Thread: Work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    ^^^^ Do you feel this way now that marriage is there and sort of a safety net?

It is quite wonderful to be good at something and also be appreciated for it. Was changing about money or just doing something more challenging? If more challenging, feel your spare time (har har) with that.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Nah, marriage didn't change anything, I've always had financial security.

But the PRINCIPLE of not getting health insurance at this job kinda bugs me. I haven't worked without insurance benefits since I was, like, 18. Not counting the times I worked freelance, natch (at which time I bought MYSELF health insurance, since I was self-employed).

G and I have decided that I'll kinda "live with it" (this job) right now, since this schedule is kinda fitting into some other stuff we have going on in our lives at this very moment .

But, yes, I'm bored. Appreciated, yeah. But, I'm still really bored. Or, I guess, BURNED OUT. I barely want to get out of bed in the morning.

Problem, though, is will introducing "challenge" end up meaning 60 hour weeks and no vacation for over a year? I've been there, did that for most of my life, and it means one foot in the grave.

Honestly, my best girlfriend and I have been dreaming of starting our own business for a long time but we just can't figure out doing WHAT.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-16-2014 at 08:54 AM.