Page 102 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 4099

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    (though the rumors of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield being brought back have yet to be confirmed)
    According to other reports today, they'll be back. Along with Kirsten Dunst and Emma Stone.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    According to other reports today, they'll be back. Along with Kirsten Dunst and Emma Stone.
    Wow. If that's true, this is shaping up to be THE biggest Spider-Man-related movie ever. After Endgame, I didn't think they'd be able to pull off anything this big again for several years.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Hopefully they can strike a deal with Sony and get Toby in there. With all of these additions, how much screen time will they really get? Itching for plot details!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Alot of people are sounding the "too much like Spidey 3" alarm, which i can understand, but something people are missing is these are all characters most of the audience knows! Unlike Spidey 3 they won't require what little screen time there is to introduce them and explain their backstories, they should (in theory) just be able to jump straight into the action. It's actually a pretty amazing plan, giving fans what they've wanted for years (sinister six) without introducing new actors/motivations AND giving us so much fanservice. If they pull this off this could be on the same level of Endgame giving just how loved Spidey and those original Remi films are. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow. The hits keep comin'...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    *Breathes heavily....*

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    My excitement sense is tingling!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

In all seriousness, I'm getting VERY excited for this movie!! Peter Tingle activated!
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 12-09-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Now it's Marvel's turn...

New series coming to Disney+:
    Ironheart
    Secret Invasion (Reunites Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn)
    Armor Wars (Don Cheadle Returns as War Machine to Save Tony Stark’s Tech)
    The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (James Gunn Returns to Write and Direct Ahead of ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3)
    I Am Groot (series of shorts)

Newly announced movies:
    Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania (Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, & Michelle Pfeiffer are returning. Kathryn Newton as Cassie Lang and Jonathan Majors as Kang the Conqueror)
    Fantastic Four (directed by Jon Watts)

Other news regarding movies & shows we already knew about:
    Christian Bale Joins Cast of ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ As Gorr the God Butcher

Rachel McAdams Will Return For Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness

Captain Marvel 2: Brie Larson will be joined by Iman Vellani, who makes her debut as Ms. Marvel in the Disney+ series of the same name. Additionally, joining the cast is Teyonah Parris, who portrays grown-up Monica Rambeau

Black Panther II will continue to honor the legacy of Chadwick Boseman and his portrayal of King T’Challa, and will not recast the character. Rather, revealed during The Walt Disney Company’s 2020 Investor Day presentation by Kevin Feige, president, Marvel Studios, and chief creative officer, Marvel, the sequel will continue to explore the incomparable world of Wakanda and all of the rich and varied characters introduced in the first film.

She-Hulk will welcome a bevy of different Marvel characters to the series, including the Hulk, once again played by Mark Ruffalo, along with the Abomination, with Tim Roth returning to the role
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 12-10-2020 at 07:40 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the fact they're not shying away from old Marvel with Abomination and Doc Ock and Electro has me excited. The less they have to explain about origins the more they can just get to the story, you know?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Last edited by MrLobster; 12-12-2020 at 05:36 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Hate to say that and maybe I'm not in the Marvel mood, but none of that makes me excited. Loki, okay... the rest is totally above my head. I have no idea what's going on. :/

As I have Disney+ I'll probably give them all a chance, but so far there's not much I find intereting about this. Not even the movies coming out soon with the exception of Dr Strange 2, Thor 4 and GoG 3.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm getting an AoS vibe from Falcon and Winter Soldier... I'm good with that. Now, if they could integrate Mockingbird somehow...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Really cool hearing all this Disney, Marvel & Star Wars news today, lots of cool stuff to look forward to after this shit year we've all had.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    We're at the point now where they can do what they do in the comics, bring back old villains (even from movies not canon) and just not waste time with introductions and backstories, just straight into it...that's pretty cool!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    We're at the point now where they can do what they do in the comics, bring back old villains (even from movies not canon) and just not waste time with introductions and backstories, just straight into it...that's pretty cool!
    Exactly! The problem, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Hate to say that and maybe I'm not in the Marvel mood, but none of that makes me excited. Loki, okay... the rest is totally above my head. I have no idea what's going on. :/

As I have Disney+ I'll probably give them all a chance, but so far there's not much I find intereting about this. Not even the movies coming out soon with the exception of Dr Strange 2, Thor 4 and GoG 3.
    It's always someones first something so if you missed out on the Incredible Hulk you'd not know wtf an Abomination is.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Exactly! The problem, though...
    It's always someones first something so if you missed out on the Incredible Hulk you'd not know wtf an Abomination is.
    Probably a good time for Disney to do a quick run down of the first few phases in a video on YT or something, just for people who don't want to spend hours catching up with stuff (this is also a BIG reason why people find it so hard to get into comics)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    What amazed me the most about the MCU is how well it did overseas with many people not being familiar with characters like Captain America or at least, why should someone in Europe care about such a character? Some of these always seemed like national treasure, barely noticed in other markets. So yeah, gotta give it to Marvel for bringing characters like Thor, Iron Man and wow, even the Guardians of the Galaxy to the forefront. Of course they casted A-list actors for that and some made it to the top through these characters, but I always found that very remarkable.

So maybe they will find a way to get me back like they found a way to draw me in in the first place. But for now, I really have no idea what some of these trailers try to tell me. I know that they want to tease something special, but at this point I'm just not familiar with the comic lore and I don't have the time or desire to do the research.

Let's see...

But still, Falcon and the Winter Soldier... the two major characters I like the least from any of the MCU movies so far. Seeing Zemo was cool, but that show doesn't catch me at all. Yet I was pleasantly surprised how movie-like this production looks.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Well I was straight up wrong about Christian Bale.

Gore is such a dark villain... I'm not exactly happy that he will be getting the ragnarok treatment. Reading that book of thor is like reading an old timey epic.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    What amazed me the most about the MCU is how well it did overseas with many people not being familiar with characters like Captain America or at least, why should someone in Europe care about such a character? Some of these always seemed like national treasure, barely noticed in other markets. So yeah, gotta give it to Marvel for bringing characters like Thor, Iron Man and wow, even the Guardians of the Galaxy to the forefront. Of course they casted A-list actors for that and some made it to the top through these characters, but I always found that very remarkable.

So maybe they will find a way to get me back like they found a way to draw me in in the first place. But for now, I really have no idea what some of these trailers try to tell me. I know that they want to tease something special, but at this point I'm just not familiar with the comic lore and I don't have the time or desire to do the research.

Let's see...

But still, Falcon and the Winter Soldier... the two major characters I like the least from any of the MCU movies so far. Seeing Zemo was cool, but that show doesn't catch me at all. Yet I was pleasantly surprised how movie-like this production looks.
    If the rumors are true, the winter soldier show, which indeed looks boring as hell, is a jumping off point for Spoiler: fucking wolverine

And rumors have been super true lately

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Loki and What If? look fantastic... That is all.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Well I was straight up wrong about Christian Bale.

Gore is such a dark villain... I'm not exactly happy that he will be getting the ragnarok treatment. Reading that book of thor is like reading an old timey epic.
    Despite Ragnarok's considerable shift in tone (which, I admit I questioned whether it was the right choice for this particular franchise early on, but the movie won me over quickly and, as a result, Taika Waititi earned my trust), Hella was still a pretty serious villain. They didn't make her all jokey and reduce her to a farce like Paul Giamatti in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. They've proven they can maintain that Guardians-esque comedic tone and still play the villain straight with enough gravitas to make you concerned for the heroes and care about the outcome. Honestly, with the Jane Foster story they're going to be telling, I'm sure it'll be more serious than its predecessor in order to give the appropriate weight to the source material's equally serious subject matter.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

good to see confirmation.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Huge if true.

Don't look now but sources are saying a deal is close to have Chris Evans return as Capt America.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    why announce - or even talk about - this before Falcon/Winter Soldier comes out? I realize it's probably going to be a flashback or something like Black Widow where it's the before times but still.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    why announce - or even talk about - this before Falcon/Winter Soldier comes out? I realize it's probably going to be a flashback or something like Black Widow where it's the before times but still.
    Because it's a leak/scoop. Marvel Studios weren't the ones to break that news (again, if true), and if it IS true, they likely aren't thrilled that it leaked.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Maybe Marvel is going to pull a Loki and have Cap come back from another timeline?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Because it's a leak/scoop. Marvel Studios weren't the ones to break that news (again, if true), and if it IS true, they likely aren't thrilled that it leaked.
    fair, forgot the whole 'leak' part of that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    May need to park this lol.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    to be fair, She-Hulk actress Tatiana Maslany also said "no I'm not playing She-Hulk" until it was confirmed.