Page 68 of 241 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I love how Trent moves slightly out of the darkness and suddenly he's on the same level as Hanson and Hillary fucking Duff. C'mon now.
    Exactly. The chorus is just what ive known is coming, and have been waiting to hear. It rocks. Its def different, but awesome. And before anyone thinks that im one of those fans that loves everything (ha) that he puts out, i never really liked starfuckers, getting smaller or the warning.

(if the chorus lyrics, and song name were different, i would prob love starfuckers inc)
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 08-19-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: because

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, Everything sure seems to be the Starfuckers of the album so far. My excitement deflated a bit especially with that following Copy of A. Not liking this one upon first listen but will put it away and give it another chance when I listen to the whole album.
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 08-19-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Everything: Worst track we've heard so far but STILL would have been a better single than Came Back Haunted.
    I guess they didn't pick this as the single because it would have been too obvious.

Here's a question: if the first single was Everything, would that immediately make people think Trent had gone off the deep end and was releasing a completely happy pop album? Would legions of NIN fans fall over dead thinking that NIN was now tarnished beyond repair?

I can't say for certain that, had I heard Everything first, I wouldn't be making scary assumptions about what the rest of the album sounds like. Now that I've heard it 5th, I'm kind of stoked that this album is going to be bizarre and varied.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Come on guys. I am completely mesmerized by this track. If this was the new single by New Order or U2, people would go batshit nuts and the song would top charts. Give ol' Trent some slack. The man just proved he could destroy Bono Vox if he wanted to do so.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobies View Post
    Rankin dem sawngs:

1. Everything
    2. Disappointed
    3. Copy of A
    4. Came Back Haunted
    5. Find My Way
    Counterlist:

1. Copy of A
    2. Find My Way
    3. Disappointed
    4. Everything
    5. Came Back Haunted

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    1. Disappointed
    2. Copy of A
    3. Came Back Haunted
    4. Everything
    5. Find My Way

.....if I had to rank, but I love all these songs a lot so far.

I am digging the Cure vibe in "Everything".

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Dunno if it's been announced yet, but like Copy of a, you can download Everything if you've preordered via NIN.com: https://store.nin.com/account_history.php

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I love how Trent moves slightly out of the darkness and suddenly he's on the same level as Hanson and Hillary fucking Duff. C'mon now.
    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that if Everything starts a trend, we may one day finally see Trent perform a cover of Mmmbop. Guaranteed Grammy gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To those crying "Strobe Light B-Side!", keep in mind this IS coming from the same man who once covered Der Kommissar. (A-wa-oh!) Not something I would've ever expected from a NIN single, but I can dig the poppy verses offset by such a discordant chorus. Trent will always keep us guessing and throw our expectations out the window. This is shaping up to be the most diverse Nails album yet.
    Last edited by raltenbach; 08-19-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: clarification

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone else noticed that the tag in "Everything" says "Copy of A Ep" and that is the track 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listifiedness

First listen:
    1. Copy of A
    2. Find My Way
    3. Disappointed
    4. Everything
    5. Came Back Haunted

20th listen:
    1. Everything
    2. Copy of A
    3. Find My Way
    4. Disappointed
    5. Came Back Haunted

The more i think about dem lyrics, the more brilliant it becomes. Well played, Sir. Reznor!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So, apologies if this has already been discussed a bunch on here, but Everything has got me thinking about it again:

Like most of us, I was pretty pumped when I saw the 100% Downward Spiral-esque artwork for Hesitation Marks. It got me hoping this would finally be a return to pre-With Teeth form. Then in an interview Trent said he wanted to make an album that was a response (and therefore homage) to TDS but at the same time sounded completely the opposite. Isn't that bizarre? I might end up liking Everything just fine, but I can't help that it's a huge disappointment for an album that in any way identifies itself with The Downward Spiral. In a way it almost feels like cheating to me. As much as I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the post-2000 stuff, I can at least respect it lives in it's own world. This feels like, I don't know, like seeing The Phantom Menace for the first time. If it was just a goofy sci-fi movie made by the guy who made Star Wars, we might all think it was (relatively) great, but when you call it Star Wars... it should be Star Wars.

I'm still absolutely looking forward to this album and have hopes that the work as a whole will make more sense to me, but I wanted to share and see what everyone else thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that if Everything starts a trend, we may one day finally see Trent perform a cover of Mmmbop. Guaranteed Grammy gold.
    I'm thinking of a mashup of Copy of A and Mmmbop.

Sheer gold.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When's that option 30 reunion?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    1. Copy Of A
    2. Disappointed
    3. Find My Way
    4. Came Back Haunted

I'm refuse to accept that Everything is a NIN song, so I just leave it like that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    So, apologies if this has already been discussed a bunch on here, but Everything has got me thinking about it again:Like most of us, I was pretty pumped when I saw the 100% Downward Spiral-esque artwork for Hesitation Marks. It got me hoping this would finally be a return to pre-With Teeth form. Then in an interview Trent said he wanted to make an album that was a response (and therefore homage) to TDS but at the same time sounded completely the opposite. Isn't that bizarre? I might end up liking Everything just fine, but I can't help that it's a huge disappointment for an album that in any way identifies itself with The Downward Spiral. In a way it almost feels like cheating to me. As much as I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the post-2000 stuff, I can at least respect it lives in it's own world. This feels like, I don't know, like seeing The Phantom Menace for the first time. If it was just a goofy sci-fi movie made by the guy who made Star Wars, we might all think it was (relatively) great, but when you call it Star Wars... it should be Star Wars.I'm still absolutely looking forward to this album and have hopes that the work as a whole will make more sense to me, but I wanted to share and see what everyone else thought.
    he stated in a interview he picked that artwork because its opposite of what the record sounds like. And he also said that he thought about Where he was at mentally during Tds while writing. It was in that nytimes article, as well as that terrible lollapalooza interview.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All joking aside, the song is ok.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So, apologies if this has already been discussed a bunch on here, but Everything has got me thinking about it again:

Like most of us, I was pretty pumped when I saw the 100% Downward Spiral-esque artwork for Hesitation Marks. It got me hoping this would finally be a return to pre-With Teeth form. Then in an interview Trent said he wanted to make an album that was a response (and therefore homage) to TDS but at the same time sounded completely the opposite. Isn't that bizarre? I might end up liking Everything just fine, but I can't help that it's a huge disappointment for an album that in any way identifies itself with The Downward Spiral. In a way it almost feels like cheating to me. As much as I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the post-2000 stuff, I can at least respect it lives in it's own world. This feels like, I don't know, like seeing The Phantom Menace for the first time. If it was just a goofy sci-fi movie made by the guy who made Star Wars, we might all think it was (relatively) great, but when you call it Star Wars... it should be Star Wars.

I'm still absolutely looking forward to this album and have hopes that the work as a whole will make more sense to me, but I wanted to share and see what everyone else thought.
    The only reason TDS keeps getting mentioned is because of the artwork, and the fact that TR said that this album is a reflection of where he was in his life when he wrote TDS. It was never supposed to sound like TDS. I love that TR isnt retreading old ground and going back to that sound. He is a TOTALLY different person now and the music should reflect that. If every album since TDS sounded like TDS, he would be a joke at this point, in this stage of his life still writing about how shitty life continues to be. But NIN keeps re-inventing itself just like Bowie did, and if we are lucky enough to get even more NIN albums after this, i would imagine this trend will continue. I love evolution.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When is tr going to do that duet with lady gaga? .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I would have been disappointed if it had just sounded like TDS again. Plus, Everything greatly achieves the whole "opposite" of TDS thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, he totally missed that point. On ward and upward.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Add me to the list of people who were unsure about the song at first but came to love it after a bunch of listens.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Can someone pm me a link for this new track!?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chroipahtz View Post

Here's a question: if the first single was Everything, would that immediately make people think Trent had gone off the deep end and was releasing a completely happy pop album? Would legions of NIN fans fall over dead thinking that NIN was now tarnished beyond repair?
    You know, I fucking wish that had happened so we wouldn't have to deal with the brain-dead dipshits on Facebook.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    God all this hate for the track just makes me want to stop PMing it. It'll be just one more person to hate it. I don't get it...its new NIN!!!! And it jams!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    God all this hate for the track just makes me want to stop PMing it. It'll be just one more person to hate it. I don't get it...its new NIN!!!! And it jams!!
    This times a thousand ^^

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toksin View Post
    Long time Lurker here. Finally signed up. Hope newbies aren't getting hit to hard around here.

Since everyone puts in their 2 cents...I really really am disappointed in the new NIN music. I feel most people are 'trying' to like it. They say 'at first i wasn't sure but after 100 listens, its now GREAT'.

I get that you don't want to dwell on the past and don't want to repeat yourself, musically. But I think these singles, esp. Everything, is so subpar for NIN. At least YEar zero felt somewhat innovative, different yet it still had that NIN sound. These new singles remind me of with Teeth a lot which personally I did not liked at all. Copy of a has its moments when its about to enter greatness but then it never does. Im not saying i could do a better job but it's just not up there. Looking at the live shows, the new songs do not go well as the old stuff does. At least it appears to me like that.

I have the deluxe edition pre-ordered so im a supporter. But these new songs do not make me and go for a ticket. But i guess as a fan you either like it or you don't. Im sure TZ does not care.
    Welcome to the forum, glad you're not being a dick about not liking the song.

On the contrary, I think he does care. But it's not that he only cares if you love the song - he cares if the song gets a strong reaction. That's what music is for - generating an opinion that's more than "eh, ok." Everything has certainly done that so far - I don't think I've seen a single person say "ah, well that's alright." It's either been "Holy shit this is the fucking bomb" or "this sounds like Trent shit on the microphone for three and a half minutes." And you know what? That's great. That means people still care about NIN enough to yell and scream about new music.

Mission accomplished, basically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think Trent will manage to top the 2nd and 3rd albums for me but I've still been enjoying these tracks and find I enjoy them more when I don't constantly compare them to the angrier periods. Copy of A I really love even if it doesn't build up as strongly. Maybe the fact it was so good live influenced my thoughts on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey! Thanks. And theres no need to be a dick! It's all good, in the end, new NIN is better then none.

I get what your saying and I agree to an extend but in the end I want the new music to be good. Stirring shit up is great but with all the talent TR has around him, it's just sad to see him going down the minimal/pop route. He can do better then that and I think thats what's so frustrating about these singles. Of course, it's his gig so he can do as he pleases. I guess i could cancel the pre-order but im still (obviously) curious to see if the record might not hold a gem or two! So no more singles until the full thing....i say!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if it was mentioned yet, but Amazon now has the vinyl for Hesitation Marks for preorder. Its a couple bucks cheaper, and you can get free SS shipping. (if you don't care about having the vinyl on the 3rd). Also, if you want to spam your FB, you can use this social media promotion for a $5 credit off of a $25 purchase. You can post it, and then immediately delete it from FB.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/socialmedia..._s_amzn_mrlr2e