Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Where is the Tapeworm thread?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    the Josh blurry hands pic and others missing on the ninwiki are here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the tapeworm excitement and picture posts on nin.com and i believe there was even tapeworm.com or something at one point, great time period and even worse let down. i still think it will all see the light of day at one point. *hopefully.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninedead View Post
    the tapeworm excitement and picture posts on nin.com and i believe there was even tapeworm.com or something at one point, great time period and even worse let down. i still think it will all see the light of day at one point. *hopefully.
    I really hope so, but it all seems too good to be true. Even at the time when it was happening, it seemed too good to be true. And like TR said, it just wasnt good enough considering the players. My guess is that, through the years we will see bits and peices, like we have, of songs on other bands albums and such. Or maybe we've heard all we will ever hear. Too bad. It will always be the ultimate "what could have been". And at this point, maybe thats the way they want it. The mystery behind it is so huge and legendary, that maybe there is no way that it can live up to its expectations. But fuck I would love to hear it and always thought that it was the ULTIMATE supergroup and that those songs would change it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just think of all the stuff that comes out when someone dies (elvis..tupac) hidden or locked away recordings. seriously hope it doesnt happen then but more than likely when someone needs money that would be a great cash cow 30 years from now. haha

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I believe this shit will never see the light of day. And I'm cool with that.

Edit: Honestly, I didn't see the first post with the article; I just thought this thread was a bunch of wishy washy wishing, as it is usually. Having read the article, my sentiment stands.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-12-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Front
    Last edited by adamsrib; 12-04-2022 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
    Fixed that for ya. But do you have any info on this? Where did it come from? Is it in your possession?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Maybe someone can ask Charlie about this on reddit? Or wherever he mostly frequents and replies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Could this be from the Gandhi project that Charlie and Page were working on around this time?
    Last edited by explodey; 12-03-2022 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Are these the demos that were previously mentioned here?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I kind of wish Trent would start a new project called Tapeworm just to fuck with everyone.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Back

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I almost bought this when it was up on eBay a few months ago, but after talking with some folks, I didn't think it had much relation to Tapeworm material. Charlie and Page definitely worked on Helmet stuff over the years, so the likelihood that this is anything Tapeworm related seems remote. These tracks do seem to be unreleased though, so it's still an interesting find for sure. Charlie would probably shed some light on it if asked, though who knows what he might remember of it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    so... how/what does this sound like? pics are nice and all but sounds are better

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Reading old interview articles makes me wistful:

diredw: How do you feel about the Internets effect on music? And how is the Internet effecting your future projects?

snguest_trent_reznor: The distribution of music is getting interesting now. I like the idea that it can be immediately dispersed to people who wanna hear it. But there is a difference; labels can introduce music to people. It's the whole indie rock problem. The problem is, as a consumer, you need to know the difference between what is and isn't good. I'm on a major label now that I don't think believes in me very much. I hope they do, but I don't think they do. I made a record that I think is, I cried when I heard it. As an artist and a human being, it's the most I can make in my life, but I don't want to kiss Carson Daly's ass to get it played. Cuz I think it's art, you should frame it on your wall. Maybe I'm pretentious. I'm trying to get Tapeworm started because Nine Inch Nails is all about my neurosis and trying to change the world. Tapeworm is a collaborative project. I promise by mid-2000 it will be out. I believe in my band and respect those guys. And you'll see.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    . I'm trying to get Tapeworm started because Nine Inch Nails is all about my neurosis and trying to change the world. Tapeworm is a collaborative project. I promise by mid-2000 it will be out. I believe in my band and respect those guys. And you'll see.
    Trent never break his promises. By mid-2000, he meant the mid of 2000. Whether it's 2050 or 2500, you decide.

Happy new year. 27 more years to go!