Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost BC

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    You can now add "Grammy award winning" to their resume.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    I'm totally down with that. Saw them for the second time last month and they get better and better. Fantastic band!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Very much looking forward to the new EP later this year! Fingers crossed that newly revamped tour comes to my neck of the woods. I've seen them live twice and they're fantastic.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Was hoping for an acoustic ep.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Saw them live yesterday, after having seen them in a small venue here when their first album hit. I couldn't really get my head around them at that time, but yesterday was a totally different animal. I really like their new found dynamic and Papa Emeritus being a real front man by now. Really nice set and captivating performance, although I'd prefer the Nameless Ghouls to have individual masks... that might break their vision but I find it sad personally to not be able to connect with the full band.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    So, they announced a North American fall tour today called "Popestar"

There is a Vancouver show, which I plan in attending.
    But I'm trying to decide whether this Meet and Greet package is worth it...

Meet & Greet - Meet and Greet Package- $300
    Package Includes: One general admission ticket VIP early entry into the venue Exclusive pre-show meet & greet with Papa and members of Ghost Personal photograph with Papa and members of Ghost Specially designed Ghost tour shirt (exclusive to package only) Collectible silkscreened tour poster autographed by Papa (numbered, limited print) Official meet & greet laminate Exclusive Ghost tour merchandise item Very limited availability

The regular ticket price is only $40, lol!

I shouldn't even be considering this... but I am... I have problems.
    @Conan The Barbarian - Would you dish out $300 for this package? The opportunity to meet the band and get a photo with them almost seems worth it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Ghost BC

It depends. Last tour the meet and greets got mixed reviews. Since it takes time for ghost to get ready, their meet and greet were happening as the opening band were playing. That defeats the purpose of early entry and missing the opening band.

If thats ran that way again, I personally wouldnt do it. Also, 300 bucks is alot of money. I love Ghost, but thats rammstein money to me. ( Meaning that rammstein is worth 300).

My personal opinion. If you want to meet them. Do it after the show. They will be in their regular clothes and no pictures for obvious reasons, but I have heard nothing but good stories of the band being chill about hanging with fans a bit afterwards and signing things. Even Tobia... I mean papa.

So its up to you. If you have that money to blow and wanting pics with the band and cool gear, wait for reviews on the experience. Otherwise, wait aftershow.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Sweet, thanks for the opinion man. I think I'll just buy the regular admission ticket. $300 is a hefty amount of cash for Ghost. I mean, Ghost are awesome and all, but you're right about that being "Rammstein" kind of money, lol.

I would do it for maybe $150, but $300 is a little steep. Surprised they are getting away with charging that much. I know they've been gaining steam, but I wouldn't think they could get away with charging THAT much for a meet and greet package.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    It is a little too much. I believe the last tour they were two hundred. Bands gotta do what they gotta do to stay afloat these days.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Sweet, thanks for the opinion man. I think I'll just buy the regular admission ticket. $300 is a hefty amount of cash for Ghost. I mean, Ghost are awesome and all, but you're right about that being "Rammstein" kind of money, lol.

I would do it for maybe $150, but $300 is a little steep. Surprised they are getting away with charging that much. I know they've been gaining steam, but I wouldn't think they could get away with charging THAT much for a meet and greet package.
    I agree that it's Rammstein money.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    It is a little too much. I believe the last tour they were two hundred. Bands gotta do what they gotta do to stay afloat these days.
    I guess that's true eh? Nobody buys records anymore. They need to give 'em away for free with the purchase of a concert ticket.
    Which is exactly what Ghost did just now. They are including a digital download of new music with each purchase of a ticket.
    The download link to be e-mailed closer to the start of the tour.

The thing is though, it technically wasn't free. One of the "hidden" fees was a $2.50 digital download fee tacked on at checkout for the ticket I bought.
    A $39.50 ticket turned out to be $55 after all the fees were added on. Just add the damn fees to the original price already. Urgh.
    3% CC fee - $1.19 (What the hell even is this)
    Facility Fee - $2
    Service Fee - $10
    Digital Download fee - $2.50

For Fuck sakes...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I guess that's true eh? Nobody buys records anymore. They need to give 'em away for free with the purchase of a concert ticket.
    Which is exactly what Ghost did just now. They are including a digital download of new music with each purchase of a ticket.
    The download link to be e-mailed closer to the start of the tour.

The thing is though, it technically wasn't free. One of the "hidden" fees was a $2.50 digital download fee tacked on at checkout for the ticket I bought.
    A $39.50 ticket turned out to be $55 after all the fees were added on. Just add the damn fees to the original price already. Urgh.
    3% CC fee - $1.19 (What the hell even is this)
    Facility Fee - $2
    Service Fee - $10
    Digital Download fee - $2.50

For Fuck sakes...
    lol that's fucking annoying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have just started to really check these guys out, now I am really considering catching the Popestar tour.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    http://www.childrenofghost.com/2016/...square-hammer/

It's pretty kickin. This sounds more nostalgic like their two previous records.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ah, you beat me to it, Conan. Love this tune.

Looking forward to seeing Ghost for the second time this year....on Halloween no less.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Happy that physical versions are available for pre order

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I LOVED that song.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    New tune is awesome. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the EP. I'll be getting a download link in my e-mail inbox on Friday, since I purchased a ticket to a show for their 2016 fall tour. Looking forward to hearing the new music and of course seeing them live! It's been 3 years since I've seen them live. That's way too long!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, the band is hitting up Charlotte November 5th (it's a Saturday). I might go! I know the consensus here is for me to do so haha.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Apparently the ghoul known as omega is no longer part of then band. Which sucks because he was a huge part of the writing process.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    People in youtube comments are saying the new bassist is female.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Interesting!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    No way in hell its sean, she is taller than that.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll see if I can figure her out.

I just bought my ticket for the show on November 5th in Charlotte, NC.