Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
I did get a lot of my friends to vote for me. I am currently 8th on the popular vote category (and will most likely fall until the voting closes). I did like a few of the remixes I heard in there, but some of the most-voted, most-played and commented on ones sound lazy at best. People like me and @DVYDRNS composed the whole thing ourselves and only kept the vocal stems. I mean, sure, mine may not be a very good remix. After all, it's the first remix I ever did. But at least I put some fucking effort on it, and tried to make it as listenable and fresh as possible. The ones that get the most attention feel like slightly tweaked rehashes of the originals. The only thing that assures me is that HTDA themselves will have the final word on both prizes.

I wish everyone the best, but Indaba's system needs to be improved. The current version of their site is still in its beta phase, and, in my opinion, wasn't ready for this sort of thing.

Same here with the "only keep the vocal stems" approach (although i also lifted the "snare" sound for the end section)... not that there is anything WRONG with keeping more of the track than that, it's just not my style. I'd love to hear your version, you should put a link to it up! Here's mine... https://soundcloud.com/tomvx/htda-ho...crashed-burned

Indaba has been around for a couple years now.... beta or no they should have their systems worked out by now. I'm not going to knock them too hard though, they DID give us the opportunity to remix this!