Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
Well I interviewed for a job today a grill in a local hotel in the Radisson corp. entity here in town. Talked with the chef and accepted. More money guaranteed(hate this word) hours most likely 4-10's so ill have 3 days off, possibility of sous which from the sounds of things I could easily get. Benies, discounts on hotel things etc. Menu is pretty basic but still good. Some things I haven't done and things I like doing, yeah Pizzas. Guy is a bit younger than me but seems to have a good outlook on how things should be similar years in the game. Now I have to break the news to my current job right before the busy season kicks off. If you've red my rants you know it's been a long time coming. Still as I like the people where I am, it must be done. All my partially petty bitching aside I feel a lot better. I know exactly how green the grass is in this business. I'm going to offer up to help when possible because I understand how things are. That said, I gave up more than I otherwise would have to stay as long as I have. It's time.

Also I have a standing offer for a chef's position out of town from an old coworker, decent salary,benies etc as well that I cam take when I am able to make the move.

Years ago before I started in this business I vowed never to become job dependant. Now in some ways cooking is all I've dine but I've managed to maintain some freedom in that regard by taking what I do seriously, which the right people recognize.

Today was a good day.
Congrats! Glad it worked out for you! Be sure to keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk