Thread: Call for photography for current and future IP projects

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Call for photography, current/future IP NIN-related projects

Hi, here goes nothing, I'm "the 8-bit NIN guy", I did Pretty Eight Machine (all of Pretty Hate Machine on eight different 8-bit things). Right to the point, there's a Special Edition of the album for kickstarter backers and I'm late delivering it. One of my holdups is trying to finish up SE audio, but I'm also trying to do a nice booklet to come with the SE. After a chain of events regarding my recent HTDA cover track's image here, I had some good ideas, but I need serious help with photography to make it work. So, I'm asking for help. First of all, not sure if I've really "confirmed" this anywhere, but I would like to do a TDS and Fragile tribute in the future....the question is when, the answer is "I dunno"....but there's a chance for a few different photography/artwork styles here. Again making it easy: I want photos "in the style of" certain NIN eras — that is, PHM/TDS/Fragile — but I want them to incorporate the consoles I use with the tracks. Explained further: PHM's front cover is a distorted pic of part of a farm combine with some nasty interlacing artifacts, so I parodied that with a chip. Now I have an entire booklet so I want the inside to be worth looking at, not just white-on-black, so why not do the same thing with parts of consoles? Like, display a distorted pic of (or point a video camera at) a keyboard, joystick port, or cartridge slot of some console/computer on a CRT with nasty interlacing, then take a photo of that to imitate the effect on the PHM cover. For each system I would explain the details about the track related to the system pictured in the background. One system per page. Make sense? If you'd rather not try this idea, my other ideas are "console/computer in an industrial/gritty (rusty/metal/stone/dirt/etc) scene" for the TDS album, and then maybe images of consoles cut off by other images like the Fragile cover for that album. But priority one is finishing P8M:SE. I'm poor and I don't have any fucking money, but if you help me with any one of the albums I'm happy to give you a final copy of where your work ends up and of course proper attribution (in booklet, link on bandcamp where the image is, shoutout on twitter or something, whatever as long as it's doable). So far I have synt4x (the guy that took my HTDA cover's pic), @MAD , @bgalbraith , and @robot32 onboard, and possibly @Leviathant. This is a group effort; I don't want there to be a lot of pressure on anyone and then we can also sort of "fan-source" the images...make it more of a community thing...get some variety in the mix, etc. Maybe this isn't a good idea, but I won't know until I ask. Anyway, I'm sorry for the wall of text / I'm so wordy but I hope this gets the point across. Ask me questions! Let's do this! Etc!
    Last edited by InversePhase; 06-13-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: fixing my previous fucked up editing