Page 5 of 241 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I don't think he'll go the route of physical singles anymore, even with Columbia attempting to breathe down his neck. The Slip didn't have any physical singles, and HTDA hasn't had any ever (KIT doesn't count). 28 will be the new album.
    From what I've heard, Sony might be the first of the big three to do away with physical *anything* anymore.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Three words: LIVE REHEARSAL VIDEOS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah, blah blah about who is touring and who isn't. blah blah about how the new album will sound like. Blah blah about people telling us again which is their favourite album. Seriously I DON'T CARE!

My point is:
    NEW ALBUM, YEAH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kitz View Post
    yeah, blah blah about who is touring and who isn't. blah blah about how the new album will sound like. Blah blah about people telling us again which is their favourite album. Seriously I DON'T CARE!

My point is:
    NEW ALBUM, YEAH!
    I know right? It's almost like this is a discussion forum or somet- oh.

I too am pumped for this, though - given the film work and HTDA, I would be expecting a largely electronic affair -which would be awesome- but as Trent and co. have proven with almost every major release, initial expectation are usually wrong. Very wrong.

it sucks about Adrian, but I always took the 'new NIN' to mean sonically and lineup - same people doesn't mean the same results (not that I'd complain about the results, the tightness of the final shows with minimal setup was spectacular)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    Three words: LIVE REHEARSAL VIDEOS.
    Except the ones so far are possibly going to have two members who have left

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Personally, i'd rather have anyone who is planning on bailing for this extensive 1.5 year world tour do it NOW while the rehearsals are taking place. We don't want this to be 2005 all over again where the tour starts and the first show gets cut in half due to issues with band members not being physcially (or mentally) capeable to handle the tour.

I'm still shocked they were able to carry that tour on with barely any cancelled shows at all. There were so many members that were in and out for the first leg of that 2005 [With_teeth] tour. But Trent is one of the greatest guys in rock and roll, if he has a tour planned, he damn well will make sure the show still goes on, even if that means hirring
    Alex Carapetis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    a) so on the old ets there was some guy confirming the tracklist of the slip before it was even announced officially. we need this guy now!

b) so just for the record: which albums/releases of NIN were made secretly and we did not know about it until it was finished? ghosts, the slip, and this one. any other one? about Year Zero we were informed that it was in the works, weren't we?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    [Re. live rehearsal videos]
    Except the ones so far are possibly going to have two members who have left
    All the more reason to have video footage, in my opinion, so we can hear how it would have sounded.

I hope we get some official statement about Adrian soon. I was ecstatic when the announcement came that he and Eric Avery would be on the next tour, and now it looks like I'm taking a double shot from the very tall disappointment glass. Still, looking forward to hearing Adrian's work on the new album; I wonder if Eric made any contributions to it. It would leave Perry Farrell as the only member of Jane's Addiction not to have a performance on a NIN song...

Regarding the new album, I'm surprised it's the Trent/Atticus/Alan triumverate producing again. Trent's tended to change co-producers frequently throughout his career, and has resulted in each album having a very fresh and different sound. I'd assumed a large part of the decision to form HTDA was to keep that team together while NIN continued to move in other directions.
    As much as I love Year Zero, I kind of wish Trent had spent as long working with Keith Hillebrandt, Dave Ogilvie, Danny Lohner (on record) and Sean Beavan as he has with Atticus.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    By the way, no more $300 limited editions again, please Columbia.
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 05-29-2013 at 05:03 AM. Reason: $$$

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The last time I got excited about a NIN album The Slip happened.

*folds arms*

But I'll still spend £300 on something I'll never touch if there's a pre-order.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So ready for this, feels like it's been a long wait. I genuinely thought we were going to have to wait until late 2014 for a new record.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    I too am pumped for this, though - given the film work and HTDA, I would be expecting a largely electronic affair -which would be awesome- but as Trent and co. have proven with almost every major release, initial expectation are usually wrong. Very wrong.
    Trent seems to do a pretty good job of separating the sound of his projects. He's been doing more minimal, electronic-based music for awhile now so I'd expect the new NIN album to be hard rocking and more guitar-driven.

Also, I highly doubt The Slip was a rush-job to help promote a tour. A tour usually promotes a new album, not the other way around. I'm assuming The Slip was made during the Ghosts sessions as a way to blow off steam from the unconventional, experimental Ghosts tracks. Demon Seed was a direct offspring of a Ghosts track and Corona Radiata could have easily fit in with the style and concept of Ghosts.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The timing of the announcement does feel very much - 'good day to bury bad news'-y with regards to Adrians departure. Ecstatic about the new album announcement as I was going to bed last night, but somewhat tempered by the departure of Adrian - because it did really feel like we were going to get something unique on this tour, which I now have my (hopefully unfounded) doubts about. I await official word from either party to clarify, because this is turning into a mini-disaster for TR, losing two members of his touring band in the space of a couple of weeks - not the ideal preparation for your first tour in 3 1/2 years!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Trent pulled a Bowie!
    Yes, I wanted to say something like that.
    The Belew story even reminds me of Robert Fripp's almost-leak of the Bowie news.

I just hope that Trent's sound palette has been updated.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Let the countdown begins!

1 day without the new NIN album....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm very excited about the news of a new NIN album. This has been my favourite band/musical project for most of my life. BUT, please, let it NOT be another Ghosts album! Seriously, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo soundtrack was great, but I felt saturated when it came out: first Ghosts I-IV, then The Social Network, then another 3 discs of instrumentals (+ theme song for call of duty and theme song for Bullet Man, my personal favourite of all)

Mind you, Trent and friends' abilities to build up a mood with an instrumental piece are AWESOME, really! But, you know what I like about Nine Inch Nails? The SONGS. The ones I can sing along to, the one that fuck up my brain because my attention is instinctively focused on the voice and I miss details that after 15 years of listening to the album I suddenly find out and it's awesome.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    But I'll still spend £300 on something I'll never touch if there's a pre-order.
    What about something you can never have?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    What about something you can never have?
    Kinda she wants to

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Goddamn you Trent. I hate when stuff like this gets mentioned and then its just a waiting game to hear anything. Im happy its a lot sooner than next year but dammit I WANT SOME MORE INFO! ANYTHING!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really excited about the new album, but really curious where the "Adrian Belew leaving NIN" info came from. I couldn't find anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andreiuc88 View Post
    Really excited about the new album, but really curious where the "Adrian Belew leaving NIN" info came from. I couldn't find anything.
    He's only doing studio work now, apparently. Not performing live.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm getting passive-agressive-childhood-parents-divorce-teaching-me-not-to-expect-anything-to-last-forever flashbacks. Shit.

Oh well, that's life.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    So Pitchfork posts that Belew isn't performing WITHOUT linking to a source, and everyone believes it? Not saying it's 100% false, but I'm not believing this until I see some sort of official word.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    So Pitchfork posts that Belew isn't performing WITHOUT linking to a source, and everyone believes it? Not saying it's 100% false, but I'm not believing this until I see some sort of official word.
    Kinda like they posted about there being a new album without linking to a source?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    He's also not listed on the band's Facebook page (I just went & checked again & it was kinda funny to literally watch his name disappear as it replaced the cached version of the page with the current one) which is probably controlled by Trent & Rob & maybe a couple of others.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I found this on instagram earlier: http://instagram.com/p/Z5lu_XnIAY/

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I found this on instagram earlier: http://instagram.com/p/Z5lu_XnIAY/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

New Album. Out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    The statement posted on the site is when he left back in 2008.

And the date on the right is just the website telling you what day today is.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Same thought here....

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    The statement posted on the site is when he left back in 2008.

And the date on the right is just the website telling you what day today is.
    Yup. click in the image
    I was demonstrating how random screenshots without the source can be misleading. The old Cortini news still made my heart skip a beat! There have been a lot of instances where there was "new NIN"