universe was left, whew.

Spoiler: Lots of videos saying that the Dr. Strange in the Spider-Man movie is this one but I don't buy that. A little too convenient. never mind that the show is supposed to be about alternate realities, not the main line stories, so I doubt any of the characters from the show will appear in the movies.

But if Marvel wants to prove me wrong I'm cool.

Side note: Wong leaves in Spider-Man - presumably to go on the Fight Club circuit - but it comes out after Shang-Chi.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I thought the Dr. Strange episode was excellent. Filled with easter eggs, and def. NOT an accident that this was the story they chose to do with Strange only a few months before Spiderman comes out. Def will tie in somehow, even if just thematically. And I think we all need to keep out eye on The Watcher after this one. I feel more and more like he's not going to be a neutral bystander forever. Ya know...just like the comics.